BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

In the Dead Sea video last year when he says 'better f*ckin ope so!' I just died a little bit and played it again. Hahaha.

hahaha I know right?

:eek:

I DIDN'T MEAN IT RUDELY!!!!!!!!! :roftl:

By the way, my print screen button is failing to work, don't suppose someone would be kind enough to print screen the famous MFC moments would they? I'll give a virtual hug lol :aah:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Dead Sea video last year when he says 'better f*ckin ope so!' I just died a little bit and played it again. Hahaha.

Dead sea video?? did i miss this one?? *goes to look on youtube*

Or with enough magic numbers! :aah:

Yeah, I think it was more of a surprise that no one said anything because there's usually a lot of build up and more people probably could have gone if they'd known it was happening BUT I don't see people saying things that make it seem as though they expect someone to knock on their front door and say 'good morning! I'm here to inform you that Mika will be on Jools Holland on Friday evening, here are your VIP tickets and a car will be here at 6pm to pick you up, good day!'

:doh: oh yeah, magic numbers :roftl: Im soooo blonde sometimes.

Or with enough magic numbers! :aah:

Yeah, I think it was more of a surprise that no one said anything because there's usually a lot of build up and more people probably could have gone if they'd known it was happening BUT I don't see people saying things that make it seem as though they expect someone to knock on their front door and say 'good morning! I'm here to inform you that Mika will be on Jools Holland on Friday evening, here are your VIP tickets and a car will be here at 6pm to pick you up, good day!'

I want that.

:mf_rosetinted:

hahaha I know right?

I DIDN'T MEAN IT RUDELY!!!!!!!!! :roftl:

By the way, my print screen button is failing to work, don't suppose someone would be kind enough to print screen the famous MFC moments would they? I'll give a virtual hug lol :aah:

I would help you out if i knew what the famous MFC moments were.:teehee:

Thank you caz! :biggrin2:

I was going to launch straight away into saying how incredible last night was, but am feeling a bit wary now and would like to make a comment beforehand.

I went to the Graham Norton Mika appearance back in 2007, like many others here, and have gone to other TV shows (not involving Mika :naughty:) other times. Why? For the same reason that other people here in the UK and also in other countries go to these events: they look these things up, and chase or take the opportunity when it happens.

I really don't recall that when we went to the Graham N show back then anyone made a public announcement before, making a huge production of the whole thing, saying: "hey, we're going!". It was more of a response/consequence aferwards, when we all came here to comment on how good it had been. I guess that what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand why it's suddenly somehow "expected" that everyone who's going to any event relating to Mika needs to formally announce it here, or automatically make it this huge production. People do and feel things in many different ways, and that's just how it is. Not everything is always a huge joint trip, if you know what I mean? Also, sometimes things happen very fast and even if some would have made a big song and dance of it if they had had more notice, they just don't get the chance to because they are busy in RL or whatnot. Other times some people may get tickets from a friend who applied or got them, and this person is entitled to take a friend (these things usually work in pairs of tickets) so there is already "internal drama" if say one person has 2 good friends and needs to choose their "plus 1" for this, thus leaving one friend disappointed.

We also have different ways of handling "spares" like when we were given the POG ones and Caz gave hers out randomly, but everyone else took an mfc'er who was a friend. Neither option is better or worse than the other, they are just different choices, and again, expecting anyone to act in a certain way is IMO just silly.

Anyway what I guess I'm trying to say is that it's not really an issue, is it? People conduct themselves in different ways and that is totally acceptable.

Anyway, after this long winded pre-report I will now post my impression of the night if anyone is interested :naughty:.

I think that I will do a separate post just to keep it shorter.

Sara it's okay, I don't think anyone's angry, I just think some people are surprised we didn't mention it. Which of course we don't have to if we want to keep it to ourselves. It was hard though :aah: But wasn't it a nice surprise for everyone? "Oh look there's Mika...OH LOOK THERE'S MFCERS!!!" :biggrin2:

Sara I'd LOVE to hear your report! Even though I was there, I enjoy reading things from another perspective.

can't say I'd mind either, would save money on train fares lol :aah:

Yes it would. And in my case the chauffeur driven car (nay, limo with champagne and canapes :shun:) needs to pick me up at more like 3pm otherwise we'll be terribly late :aah:.

Can you (or anyone else who went) clear one thing up for me? You say Mika recorded some of the songs, Rain and BIOTG, but also did them live for the live show. So will we see the recorded version or the live version on Friday's show?? I am confused :dunno:.

I didn't see it either :boxed:.

Well I did. On Twitter, in other MFC threads and coming out in passive aggressive requests for mods to "come clean" about totally unrelated matters yet I fear stem from this situation.

But as Sarah says I'm not trying to turn this into an argument. I've had my say.

And Sarah, as Jazzy said this wasn't directed at you although I felt after a couple of comments in this thread it was a time to say something lest things continue down that road. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat.

Dead sea video?? did i miss this one?? *goes to look on youtube*

:doh: oh yeah, magic numbers :roftl: Im soooo blonde sometimes.

You are welcome to come to my lounge gig, it's next week. XD Well, it's next week if I get 480,000 points between now and then. :roftl:

I want that.

:mf_rosetinted:

You're not the only one!! But you don't act like you deserve it, which makes you a GOOD person! :biggrin2:

OMG i love it!!:roftl::roftl: And mika with wet hair :swoon::stretcher:

I know, it's all a bit much when you're not expecting it, hahah!

Anyway, after this long winded pre-report I will now post my impression of the night if anyone is interested :naughty:.

I think that I will do a separate post just to keep it shorter.

Of COURSE we're interested! And I don't think people are saying that everyone should make sure everyone knows about where Mika's going to be 24/7, it's just that a lot of the time (since I've been on here regularly at least) there are build up threads etc where people who are going get excited, people who didn't know and would be able to go can apply etc etc. Nobody's blaming the people who did go (and if they are then they need to shut the hell up) so don't feel like you need to defend yourself or anything. :thumb_yello:

Sara it's okay, I don't think anyone's angry, I just think some people are surprised we didn't mention it. Which of course we don't have to if we want to keep it to ourselves. It was hard though :aah: But wasn't it a nice surprise for everyone? "Oh look there's Mika...OH LOOK THERE'S MFCERS!!!" :biggrin2:

Sara I'd LOVE to hear your report! Even though I was there, I enjoy reading things from another perspective.

I know, it's just that when I started reading all the "why didn't anyone say anything?!" comments I got a bit worried at the direction that this was taking :naughty:.

Anyway will write it up now cause I am still all Mika :wub2: 'd up and can't contain it anyway :roftl:. And I LOVED what you wrote up to now.

Yes it would. And in my case the chauffeur driven car (nay, limo with champagne and canapes :shun:) needs to pick me up at more like 3pm otherwise we'll be terribly late :aah:.

Can you (or anyone else who went) clear one thing up for me? You say Mika recorded some of the songs, Rain and BIOTG, but also did them live for the live show. So will we see the recorded version or the live version on Friday's show?? I am confused :dunno:.

To be honest, I am personally not quite sure, but I guess that they will just add Pick Up OTF to the set that they showed yesterday?

Basically he sang Rain and BIOTG twice, and PUOTF once, so I guess that they will show the recorded ones (so not to repeat) and then PUOTF ...But I don't think that anyone really KNOWS :blink:. Or at least, I don't :biggrin2:

Well I did. On Twitter, in other MFC threads and coming out in passive aggressive requests for mods to "come clean" about totally unrelated matters yet I fear stem from this situation.

But as Sarah says I'm not trying to turn this into an argument. I've had my say.

And Sarah, as Jazzy said this wasn't directed at you although I felt after a couple of comments in this thread it was a time to say something lest things continue down that road. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat.

Oh really? :boxed:

Oh well. At least there were people there supporting Mika and representing the fan club. That's all that matters right?

I know, it's just that when I started reading all the "why didn't anyone say anything?!" comments I got a bit worried at the direction that this was taking :naughty:.

Anyway will write it up now cause I am still all Mika :wub2: 'd up and can't contain it anyway :roftl:. And I LOVED what you wrote up to now.

To be honest, I am personally not quite sure, but I guess that they will just add Pick Up OTF to the set that they showed yesterday?

Basically he sang Rain and BIOTG twice, and PUOTF once, so I guess that they will show the recorded ones (so not to repeat) and then PUOTF ...But I don't think that anyone really KNOWS :blink:. Or at least, I don't :biggrin2:

Fair do's. Ah it was a very special night :biggrin2: One of my favourite Mika nights EVER.

and I concur with that last bit...they'll probably mix the recorded version with the "live" version or something...

Good lord the acronym for Pick Up Off The Floor is worse than TBWKTM :aah:

I know :sneaky2:- Took me ages to type each time, ffs :roftl:.

Oh and Christine, I want to reiterate what you said earlier about seeing "your peeps" in places and feeling all warm and fuzzy. That is exactly how it feels to me when I see some of my mfc comrades in places, like New York last week for example :wub2:.

Oh Jazzy and thanks :flowers2:

Right, thanks. The reason I asked really was because on Rain I think it was, there seemed to be some sound problems going on. I wondered if that being the case on Friday they might show the other version of Rain that he recorded separately. But I guess we'll find out on Friday :biggrin2:.

And btw I would love to hear your report.

No worries christine, forgiven and forgotten:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Oh Jazzy and thanks :flowers2:

That's quite all right. :huglove: I always hate being made to feel guilty about something I've gone to, like the Bloomsbury Ballroom thread turned quite negative before the gig even happened and it spoiled it a little bit (until I got there of course) so I don't want anyone to feel like they should apologise for going somewhere.

It's all about love and hugs and music and lollipops and terrible dancing. (And fit lanky blokes, but whatever).

It's not about apologising to those people who don't manage to go to gigs/events because they're not in the right place or don't have enough money or have other committments.

To be honest, these people need to get over themselves because at the end of the day it IS just a gig, not a life saving operation that you desperately need, and everyone will get their turn eventually.

They will show the prerecorded one on Friday.

Will your report have the boiled sweet incident? LOL!!!

OMG I remembered something!!!

Mika blew his nose, and we looked to see if he inspected his tissue but he didn't LOL! And then he threw the tissue (TWO tissues, actually) behind his set of speakers or something, I hope there was a bin behind them! :aah::lmfao: