Mika in Basel, Switzerland at Jakobshalle

Christine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hej everyone:)

Long time since i've last visited mfc (shame on me:mf_rosetinted:)...how's everything going:)

I'm so happy to have received my three tickets for this gig in basel, soo much looking forward to it.:roftl:...

now what time do you think i should be there to get a good place to see?? i'd like to be in front, no matter how early i have to be there...

yeah i'm wondering too, how mad is the queuing gonna be in basel? :blink: i might have a free accomodation in stuttgart, so i'm wondering whether to go to basel already on march 31, or if it's enough if i arrive at the venue some time in the afternoon. was any of you at the 2007 gig in basel and can tell me what time queuing started there? i know it could be different now, but i'd like to get a general idea whether it's more like german gig queuing or more like french gig queuing... :fisch:

Hej everyone:)

Long time since i've last visited mfc (shame on me:mf_rosetinted:)...how's everything going:)

I'm so happy to have received my three tickets for this gig in basel, soo much looking forward to it.:roftl:...

now what time do you think i should be there to get a good place to see?? i'd like to be in front, no matter how early i have to be there...

Did you order your tickets with Sandbag?

As for the queuing, I have absolutely NO idea... I want to be first row too, as it's my first home gig:wub2:

hm, no, i ordered the tickets on ticketcorner...

i don't remember how queuing was at mika's switzerland gig in 2007, it wasn't to bad, and we could get a place in the third row or something like that. but now there will be MUCH more people, i'm sure, and so i have no idea when to be there. door opening's at 17:30 and the gig starts at 19:30...hmmmmmm.

So what's queuing like in Germany and France? Big differences?

hm, no, i ordered the tickets on ticketcorner...

i don't remember how queuing was at mika's switzerland gig in 2007, it wasn't to bad, and we could get a place in the third row or something like that. but now there will be MUCH more people, i'm sure, and so i have no idea when to be there. door opening's at 17:30 and the gig starts at 19:30...hmmmmmm.

So what's queuing like in Germany and France? Big differences?

never been to france for a mika gig, but from what i've heard and from what i've seen from the french fans in other countries, they're starting to queue very early. in germany in 2007 it was really relaxed, like in berlin i arrived at 6pm at the venue and was the first! :shocked: ok on the saturday gigs in germany this year it'll be different, but during the week i think no one will start queuing before 4pm or so. and as basel is during the week as well, of course i'd be happy if it was the same there - but then, the venue is much bigger than the german ones. :dunno:

• 1 month later...
support act for this gig: "the fires", europe's youngest rock'n'roll band: http://www.thefires.com/

i wonder whether he has a different support act for each country of the tour?! :blink: they're only doing this show, and in vienna it's also a band which is only doing that one show.

I think so. In Luxembourg it's also a band that is only doing this gig...

But so we get the chance to get to know many different bands - not bad either.

Will have a look at their ms now...

edit: just looking at their pics - OMG - they are soooooooooo young! wow!

I think so. In Luxembourg it's also a band that is only doing this gig...

But so we get the chance to get to know many different bands - not bad either.

Will have a look at their ms now...

edit: just looking at their pics - OMG - they are soooooooooo young! wow!

"angel at my table" seems tobe soooo young too(for luxembourg);don't know why the choose these "type" of band?

:teehee:

basel is sooooon ;)

edit:

for this band,the fires,it's seem to be good to see,i'm waiting for that ;)

http://www.thefires.com/index_e.html

see the titlle of their website:

europe's youngest rock'n'roll and blues band!

to have a good appreciation of their works,see the video of their first promo video clip("sound" on left,and last link)

Edited by FOUCHONNERET

Do you guys know when we'll receive our tickets?

it depends how people at the venue are organised... for example, i've received my ticket for Hamburg (march 23rd) a few weeks ago but only received a sending confirmation so far for wiesbaden (march 21 :aah:).

You will receive them for sure!!"(or have to take them at the venue if they're not fast enough) but it's quite difficult to say when.... :wink2:

it depends how people at the venue are organised... for example, i've received my ticket for Hamburg (march 23rd) a few weeks ago but only received a sending confirmation so far for wiesbaden (march 21 :aah:).

You will receive them for sure!!"(or have to take them at the venue if they're not fast enough) but it's quite difficult to say when.... :wink2:

I hate waiting.... And I know that some of my friend bought their ticket on ticketcorner or something and already have a printed thing in their hands!! Grml!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we all received it today...

It's not that bad considering we're only a few people from MFC going to this gig :wink2:

it would have been worse if it was in Paris or London :blink:

Hi,

I’m very sorry but we still haven’t received the Mika tickets for the show in Switzerland (Basel, St. Jakobshalle - 1st Apr 2010).

We’ve spoken to the promoter of the show and have decided that it’s now best to hold the tickets at the venue for each customer to collect on the night of the show, rather than risk them getting delayed in the post.

Please take your order confirmation e-mail and identification with you. The box office will open at 5pm.

We have to give the promoter the list of customer names on Monday and so if you need someone else to collect the tickets for you then please let us know before Monday.

We will refund the amount that we charged you for postage.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Helen@sandbag

i've also receive the answer of Sandbag, pffff:badmood:

@ Laura:Oh, yeh, i'm always alive, and i'll go to Basel :boing:

impatient to see all the MFC'ers

if the box office at the venue really opens at 5, like it says in their mail, it should be fine. don't mind at all in that case tbh, as it means that i'll get my 6,50 euro for shipping back. :bleh:

The tickets for this gig won't be shipped. :sad:

I've just received an email from Sandbag. :hair:

strange...for LYON,the inform me that i'll receive them by post in about 5 days....

so soyy about that fro basel,don't like collect it on the venue:sneaky2:

btw,it's in less than one week :mf_lustslow:

btw, mariposa and me have thought about a dresscode for the basel gig, if anyone wants to join, we want to "kick ass" by dressing up as superheroes! :biggrin2: i'll wear my cape from the blue star costume, and will make an eye mask out of sequins. mariposa wants to make some sort of mask too, like that green kick ass guy... and if i understood it correctly, graciosa also wants to join us, with at least a sequin eye mask. :biggrin2:

i've also receive the answer of Sandbag, pffff:badmood:

@ Laura:Oh, yeh, i'm always alive, and i'll go to Basel :boing:

impatient to see all the MFC'ers

I remember. :thumb_yello: I just have to send the confirmation to the hostel (you never know...).

PM me for the details, please. :wink2:

strange...for LYON,the inform me that i'll receive them by post in about 5 days....

so soyy about that fro basel,don't like collect it on the venue:sneaky2:

btw,it's in less than one week :mf_lustslow:

Well, at least we will get back the money we had paid for the shipping. :biggrin2: I hope so. :sneaky2:

btw, mariposa and me have thought about a dresscode for the basel gig, if anyone wants to join, we want to "kick ass" by dressing up as superheroes! :biggrin2: i'll wear my cape from the blue star costume, and will make an eye mask out of sequins. mariposa wants to make some sort of mask too, like that green kick ass guy... and if i understood it correctly, graciosa also wants to join us, with at least a sequin eye mask. :biggrin2:

oohh yes,you know i love wearing some dresscode ;)

btw,i have nothing about superheroes....i'll try to think aout it,cauz' i love it!!

but i'll arrive late,about 19h....

so,see you soon all!

Cool!!! antoher dressccode!!! I love it :naughty:

I'll try to find something super-hero related :thumb_yello:

btw, I have a question:

as it is the only swiss gig, I'm coming with 5 friends of mine who are over-excited at the idea of seeing Mika live again (they were with me at Paléo in 2008). We'll be at the venue around 11 p.m. (if they're no traffic jams on the way from Lausanne :sneaky2:). Will they be allowed to have numbers in the queue too even if they are not on MFC??? (I guess so isn't it?, but only wanted to ask to be sure... :blush-anim-cl:)