CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

Aaah I'm so behind on Mika stuff, is there any news about this gig that I need to know?? My costume is gonna be awesomeeeee I'm gonna try out my makeup soon to make sure it will be truly scary and fabulous

i'll be the king of hearts. if i got it right, it's not taken! :)

Hah, you're my husband then! :aah:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great question :roftl::roftl:

We need someone to sleep through the gig:aah::roftl:

The mouse Alice meets when she just arrives in Wonderland, and she starts crying and the mouse almost drowns and Alice threatens to send her cat after it.

The Dormouse is at the Tea Party with the Hatter and the March Hare and is a little crazy, plus not just dressed as a mouse.

This is what the Dormouse looks like in the movie:

doormouse.jpg

Here it is from the book, in between the Hatter and the Hare:

The-Mad-Hatters-Tea-Party,-Illustration-From-Alices-Adventures-In-Wonderland,-By-Lewis-Carroll,-1865.jpg

The mouse is well...just an ordinary talking mouse:naughty:

:thumb_yello: was wondering the same....so...hmm. I guess I will just be the mouse then. I mean, I love sleeping...But don't wanna miss out on the entire gig :aah:

Tsssk, as if I would bring you as my chaperonne, I would only embarrass myself even more:roftl:

I think your chaperonne needs a chaperonne herself :naughty: .

Okay...I never dressed up for a MIKA gig, but this time i will. Thinking about my costume (a saw a very nice 'flowerhat') i came up with the following issue....

I was wondering how to deal with people behind me during the gig. Personally, i would be very irritating when there are people in front of me with hats and stuff and that i have to look through a wall of feathers, flowers, bunnyears etc.....So do you put things off during the gig or would you suggest not to wear anything on your head at all?

What are the experiences with this?

Good question Floor. My bunny ears aren't that big but I think I will wear it during the first song or so, and perhaps then take them off.

So Miek, we trust on you then to keep Mika with us as long as possible (you've got the spoon :naughty:).

How is the practising for the flash mob going, does everyone know it by head yet (did you manage to put the glasses on your head already Freddie :roftl:) :wink2:?

Edited by Monie

The mouse Alice meets when she just arrives in Wonderland, and she starts crying and the mouse almost drowns and Alice threatens to send her cat after it.

The Dormouse is at the Tea Party with the Hatter and the March Hare and is a little crazy, plus not just dressed as a mouse.

This is what the Dormouse looks like in the movie:

doormouse.jpg

Here it is from the book, in between the Hatter and the Hare:

The-Mad-Hatters-Tea-Party,-Illustration-From-Alices-Adventures-In-Wonderland,-By-Lewis-Carroll,-1865.jpg

The mouse is well...just an ordinary talking mouse:naughty:

Oooh.. that dormouse is so sweet..:wub2:

could I change my mind just one more time and be that one??:teehee:

How is the practising for the flash mob going, does everyone know it by head yet (did you manage to put the glasses on your head already Freddie :roftl:) :wink2:?

if i learn it now, i'll have forgotten it again til may. :teehee:

hmm, if sasje is the mouse, i could be the cat - i actually have a white cat mask. just wouldn't know what else to wear as a cat... :blink:

or is there a phoenix in alice by any chance? :roftl: (haven't worn that costume for quite a while... :naughty:). no? ok, can we please do a harry potter theme for another gig at some point then? :fisch::lmfao:

if i learn it now, i'll have forgotten it again til may. :teehee:

Same problem here... everytime when I'm waiting for my bus I'll try to remember the 'moves', but I can't! And when I see the video again I'm really ashamed (the aha effect); it isn't that difficult, my mind is just a sieve... Well I'll just practice the dance while we are queueing.

Edit: A question... we start with everything on the right, but at 2:10 we start on the left, is that correct?

hmm, if sasje is the mouse, i could be the cat - i actually have a white cat mask. just wouldn't know what else to wear as a cat... :blink:

or is there a phoenix in alice by any chance? :roftl: (haven't worn that costume for quite a while... :naughty:). no? ok, can we please do a harry potter theme for another gig at some point then? :fisch::lmfao:

There are two characters that actually looks like a phoenix:

- The jabberwocky; he is a bit meaner than a phoenix.

- The hawk from the red queen; in Tim Burtons Alice in wonderland, the hawk grabs Tweedledee and Tweedeledum... don't know if the hawk has a name.

Edit: I'm really curious how your costume looks like...

Edited by ~Wicky~

Mellody I love it :clap:

But you're right, it is difficult to let if fit into the Alice theme! It doesn't look like the Jabberwocky at all: your costume is to sweet!

Edited by ~Wicky~

need a password..:teehee:

Sorry: youngstrong

Could you open it?

Monie made this 'flash-mob dance' for the Mika concert in Amsterdam... the only thing is, that Mika doesn't sing 'Kick-ass' live at the concert. So the plan is to do the dance after the show...

Monie if I'm saying something wrong, you can correct it :teehee:

Edit: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22603&highlight=flash+mob+kick+ass

Edited by ~Wicky~

Could you open it?

Monie made this 'flash-mob dance' for the Mika concert in Amsterdam... the only thing is, that Mika doesn't sing 'Kick-ass' live at the concert. So the plan is to do the dance after the show...

Monie if I'm saying something wrong, you can correct it :teehee:

Yeah, could open it now, thanks..:biggrin2:

don't know if I can remember it though..:boxed:

@Melody: Awww.. brings back memories..:wub2: Munich, Zenith, 2,5 years ago..:wub2:

Mellody I love it :clap:

But you're right, it is difficult to let if fit into the Alice theme! It doesn't look like the Jabberwocky at all: your costume is to sweet!

well y'know it's the wonderland, this phoenix character is just invisible all the time, that's why no one knows it exists. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Could you open it?

we don't know yet whether he'll perform it. :wink2: i asked him, he said he doesn't know yet. so at least it isn't a "no". :biggrin2:

@Melody: Awww.. brings back memories..:wub2: Munich, Zenith, 2,5 years ago..:wub2:

:wub2:

though the queuing memories of 2 weeks ago were much better than 2007! :biggrin2: and the concert memories too - and for you i'm sure especially the aftershow memories. :biggrin2:

:wub2:

though the queuing memories of 2 weeks ago were much better than 2007! :biggrin2: and the concert memories too - and for you i'm sure especially the aftershow memories. :biggrin2:

At least a bit warmer as November..:naughty:

and yes, the aftershow memories were the best of course..:wub2: I don't think that will ever be better..:blush-anim-cl: or Leator can manage to bring a priest there somehow..:roftl:

Wow... a secret phoenix huh??:naughty: great idea..:roftl: who knows what else is hidden in Wonderland.. :bleh: