CHANGED DATE: Mika in Antwerp, Belgium at Sportpaleis

Christine

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to ask; I already ordered my tickets, but IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION? :shocked: Cause I'm 14 and I don't know whether or not I can get in while under 16 or 18 years! (Was nothing about it on the site of Sportpaleis, and if they don't let me in I'm gonna freakin' SUE THEM! :roftl:)

I really want to ask; I already ordered my tickets, but IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION? :shocked: Cause I'm 14 and I don't know whether or not I can get in while under 16 or 18 years! (Was nothing about it on the site of Sportpaleis, and if they don't let me in I'm gonna freakin' SUE THEM! :roftl:)

I've never heard of age restrictions for gigs in Belgium

And I've been gigging since I was 12, so you should be fine ;)

How great is that :boxed:

Now, on Mikasounds you pay 46.5 euro for the tickets, so I suppose those are the best standing places .. They should be :aah:

The Sportpaleis is a bit weird. You have the standing area downstairs, close to the stage (unless you're row 110 obviously). Behind (and a bit around) that area, you have the seats. And then you have a balcony with a seating and a standing area. It's quite high and removed from the rest.

I guess the 39 euro standing tickets are for the balcony.

I've never heard of age restrictions for gigs in Belgium

And I've been gigging since I was 12, so you should be fine ;)

Phew, I guess we're safe then :naughty: Just asked, because in the Netherlands, you can only enter certain venues when you are 16 years or older :sneaky2:

Thanks, that was quite a relief :teehee:

Don't worry you will get your tickets, I ordered tickets when I was 15 for Forest National and that was fine :roftl:

The Sportpaleis is a bit weird. You have the standing area downstairs, close to the stage (unless you're row 110 obviously). Behind (and a bit around) that area, you have the seats. And then you have a balcony with a seating and a standing area. It's quite high and removed from the rest.

I guess the 39 euro standing tickets are for the balcony.

Yeah, I saw people standing on the balcony recently, with the Clouseau-gigs I think .. Or I saw a balcony, let's put it that way, not sure if the people were standing or sitting, looked standing .. :wink2:

But I've heard another weird thing .. the car-parking-thing .. they have an own parking but that only opens at something like 7 PM? :boxed: So if you want to go early you have to park your car in the streets somewhere ..

Anyone that knows more about that?

Yeah, I saw people standing on the balcony recently, with the Clouseau-gigs I think .. Or I saw a balcony, let's put it that way, not sure if the people were standing or sitting, looked standing .. :wink2:

But I've heard another weird thing .. the car-parking-thing .. they have an own parking but that only opens at something like 7 PM? :boxed: So if you want to go early you have to park your car in the streets somewhere ..

I'm going to the Clouseau gig in Sportpaleis on Friday, I'll take a good look how everything is...

And about the parking, I've no idea, we always park our car somewhere else and go by tram, I believe it's included in the tickets from the Sportpaleis;

:thumb_yello: Thanks.

(and have fun :wink2:)

Park the car somewhere else and take the tram is an option, depending on how far it is and what's the last time that tram goes at night.

(in Amsterdam I didn't trust it going by tram on my own in the middle of the night.. not sure about Antwerp either .. never been there :boxed:)

They have their own parking lot just next to the venue, it's €5.

I don't know what time it opens, but last Sunday we got there at around 6PM and it was already opened and half full, so it definitely opens before 7PM. It looked quite complicated to park on the street of the venue, but if you go very early I guess there'll be parking place nearby.

Park the car somewhere else and take the tram is an option, depending on how far it is and what's the last time that tram goes at night.

(in Amsterdam I didn't trust it going by tram on my own in the middle of the night.. not sure about Antwerp either .. never been there :boxed:)

:)

this is interesting:

http://www.sportpaleis.be/nl/praktisch/wegwijzer/combiticket

http://www.sportpaleis.be/fr/pratique/accessibilite/combiticket

"Het Sportpaleis bouwde met De Lijn een evenementennet uit.

Wie niet in de regio Antwerpen woont, raden we aan om de auto te parkeren op één van de P+R-terreinen (zie verder) en ontspannen met de premetro naar onze zalen te komen.

De Lijn verzekert terugritten en overstapmogelijkheden tot een uur na het evenement, maar niet later dan 00.30 uur van zondag t/m donderdag; op vrijdag en zaterdag zijn er wel nog latere trams."

On Fridays some trams drive until 1.30, others are earlier, depending on where you park your car!

yesterday I went to a gig in Sportpaleis Antwerp;

we parked our car at Van Eeden on Linkeroever, that was for free after 7 o'clock pm, and then we could take tram 3 there (also for free with the sportpaleis ticket), and we were there in about 10 minutes. After the gig it was around 12 o'clock so we could easily go back by tram.

about the standing places; there are two types of standing places:

the cheapest ones are at the top. The other ones are in the middle where the stage will be. So I guess we will have these if you have tickets for standing places...

You have to be careful with parking in the streets near the Sportpaleis because you need a 'bewonerskaart' if not you might get fined. Not during the day, but probably around 7pm they start fining. (My english is a bit blurry, i'm tired :) ).

• 2 weeks later...
Does someone know if you can take a bus/tram from Antwerpen Centraal to the Sportpaleis?

If there is one, would it be free if you bought a ticket?

Yes, there is a tram, and it is free when you bought a ticket.

AND MY TICKET ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!!!! whoot whoot! :biggrin2:

Yes, there is a tram, and it is free when you bought a ticket.

AND MY TICKET ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!!!! whoot whoot! :biggrin2:

I'm so looking forward to this gig :woot_jump:

So do I ..... my god, so do I!!! :roftl:

me too :woot_jump: of course :naughty::wub2: Can't waaaait!

I'm coming, together with a lot of friends :)

We have standing places, in front of the stage. *excited* This is my first "big" concert! :roftl:

cool! I also have the standing places!! Maybe we'll see you there then! :wink2:

about the standing places; there are two types of standing places:

the cheapest ones are at the top. The other ones are in the middle where the stage will be. So I guess we will have these if you have tickets for standing places...

I asked Sandbag:

The tickets that we’ve sold as GA standing are actually category 1 and are general admission tickets (some seats and some standing on the floor).

not the balcony :wink2:

me too :woot_jump: of course :naughty::wub2: Can't waaaait!

me too!! :woot_jump:

I've asked to Sandbag when we'll receive the tickets, (I start to be impatient:teehee:) they answered to me that they'll receive them 3 weeks before the show and ship them asap... can't wait :biggrin2::teehee:

I asked Sandbag:

The tickets that we’ve sold as GA standing are actually category 1 and are general admission tickets (some seats and some standing on the floor).

not the balcony :wink2:

great! :D thanks :thumb_yello:

So, I just wrote down the dates I have to ask a day off from work .. already 9 days gone (I have around 20 days I can ask off during 1 year) :blink::roftl:

Now.. how are we all going?

I have the feeling I'm the only one that's going by car? :roftl:

@ Miss_lollipop54 : that Dan-pic in the middle of your sig, is that from the AB? (background looks like it is, but maybe I'm wrong :aah:)

So, I just wrote down the dates I have to ask a day off from work .. already 9 days gone (I have around 20 days I can ask off during 1 year) :blink::roftl:

Now.. how are we all going?

I have the feeling I'm the only one that's going by car? :roftl:

@ Miss_lollipop54 : that Dan-pic in the middle of your sig, is that from the AB? (background looks like it is, but maybe I'm wrong :aah:)

I'm going by car too! So I can drive to Amsterdam the day after ... :aah: