BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I was there too:mf_lustslow: Yes, Pick Up Off The Floor is AMAZING LIVE and Mika sang it playing a grand piano:wub2: Jools said all tracks sung tonight will be on Friday's version. Listening to PUOTF live was just :swoon::mf_lustslow::swoon::wub2:

GREAT! Can't wait for that!!

Can I just say that Gladys Knight is absolutely AMAZING? What a voice!

Yes she sounded great. I bet Mika enjoyed listening to her.

I loved the beginning of Rain. Loved the look on his face and the attitude he seemed to be projecting. As if he really was singing it to his ex, right then. (Wonder if they were watching?:teehee:)

I get what you ladies mean about the dancing in Rain. I don't mean to be awful, but I so hope Mika does not take that up. It looks to me like when you're in church and you have a "modern chorus" that has actions.

It would just freak me out too much.

1. Yes he does seem to embue the Rain lyrics with a certain emotion doesn't he :wink2:.

2. I am not a fan of the dancing either, I'm really not :aah:! But as it's Mika, he sort of gets away with anything doesn't he :teehee:. Aww. But what was that robot dancing all about. He looked like Peter Crouch (only shorter :aah:).

Yes she sounded great. I bet Mika enjoyed listening to her.

Yes he did, he was leaning on the piano watching her until people had to move him to do stuff with the piano lol. :aah:

Oh, and Saranayde didn't sing PUOTF, it was just Erika doing the backups. No idea why :dunno:

And other TV appearances, no doubt :thumb_yello:

And remember, tickets to the BBC are free!

I was watching it live last night and I thought I saw you and I was like 'is that Caz?' and then I saw you again and was like 'omg it's Caz!!' :roftl::roftl:

You looked like you were having a great time! And I could totally see Mika looking over to the group of you every so often. It was great. :aah:

I was watching it live last night and I thought I saw you and I was like 'is that Caz?' and then I saw you again and was like 'omg it's Caz!!' :roftl::roftl:

You looked like you were having a great time! And I could totally see Mika looking over to the group of you every so often. It was great. :aah:

Hahaha there's something so ... amazing about how recognisable I am lol :aah: I can't really describe it. It's just nice that people can point me out. It's like I feel even more part of the fan club, y'know? It's good to be recognised and for all the right reasons as well :aah: But people knowing who I am when I've not met them is pretty crazy :roftl:

Oh it was amazing! I preferred it than Paul O'Grady if I'm honest. Sure my feet hurt and there two bands I wasn't particularly THAT interested in but if I could relive either Paul or Jools, I'd take Jools. Especially since we had a GREAT spot and we practically treated as if we were VIP. Plus the interaction from Mika as well was just wonderful. He was really comfortable and at ease. When he spoke to us it didn't really feel like "popstar/fans", it was like he was on our level. Just a dude we know who sings. :aah:

You can see him clapping to us in our direction in BIOTG to tell us to keep going lol. And in the instrumental bit in the same song he smiles at us :wub2:

Your peeps? :naughty:

:huglove:

Yeah. :roftl:

I just think about everyone at the Christmas party or the London gigs or Palladium or Ross Copperman or any of the other things we've done and it's like...oh yes and then there was the pub night and Jools Holland. Even though I wasn't actually there it still feels like it. :naughty:

Yeah it really was great seeing you all at the show. I quite literally feel like I've been there myself when I see my peeps there.

I actually feel like he is smiling at me when he is smiling at MFC in the audience, and I don't even know those people so well :teehee: Well, I have met most of them a couple of times.

I can't stop watching Rain, I think it's incredible, wow! :wub2: And Pick up off the Floor has not been my favorite at all, but after what Jesterkevin wrote about it, I really can't wait to hear and see it!

Hahaha there's something so ... amazing about how recognisable I am lol :aah: I can't really describe it. It's just nice that people can point me out. It's like I feel even more part of the fan club, y'know? It's good to be recognised and for all the right reasons as well :aah: But people knowing who I am when I've not met them is pretty crazy :roftl:

Oh it was amazing! I preferred it than Paul O'Grady if I'm honest. Sure my feet hurt and there two bands I wasn't particularly THAT interested in but if I could relive either Paul or Jools, I'd take Jools. Especially since we had a GREAT spot and we practically treated as if we were VIP. Plus the interaction from Mika as well was just wonderful. He was really comfortable and at ease. When he spoke to us it didn't really feel like "popstar/fans", it was like he was on our level. Just a dude we know who sings. :aah:

You can see him clapping to us in our direction in BIOTG to tell us to keep going lol. And in the instrumental bit in the same song he smiles at us :wub2:

Well I suppose you're just a very easy to spot person! It did look properly fab and I'm glad there were a few of you there to cheer him on. I bet all the other bands/artists wish they had people there just for them. :teehee:

I suppose he wasn't really on a stage, he was just in his own little corner of the room so there wasn't a height divide, which always makes a difference. It's all just one big area with no barriers and that so it is a much more...I dunno, it doesn't place the artists up on pedestals, all the artists are on the same level and that level is the same as that of the audience. Does that make sense? Or am I reading too much into it? Hahaha.

I noticed him clapping at you and when he did it I started clapping as well, 150 miles away! :roftl::roftl:

Wow the sense of entitlement around never ceases to amaze me. If people wanted to know if getting tickets were possible why didn't they go investigate? :dunno:

There are people around here doing all the work - building relationships, putting in years of effort supporting Mika in tangible ways, doing research, making inquiries, etc. Others expect to have it handed to them on a silver platter simply because they post on a forum and pout when they don't get what all the other so-called "lucky" people get.

It's bad enough when this attitude gets thrown into the mods' faces but now regular members are supposed to answer to MFC as to what they do when they're off the forum just because it involves Mika? Does this actually seem reasonable to everyone?

Woah!! No need to jump down my throat. I was just saying i was a little bit disappointing that nothing was mentioned on the forum about this, that was all. I never said, Im a mfc therefore i deserve to get the tickets, or did i say that this isnt fair and only special people get tickets....etc etc. I was just like.."oh ok no one said anything". Anyway it doesn't matter anyway, and i don't want this whole thing to turn into bitter arguments like it has on other threads on this forum. So lets just let it be.

I think it's just that usually for stuff like this there's a thread saying 'get tickets for this show here' or whatever but this time it didn't happen so people are little disappointed, especially if they would have been able to make it.

I don't really see an 'I'm in the MFC thus I should be given tickets to this show purely because of that', not on this thread at least, just more of an 'oh, no one said anything', kind of feeling.

There will be other times on Jools, don't worry folks.

Thanks Laura :biggrin2:. You explain it better than me :).

And while I remember, I would just like to state my love for his poorly pronounced 'a perfect little life but ya blow it on a bottle o' wine'.

I love it when his voice goes all...Essexy.

(And remember, you can't spell 'Essexy' without 'sexy'. :naughty:)

Yeah. :roftl:

I just think about everyone at the Christmas party or the London gigs or Palladium or Ross Copperman or any of the other things we've done and it's like...oh yes and then there was the pub night and Jools Holland. Even though I wasn't actually there it still feels like it. :naughty:

I think it's good that you feel that way. I think a lot of us have managed to penetrate part of ourselves into other people :naughty: We do have good friendships on here.

Well I suppose you're just a very easy to spot person! It did look properly fab and I'm glad there were a few of you there to cheer him on. I bet all the other bands/artists wish they had people there just for them. :teehee:

I suppose he wasn't really on a stage, he was just in his own little corner of the room so there wasn't a height divide, which always makes a difference. It's all just one big area with no barriers and that so it is a much more...I dunno, it doesn't place the artists up on pedestals, all the artists are on the same level and that level is the same as that of the audience. Does that make sense? Or am I reading too much into it? Hahaha.

I noticed him clapping at you and when he did it I started clapping as well, 150 miles away! :roftl::roftl:

Yes I get what you mean. To be honest I think I preferred it to a gig. But I think that's because there was no pushing, no barriers, and had a good view :naughty:

And while I remember, I would just like to state my love for his poorly pronounced 'a perfect little life but ya blow it on a bottle o' wine'.

I love it when his voice goes all...Essexy.

(And remember, you can't spell 'Essexy' without 'sexy'. :naughty:)

Oh yes I loved that lol :naughty: It was like...lazy, but sexy lazy. :roftl:

Thanks Laura :biggrin2:. You explain it better than me :).

Well this attitude has been present before on here, but I don't really see it this time so I thought I'd say something. Perhaps Christine was pre-empting any such attitudes before they start turning the thread negative.

It REALLY irritates me when people do have the whole 'I'm MFC so I deserve yadda yadda yadda' so I can understand people getting irritated and maybe saying something a bit too strong a bit too soon.

Still, I don't think it was particularly directed at you Sarah, so don't worry. =]

Yes I get what you mean. To be honest I think I preferred it to a gig. But I think that's because there was no pushing, no barriers, and had a good view :naughty:

Yeah, to see him do a full set in that kind of setting would just be faint-worthy. :wub2:

Oh yes I loved that lol :naughty: It was like...lazy, but sexy lazy. :roftl:

Yeah, I love it when he drops his t's. I really hate properly common accents because they grate on my last nerve, (especially Lily Allen's mockney accent) but he can TOTALLY do it whenever he wants.

Yeah, to see him do a full set in that kind of setting would just be faint-worthy. :wub2:

Yeah, I love it when he drops his t's. I really hate properly common accents because they grate on my last nerve, (especially Lily Allen's mockney accent) but he can TOTALLY do it whenever he wants.

LOL, his accent changes frequently, some days he sounds more British than others, but my heart melts when it gets really British :naughty:

He sounds more common than I do LOL :aah:

Wow if he did a full set :wub2:that would be amazing. You hear about other artists playing really intermate gigs, to about 20 people. Now that would be......:mf_lustslow::wub2::wub2:. Something that only happens in dreams.

Well this attitude has been present before on here, but I don't really see it this time so I thought I'd say something. Perhaps Christine was pre-empting any such attitudes before they start turning the thread negative.

It REALLY irritates me when people do have the whole 'I'm MFC so I deserve yadda yadda yadda' so I can understand people getting irritated and maybe saying something a bit too strong a bit too soon.

Still, I don't think it was particularly directed at you Sarah, so don't worry. =]

I didn't see it either :boxed:.

I think it's great that some MFCers managed to get there. It was a surprise to see them, and one couldn't help but think 'oh, nobody mentioned it :blink:' but not in a bad way. Well not me anyway and I hope nobody else thinks that way.

LOL, his accent changes frequently, some days he sounds more British than others, but my heart melts when it gets really British :naughty:

He sounds more common than I do LOL :aah:

In the Dead Sea video last year when he says 'better f*ckin ope so!' I just died a little bit and played it again. Hahaha.

just to state the following cause i don't like ppl to think mods were involved: admins/mods were not officially informed that mfcers were attending the show.

ok? it was a private initiative.

i've had enough of suspects on me and my friends so far.

thanks.

any initiative that TM or universal or anyone else want to share with MFC will be delivered to you all as always.

and i'm most happy they were there, cause they know how to be great fans, and they fully interpreted their role! :thumb_yello:

Wow if he did a full set :wub2:that would be amazing. You hear about other artists playing really intermate gigs, to about 20 people. Now that would be......:mf_lustslow::wub2::wub2:. Something that only happens in dreams.

Or with enough magic numbers! :aah:

I didn't see it either :boxed:.

I think it's great that some MFCers managed to get there. It was a surprise to see them, and one couldn't help but think 'oh, nobody mentioned it :blink:' but not in a bad way. Well not me anyway and I hope nobody else thinks that way.

Yeah, I think it was more of a surprise that no one said anything because there's usually a lot of build up and more people probably could have gone if they'd known it was happening BUT I don't see people saying things that make it seem as though they expect someone to knock on their front door and say 'good morning! I'm here to inform you that Mika will be on Jools Holland on Friday evening, here are your VIP tickets and a car will be here at 6pm to pick you up, good day!'