Christine

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hellooooo!

I'm very behind due to a hectic gig schedule over the last few weeks!

I'm off to Amsterdam THIS weekend!!:sneaky2: as well all booked up with a chum anyway for a weekend away.

I'm still hopeful to come on 7th May too!!:biggrin2:

Can someone please update me to save much scrolling! ( promise to keep up from here!)

Are we all to dress up as characters from Alice in Wonderland??

Do you have a list of who is what?

I'm sure i love dressing up!!!:teehee:

Hey highlander

Yes .. dressing up , not sure of the list .. Ingie is your best bet I thinks:thumb_yello:

Thats just for the gig date , not this weekend

Enjoy this weekend :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Yay! Awesome :boing: Found a way to convince your hubby then? :naughty:

yes - i think i just wore him down :bash::bash: and in the end he thought it would be an easier life just to let me go :roftl::thumb_yello:

now i need to sort out flights and somewhere to stay. its one thing going to a UK gig on my own but another thing completely going to another country on my own :shocked:

yes - i think i just wore him down :bash::bash: and in the end he thought it would be an easier life just to let me go :roftl::thumb_yello:

now i need to sort out flights and somewhere to stay. its one thing going to a UK gig on my own but another thing completely going to another country on my own :shocked:

Hey <waves>

A few of us are flying together and some hotel sharing , ask away if you need any help:thumb_yello:

Hey <waves>

A few of us are flying together and some hotel sharing , ask away if you need any help:thumb_yello:

all help appreciated (you wouldnt think i had given birth to 2 children - how pathetic am i, stressing about doing this alone haha)

When are people flying out/back? anyone coming from the south on the fri and coming back sat pm? and which hotel/s are people staying at?

anyone needing to share a room still? (though would prob prefer that to be with someone i have at least met :biggrin2:)

thanks for any help/signposting.... :thumb_yello:

all help appreciated (you wouldnt think i had given birth to 2 children - how pathetic am i, stressing about doing this alone haha)

When are people flying out/back? anyone coming from the south on the fri and coming back sat pm? and which hotel/s are people staying at?

anyone needing to share a room still? (though would prob prefer that to be with someone i have at least met :biggrin2:)

Well .. for the Northern mob .. leeds to dammy , out thursday back sunday :thumb_yello:

Not sure on hotels , but keep an eyes as the girls want somewhere:thumb_yello:

Thats a starter for you:biggrin2:

i'm also still wondering about the hotel. :teehee:

plus, those who are going to luxembourg the next day, do you know yet how you're getting there? is any of you going by car and has a spare place? if not, i'll book a train, would just be lots easier by car. :wink2: and cheaper, if we share the cost for fuel. if you're not driving in the night or if i have to take the train, i'll definitely need a hotel/hostel for that night though.

for the night from thursday to friday, i'd only book a hotel/hostel, if it's not much more than 20 euro - otherwise i'll take the night train, costs me 20 euro for a bed in the train (compared to a normal train ticket). :bleh: anyway, would love to know where everyone's staying, there are so many hotels/hostels in amsterdam and i'd prefer if i was at least in the same area as the rest of mfc. :wink2:

Well you're more than welcome to stay with me and Viv - I've got my DK Top 10 Amsterdam Book here and it's got a load of hotels in there so I'll have look at them online tonight and post up some links in here. :thumb_yello:

Well you're more than welcome to stay with me and Viv - I've got my DK Top 10 Amsterdam Book here and it's got a load of hotels in there so I'll have look at them online tonight and post up some links in here. :thumb_yello:

thank you :biggrin2:

Am still waiting for my friend to reply to me on fb (the one who lived there for 3yrs) so will let you know if she has any ideas

I am likely to be flying out either on thurs eve or early fri morning, and will be heading back on Sat late pm

thank you :biggrin2:

Am still waiting for my friend to reply to me on fb (the one who lived there for 3yrs) so will let you know if she has any ideas

I am likely to be flying out either on thurs eve or early fri morning, and will be heading back on Sat late pm

You might be better heading out on the Thursday evening - delays and whatnot on the friday might mess the whole lot up, and you'll be able to get a decent kip the night before the gig...I'm wishing I wasn't flying to Vienna at 6.40am on the day of the gig now, but still, can't be helped. :aah:

And this may be useful to some people. You can find hotels recommended by other travellers and they have a ranking going from 1 - 354. You can also adjust the price range on the left to suit your needs.

agree - think thurs eve would be better. just need to check flight availability/prices

You might be better heading out on the Thursday evening - delays and whatnot on the friday might mess the whole lot up, and you'll be able to get a decent kip the night before the gig...I'm wishing I wasn't flying to Vienna at 6.40am on the day of the gig now, but still, can't be helped. :aah:

And this may be useful to some people. You can find hotels recommended by other travellers and they have a ranking going from 1 - 354. You can also adjust the price range on the left to suit your needs.

agree - think thurs eve would be better. just need to check flight availability/prices

Skyscanner do flight comparisons...you might wanna check them and then go and book direct through the airline. :thumb_yello:

Sh*t, I've booked way too many flights this year. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Skyscanner do flight comparisons...you might wanna check them and then go and book direct through the airline. :thumb_yello:

Sh*t, I've booked way too many flights this year. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

my friend is coming too :thumb_yello:she has just messaged me to say she bought a ticket on the spur of the moment - has never been to a gig before, what a way to lose your concert virginity :biggrin2::biggrin2:lucky girl!

still happy to stay at the same place/close to where you are staying though :thumb_yello: but am less worried now if i end up booking somewhere else

Hellooooo!

I'm very behind due to a hectic gig schedule over the last few weeks!

I'm off to Amsterdam THIS weekend!!:sneaky2: as well all booked up with a chum anyway for a weekend away.

I'm still hopeful to come on 7th May too!!:biggrin2:

Can someone please update me to save much scrolling! ( promise to keep up from here!)

Are we all to dress up as characters from Alice in Wonderland??

Do you have a list of who is what?

I'm sure i love dressing up!!!:teehee:

You're going to dance on Monie's and Ingie's BIOTG-dance?

my friend is coming too :thumb_yello:she has just messaged me to say she bought a ticket on the spur of the moment - has never been to a gig before, what a way to lose your concert virginity :biggrin2::biggrin2:lucky girl!

still happy to stay at the same place/close to where you are staying though :thumb_yello: but am less worried now if i end up booking somewhere else

Yeah best not to be on your own. :thumb_yello: I'll let you know what we decide on...when we decide. :roftl: Gaaaah I well can't be arsed to look at hotels right now. Psssht.

<2 months today we will all be most tired :naughty: >

yahooo!!!

Can't wait, that is great news it is so soon!!!:biggrin2:

Hey highlander

Yes .. dressing up , not sure of the list .. Ingie is your best bet I thinks:thumb_yello:

Thats just for the gig date , not this weekend

Enjoy this weekend :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Thanks FD, are you going as highlander?? AYE?:teehee:

You're going to dance on Monie's and Ingie's BIOTG-dance?

Probably not dance but will go along and check it out!!

Meeting Monie on Friday tho ....are you about??

Yeah best not to be on your own. :thumb_yello: I'll let you know what we decide on...when we decide. :roftl: Gaaaah I well can't be arsed to look at hotels right now. Psssht.

Let me know hwere you are gonna be ...i'll probably only do a flying visit tho as there this weekend!!!:teehee:

Ingie...do you have a list of what peeps are dressing up as?

Thnaks xx:wub2:

I have booked flights and hotel this morning - coming early on Fri 7th (arrive 8am) and then flying back evening of Sat 8th. Staying here http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-1244-mercure-hotel-amsterdam-aan-de-amstel/index.shtml because good reviews, really reasonable room rate (£43 each for the 2 of us sharing) and because we are only staying one night we dont need to be in central Amsterdam (if staying longer then would have wanted to be more central for going out in the evenings when not at the gig)

I have booked flights and hotel this morning - coming early on Fri 7th (arrive 8am) and then flying back evening of Sat 8th. Staying here http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-1244-mercure-hotel-amsterdam-aan-de-amstel/index.shtml because good reviews, really reasonable room rate (£43 each for the 2 of us sharing) and because we are only staying one night we dont need to be in central Amsterdam (if staying longer then would have wanted to be more central for going out in the evenings when not at the gig)

They hire out boats! Sounds lush!!

I've been looking at the citizenM place or whatever it's called. That seems fairly all right and I think it's a bit more central, but it's still a fair old trot to the gig. I think most of the hotels are though, and there are trams and stuff like that.

I wanna rent a pedalo when I'm out there. Who's with me? Hahaha.

I've been looking at the citizenM place or whatever it's called. That seems fairly all right and I think it's a bit more central, but it's still a fair old trot to the gig. I think most of the hotels are though, and there are trams and stuff like that.

We have excelent public transport. The tube (line 51) stops right in front of the venue :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to meet you all!

i looked at the CitizenM place too - that was my 2nd choice. rooms looked small though and could only see doubles not twins (prefer a twin if i can get one) i might be wrong though and might just not have looked properly

We will have all day on the sat to sightsee :) as our flight is just before 7pm i think.

And hubby said he would give me £120 towards costs of this - i think its only costing me about £160 all in, bargain!

We have excelent public transport. The tube (line 51) stops right in front of the venue :thumb_yello:

Can't wait to meet you all!

Oh fabbb. I was checking out my guidebook to see what exactly was on offer transport wise. It says you shouldn't use the metro at night, is that true or is it just people being extra cautious?

I'm so excited about this gig, it's gonna be amazing. Meeting all the Dutch fans will be greeeeeat!

i looked at the CitizenM place too - that was my 2nd choice. rooms looked small though and could only see doubles not twins (prefer a twin if i can get one) i might be wrong though and might just not have looked properly

We will have all day on the sat to sightsee :) as our flight is just before 7pm i think.

And hubby said he would give me £120 towards costs of this - i think its only costing me about £160 all in, bargain!

You lucky thing! I need to find myself a husband with a credit card, they sound dead handy!

I could only see doubles on citizenM too, though they might do twins. I'm not too fussed if it's a double though, providing Viv doesn't fart all night. :naughty:

Oh fabbb. I was checking out my guidebook to see what exactly was on offer transport wise. It says you shouldn't use the metro at night, is that true or is it just people being extra cautious?

I'm so excited about this gig, it's gonna be amazing. Meeting all the Dutch fans will be greeeeeat!

You lucky thing! I need to find myself a husband with a credit card, they sound dead handy!

I could only see doubles on citizenM too, though they might do twins. I'm not too fussed if it's a double though, providing Viv doesn't fart all night. :naughty:

I think its allright to travel at night if you are in a group. I wouldn't feel safe alone.

thanx... how good/easy is the transport to/from the airport to the venue and the city centre? just looked for hotels and seems like the ones at the airport are the cheapest - i really can't affort 50 euro per night. :boxed: at the airport you get them for 20 euro.

and another one i found is in zaandam, seems to be a suburb of amsterdam, is that better or worse to reach than the airport?