UK tour dates to be released 5th October ISH

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Belfast date has been added to Ticketmaster.

...but not Mikasounds, I suppose..

And is it General Admission?

EDIT: so... the day before Valentine's day...

Edited by suzie

Do you think that might be the case Jazzy?

From the little I have checked & read concerning the U.S. he is doing much better there this time.

I keep reading that critics & fans alike think that TBWKTM is a better album than LICM.

I do as well - which - for some reason took me by surprise.

I am also encouraged by the resurgence of LICM.

So far LICM is in the Top Ten Itunes charts in Luxembourg & Portugal.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that trend continue in other countries including my own I hope.

Now where the heck are the U.K. Tour Dates Mika????

I absolutely think that's the case. There was no one MAJOR in the music industry back in early 2007, so Mika was a phenomenon, but now we've got phenomenons everywhere we look - Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, David Guetta is massive at the moment, and apart from that, Madonna's back again, Kylie's touring North America and the whole industry is VASTLY different to what it was before. So rather than a breath of fresh air, Mika's now a gale force wind in amongst a hurricane of exciting and fresh artists.

The only chart that really matters these days is the download chart, because that's where you get a real sense of what people were listening to - after Alexandra Burke won X Factor last year and covered Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley fans started a campaign called 'The Jeff Factor' and everybody bought his version of the song on iTunes resulting in him being the Christmas #2. Granted, it didn't beat the X Factor single, but the amount of British Jeff Buckley fans compard to the amount of X Factor fans is nothing, so it was an incredible achievement based around the internet.

People are getting control of the music industry and talented artists are finally getting the recognition and sales figures they deserve. That doesn't mean that Mika's album's doing badly, it means that there are a lot of artists out there who are just as talented as him whereas before...hell, I can't even remember what was around before. I just have this massive blank in between Green Day's American Idiot album and LICM. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Sorry to turn this into an essay which may or may not make sense. I just kind of let my fingers play havoc with my keyboard. :naughty:

Belfast has been added to Ticketmaster

:shocked::shocked::shocked: For the 13th of Feb right?

Ahhh sh*t, I know whats going to happen here. The rest of the dates are going to come through sometime soon and the only one I can get to is going to be on the same night that I'm going to see Noel Fielding. :mf_rosetinted: because this ALWAYS happens.

:no:

:shocked::shocked::shocked: For the 13th of Feb right?

Ahhh sh*t, I know whats going to happen here. The rest of the dates are going to come through sometime soon and the only one I can get to is going to be on the same night that I'm going to see Noel Fielding. :mf_rosetinted: because this ALWAYS happens.

:no:

You're going to see Noel Fielding??? So cool! :biggrin2:

I hope the Dublin gig is added for a few days before Belfast.

You're going to see Noel Fielding??? So cool! :biggrin2:

I hope the Dublin gig is added for a few days before Belfast.

Yheah :naughty: pretty god damn excited about it, I got a horrible feeling that its going to be on the same night (the 11th) If there is one that I can go to on the 12th that would be amazing because I have that day off school :roftl: But I'm sure thats not going to happen, because nothing goes my way :sneaky2:

My mum would never go up there and pay for a hotel. I'll have to travel back home on Sunday as I'm back in uni on Monday morning.

Oh I see. Well I hope to God there will be a Dublin date announced more than anything!

It says the Belfast gig is to be in the Waterfront! :teehee:

What's the Waterfront like?

I could go to Belfast if I really had to, but for the trip/currency conversion etc involved I'd nearly rather just go to England and make a holiday of it!

It's really nice! Debbie and I went there to see Russell Brand earlier this year :naughty:

Belfast is a lonnng way from Cork, but, I might just be up for the journey once again :teehee:

It's really nice! Debbie and I went there to see Russell Brand earlier this year :naughty:

Belfast is a lonnng way from Cork, but, I might just be up for the journey once again :teehee:

It's 7.5 hours by bus. I recently did 4.5 hours on bus to see Tim Minchin in Dublin, and that was okay. How do you travel up? If my passport is sorted by then I may just fly up. I'd go if I had company, either going up or to look forward to when I got there.

But I'm still gonna pray for Dublin :teehee:

I absolutely think that's the case. There was no one MAJOR in the music industry back in early 2007, so Mika was a phenomenon, but now we've got phenomenons everywhere we look - Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, David Guetta is massive at the moment, and apart from that, Madonna's back again, Kylie's touring North America and the whole industry is VASTLY different to what it was before. So rather than a breath of fresh air, Mika's now a gale force wind in amongst a hurricane of exciting and fresh artists.

The only chart that really matters these days is the download chart, because that's where you get a real sense of what people were listening to - after Alexandra Burke won X Factor last year and covered Hallelujah, Jeff Buckley fans started a campaign called 'The Jeff Factor' and everybody bought his version of the song on iTunes resulting in him being the Christmas #2. Granted, it didn't beat the X Factor single, but the amount of British Jeff Buckley fans compard to the amount of X Factor fans is nothing, so it was an incredible achievement based around the internet.

People are getting control of the music industry and talented artists are finally getting the recognition and sales figures they deserve. That doesn't mean that Mika's album's doing badly, it means that there are a lot of artists out there who are just as talented as him whereas before...hell, I can't even remember what was around before. I just have this massive blank in between Green Day's American Idiot album and LICM. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Sorry to turn this into an essay which may or may not make sense. I just kind of let my fingers play havoc with my keyboard. :naughty:

No don't apologize.

I think the things that you are pointing out are quite valid.

I believe that Mika is somewhere in the frontrunners of the pack of these new & popular performance artists & good 'ole fashion Pop artists.

There is a change & resurgence in the pop market as well as a change in the music "business."

It all bodes well for Mika!

I like it that Mika has his head on straight about the American market & not becoming obsessed with it.

Though at the same time I think he is progressing quite well there.

It is an interesting time & it is full of changes & the results might be a benefit to Mika.

The next year should be quite fun to watch.

Me too:naughty:

I wanna book:roftl:

I'm only resisting because it's not offical yet...:teehee:

*wanders off to look at hotels*

Travelodge for £54 for a family room... this is getting more tempting by the minute!

Edited by Mikafish

It's 7.5 hours by bus. I recently did 4.5 hours on bus to see Tim Minchin in Dublin, and that was okay. How do you travel up? If my passport is sorted by then I may just fly up. I'd go if I had company, either going up or to look forward to when I got there.

But I'm still gonna pray for Dublin :teehee:

The last time I went by train and it was 7 hours, but I'm not sure I'd make that journey again because it was like 70euro even with a student travelcard! I think I'd get the bus at least part of the way if I was to do it again cos I hear you can get the bus from Cork to Dublin for 20euro!

We could travel together! I would definitely consider going to Belfast, even if we get a Dublin too!

Omg, The Waterfront?! :lmfao:

fingers crossed it's real. :teehee:

Yeah! :lmao: we should go and bother the staff in the Hilton and it would be January all over again! :roftl: