Mika in Düsseldorf, Germany at Philipshalle

Christine

Ohhh man, this new addiction is going to break the bank!!

I went to see him in Glasgow because it was close and he's cool....since then, I've got tickets to the Eden Project and to Germany (via Norway!!:shocked:) A fair way away from Glasgow!! LOL. Jeez, I hate flying....

Sooo worth it though!!:biggrin2::wub2:

Welcome to the club dear (just bought a ticket for Antwerp as well, already went to see him in London twice, going to this one and to Amsterdam and Pinkpop festival :bleh:).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arghhh! I'm totally freaking out now, I reserved my tickets from the philpshalle website and just got an email saying they were only reserved until the 12th of this month...I don't fly there until the 19th! They say I should pay by bank transfer and they'll send the tickets out to me, but what if they don't get here in time?! Ohhhh.....:shocked:

just wanted to remind you all of the "dresscode" we've decided on on the german forum, of course it's no must, but everyone is invited to join us if you want. :original: our dresscode for dusseldorf is sequins and glitter - on your clothes, in your face, whatever you want. :biggrin2: i guess some people will bring sequins and glue to the venue, so if you want a small last minute sequin make-up while queuing, there might be a chance for that too, just ask us. :wink2:

Arghhh! I'm totally freaking out now, I reserved my tickets from the philpshalle website and just got an email saying they were only reserved until the 12th of this month...I don't fly there until the 19th! They say I should pay by bank transfer and they'll send the tickets out to me, but what if they don't get here in time?! Ohhhh.....:shocked:

of course you'll never know for sure, but it's not very likely that it'll be sold out, so i don't think you have to worry. :wink2:

just wanted to remind you all of the "dresscode" we've decided on on the german forum, of course it's no must, but everyone is invited to join us if you want. :original: our dresscode for dusseldorf is sequins and glitter - on your clothes, in your face, whatever you want. :biggrin2: i guess some people will bring sequins and glue to the venue, so if you want a small last minute sequin make-up while queuing, there might be a chance for that too, just ask us. :wink2:

of course you'll never know for sure, but it's not very likely that it'll be sold out, so i don't think you have to worry. :wink2:

Oh!! That sounds fun! I'm in!:biggrin2: I likes glitter!

I think I'm okay for tickets now,phew! Panic over...for now!:teehee:

Do you mean the date is so close or was this an answer to my question if it is far away (the venue)? :roftl:

I just checked on http://www.vrr.de.

So first you need to take an S-Bahn or to the central train station (Düsseldorf Hbf), for example S1, S6, S11...And then take S6 direction Nippes or S1 direction Solingen Hbf and get off at the stop "Oberbilk S / Philipshalle".

Altogether it takes about 15-20 minutes.

Looking forwards to meeting you again :wink2:

edit: you can find the most suitable conncetion for you here http://www.vrr.de/en/fahrplanauskunft/index.html

Edited by mariposa

Does anyone know what the weather is going to be like? If it's sunny or not-snowy, I'll be able to go by car and things are fine. If not I'll have a problem because I neeeeeed to get home that night and I'm not sure if I can make it back to Cologne from Düsseldorf in time to get my last train from Cologne which would leave at (I think) 0.50 AM. :blink: Ah well, we'll see :dunno:.

Does anyone know what the weather is going to be like? If it's sunny or not-snowy, I'll be able to go by car and things are fine. If not I'll have a problem because I neeeeeed to get home that night and I'm not sure if I can make it back to Cologne from Düsseldorf in time to get my last train from Cologne which would leave at (I think) 0.50 AM. :blink: Ah well, we'll see :dunno:.

Well, from what it looks like here http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/wettervorhersage/16_tagesvorhersage/?id=DE0001855 there won't be any snow. It only says it's gonna be cloudy and from 5-9 degrees.

We have to wait a bit more to have a detailed wetaher forecast.

I just checked on http://www.vrr.de.

So first you need to take an S-Bahn or to the central train station (Düsseldorf Hbf), for example S1, S6, S11...And then take S6 direction Nippes or S1 direction Solingen Hbf and get off at the stop "Oberbilk S / Philipshalle".

Altogether it takes about 15-20 minutes.

Looking forwards to meeting you again :wink2:

edit: you can find the most suitable conncetion for you here http://www.vrr.de/en/fahrplanauskunft/index.html

Thank you so much :wub2: I saw there is a stop near Philipshalle, but I wasn't sure how to get there. I'm so glad to meet you again!!

Well, from what it looks like here http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/wettervorhersage/16_tagesvorhersage/?id=DE0001855 there won't be any snow. It only says it's gonna be cloudy and from 5-9 degrees.

We have to wait a bit more to have a detailed wetaher forecast.

5-9 degrees :wub2: that sounds so much better than the forecast they had a few days ago when it still said -2 to 5 degrees! :biggrin2: if it was up to me, they can go on like that. :naughty:

Is it easy to find a parking place?

Is there like a big car park of the hall itself? Or some independent car park-thing? Or is it somewhere in the streets and you have to park in front of the houses?

(I've read that there are around 1000 parking places, but it wasn't clear if there's a car park or that you just have to park in the streets :aah: ).

Is it easy to find a parking place?

Is there like a big car park of the hall itself? Or some independent car park-thing? Or is it somewhere in the streets and you have to park in front of the houses?

(I've read that there are around 1000 parking places, but it wasn't clear if there's a car park or that you just have to park in the streets :aah: ).

Don't worry about that, parking is pretty much ALL there is LOL :roftl: You have the venue, and they have their own (big) parking lot in front of it :thumb_yello: I'd rather worry about toilets, there are none :roftl:

Don't worry about that, parking is pretty much ALL there is LOL :roftl: You have the venue, and they have their own (big) parking lot in front of it :thumb_yello: I'd rather worry about toilets, there are none :roftl:

Oh, that's good :biggrin2:

Can you park there when you want? Because like with Antwerp it's only after 6 PM or something? (people told me, I'm not 100% sure).. Wich is pretty unhandy, since I doubt I'll be there after 6 PM or so :aah::roftl:

No toilets? Ok ... Good thing I have a trained bladder then :aah:

Oh, that's good :biggrin2:

Can you park there when you want? Because like with Antwerp it's only after 6 PM or something? (people told me, I'm not 100% sure).. Wich is pretty unhandy, since I doubt I'll be there after 6 PM or so :aah::roftl:

No toilets? Ok ... Good thing I have a trained bladder then :aah:

Yes! If it's still like in 2007, then it's open pretty early? I mean, back then we arrived somewhere at noon, and it was open, no problem :thumb_yello:

Yeah well it was very strange, perhaps there were some inside, not that I saw them :blink: + the Q-ing is outside so that won't make a difference. But there's nothing really close by you know? The closest was some bar/tavern type of thing, and it wasn't as close as you would like :naughty: + I don't think they'd appreciate lots of people coming in there... it pretty much sucks :teehee: Oh well, maybe it's different now?... :teehee:

Ok, thanks :biggrin2:

No I just have to test if my GPS will get me to the place :aah:

Do we already have an idea how late we'll arrive? (since there are no toilets maybe it's better not too early :naughty::aah:).