BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

Well that is actually pretty impressive, I agree.

But I still loathe the video. Yes, I actually loathe it now.

"Loathe!" Wow!

That is pretty strong & interesting as it is having mass appeal already!

Hmmm?

You guys here that don't like it & "loathe" it have me really curious now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Loathe!" Wow!

That is pretty strong & interesting as it is having mass appeal already!

Hmmm?

You guys here that don't like it & "loathe" it have me really curious now.

When something bugs me, it's not a little bug that I can shrug off. It's a huge bug that's trying to eat me alive and I'm wrestling with it. It practically consumes me. Lemme copy and paste something...

lol like I said, I think the concept is done now. It's just doing it :roftl:

We need to come up with a scene by scene plan. :biggrin2:

That's the hardest part, getting it all planned. Shooting it's easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Honestly Sienna, this dancing is so simple. They're even doing SPRING BALLCHANGES, that's what 4 years olds do when learning their primary steps. Seriously. This dance is so easy it shouldn't be hard to perfect at all. And maybe they are good dancers, but it doesn't come to light with this choreography. Honestly, why on Earth would you mix Fosse type moves with 1960's rave? Seriously! It...just shouldn't happen.

And I agree that sometimes it doesn't *need* to look professional to look good, but when you're doing a music video you do kinda mean business, y'know? And it depends on the type of dance. This is quite a...well, I don't want to say technical because it's not difficult in the slightest, but it's just full of little moves. It COULD be technical and SHOULD have been.

The only thing I can compare it to is Kyle Minogue's dancing in "I Just Can't Get You Outta My Head." at 1:40

THAT's technical. THAT'S professional. THAT'S what it should have looked like and it just ended up looking like some sort of bad-try-too-hard-dance school.

It should have been about the small technical stuff, sharp movements, clean cut moves, patterns and slick timing. The dancing in BIOTG just wasn't slick.

In my opinion :dunno:

Well if Mika's happy with it, then he's happy with it. And there are plenty of fans happy with it too. I liked the *idea* of it and I have absolutely no problem with Mika's performance at all, in fact he was the only good thing in it (maybes besides that dodgy chair dance at the beginning) I just have massive issues with the dancing/dancers and the editing. And the overall look to be honest, because it could have been so much better. It just didn't reach its full potential in my eyes.

Okay well this is professional dancing. They're a Korean band called "DBSK" and they're amazing because they're so versatile. Please keep watching the video because the music changes it's style a few times. Plus, look at how they perform; they're neat, tidy, sharp, clean cut...they have very good spacial awareness and perfectly in time with each other. They work together.

I know you can't compare this dance to BIOTG because they're completely different styles. But it doesn't matter what style you do, whether it be urban, jazz, salsa, tap, ballet or contemporary...dancing is all about working together and creating a vision.

Like this other video for example (it's the dance shot version). It's nothing like BIOTG style or even the above video's style, but it's technical and just very clever. There are several people in this group and it's hard to co-ordinate dancers when there's quite a number sometimes, but just look at the patterning and the way it all joins together! Love or hate the dance, you have to admit that it's cleverly done. And watch the bit at 1:45 where they do a canon bit. The person in front has to know their timing PERFECTLY in order for it to sync well and it goes EXACTLY how a canon SHOULD go. The girls couldn't do it in BIOTG and they could look to see when it was their turn to move. The girls can't see what's going on behind them in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2WpUYuies

And these girls aren't even professionals.

and I just wanna learn this dance so badly lol :naughty:

I understand what you mean .... what if he wanted the video to look like a rehearsal for a show / deliberately wanted it to look more genuine, like a group of students creating choreography for the song?..:cool:

:teehee:

if he wanted it to look like a rehearsal then in my opinion, there should have been more "behind the scene" shots to get that message across clearer, or have people come on and do a bit of hair and makeup or whatever.

That pretty describes how frustrated I am :aah:

Really? I'll have to take a look :naughty:

Gotta link?

Yeah, she's a little too theatrical for me sometimes in her movements. I had finally gotten used to Saranayde, so I'm kind of sad she's not entirely performing with Mika anymore :huh:

I dunno, I didn't really like it when Saranayde was too much in your face either. I was glad she was getting a bit less in your face, and now he's got Erika and it will start all over again.

how on earth did you find it? link please?

http://www.myspace.com/immarock

And and and did you see his tweet about the theme being 1955 for the shows?

VINTAGE!!!!

That's the year my mum was born actually, so technically, it's not vintage, it's ancient. :naughty:

It's only called 1955 but it's probably the theme as well lol.

And same about the last sentence haha!

I dunno, I didn't really like it when Saranayde was too much in your face either. I was glad she was getting a bit less in your face, and now he's got Erika and it will start all over again.

http://www.myspace.com/immarock

OMGOMGOMGOMG she part Japanese, I'm in love with her.

It's the opposite effect on me, I didn't like Saranayde at first but grew to like her. Erika was an instant like for me.

It's only called 1955 but it's probably the theme as well lol.

And same about the last sentence haha!

I'm SO hoping we get that for the UK tour. And the European one. :teehee: I even tweeted him to ask him if it would be the same.

Ahhh excited!

Mika has just announce at MikaSounds on twitter that the anme of the North American Tour is 1955!

The BIOTG Vid fits in more & more.

It does, doesn't it!:wub2:

I knew Mika had a plan!:mf_rosetinted: A concept.

And and and did you see his tweet about the theme being 1955 for the shows?

VINTAGE!!!!

That's the year my mum was born actually, so technically, it's not vintage, it's ancient. :naughty:

Same year when my mom was born too :shocked::biggrin2:

We need to come up with a scene by scene plan. :biggrin2:

That's the hardest part, getting it all planned. Shooting it's easy peasy lemon squeezy.

getting people, the venue and the costumes and makeup right are also very hard :naughty:

getting people, the venue and the costumes and makeup right are also very hard :naughty:

Getting people will be less difficult than you imagine, you just have to look in the right places.

But you're right, getting the locations will be difficult. Hmmm...

Costumes and make up are also tricky.

Meh, we'll think of something.

Getting people will be less difficult than you imagine, you just have to look in the right places.

But you're right, getting the locations will be difficult. Hmmm...

Costumes and make up are also tricky.

Meh, we'll think of something.

agency? :aah:

Nooooo cos then you have to pay them, £80 a day!

You can put adverts up on extras websites and people will often do work for free, just so they can add it to their resumé.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooooohhh...

BUT CLOTHES AND HAIR AND MAKEUP DAMMIT :aah:

I'm not doing everyone's makeup, no way :aah:

this could take days because of the multiple time eras!

Maybe we should just pitch this idea to team mika so they can cough up the cash and we'll be directors :aah:

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOooooohhh...

BUT CLOTHES AND HAIR AND MAKEUP DAMMIT :aah:

I'm not doing everyone's makeup, no way :aah:

this could take days because of the multiple time eras!

Maybe we should just pitch this idea to team mika so they can cough up the cash and we'll be directors :aah:

Oh I WISH. Oh hai dere, Team Mika, can haz monies?

Costumes will be problematic for the multiple eras...maybe stick to one?

Oh I WISH. Oh hai dere, Team Mika, can haz monies?

Costumes will be problematic for the multiple eras...maybe stick to one?

LMFAO, you sound like one of those pictures on LOLCats or something :lmfao::lmfao:

okay we'll stick to one era haha :naughty:

LMFAO, you sound like one of those pictures on LOLCats or something :lmfao::lmfao:

okay we'll stick to one era haha :naughty:

Yeah, I do LOLchatting all throughout the day. It's a pretty bad habit actually.

So which era d'you wanna stick with? 20s, like we originally thought?

Yeah, I do LOLchatting all throughout the day. It's a pretty bad habit actually.

So which era d'you wanna stick with? 20s, like we originally thought?

20's is more classy, but what about the credit card? :dunno:

when the heck were credit cards even invented? *wikipedia's*

"The concept of using a card for purchases was described in 1887 by Edward Bellamy in his utopian novel Looking Backward. Bellamy used the term credit card eleven times in this novel.[20]

The modern credit card was the successor of a variety of merchant credit schemes. It was first used in the 1920s, in the United States, specifically to sell fuel to a growing number of automobile owners. In 1938 several companies started to accept each other's cards. Western Union had begun issuing charge cards to its frequent customers in 1921. Some charge cards were printed on paper card stock, but were easily counterfeited."

:woot_jump:

20's is more classy, but what about the credit card? :dunno:

when the heck were credit cards even invented? *wikipedia's*

Meh, we don't have to reference the credit card, not necessarily. It'll be B&W mostly anyway. :aah: