MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

dcdeb

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That made me shrug with excitment:aah:

I just realized I will spend a valentines day (sunday) in Dublin, city i barely know, all by myself as mum will only join me in the evening. Will be fun :aah:

There are lots of us 'all by ourselves' Will be fun :)

That made me shrug with excitment:aah:

I just realized I will spend a valentines day (sunday) in Dublin, city i barely know, all by myself as mum will only join me in the evening. Will be fun :aah:

Dublin is an amazing city, lots to see there. Best way to look around the city, is to get one of the bus tours. The Green and Yellow bus tour, is my favourite, each driver has their own way of telling the citys history, and you can get off at any of the stops at any time, and rejoin it whenever you want.

The Guinness Storehouse and Jamesons distillery are quite popular stops:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Dublin is an amazing city, lots to see there. Best way to look around the city, is to get one of the bus tours. The Green and Yellow bus tour, is my favourite, each driver has their own way of telling the citys history, and you can get off at any of the stops at any time, and rejoin it whenever you want.

The Guinness Storehouse and Jamesons distillery are quite popular stops:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I actually visited Jameson's Distillery yesterday. Didn't try any whiskey but as I smelt it, I was given a certificate along with everyone else in my tour group. :teehee:

Funniest thing is that I've been to Dublin several times, I just never managed to tour it. I might do what you said though.

:lmfao: I dont think Id be let into either of those :naughty:

I would like to know what kind of weather we can expect the 12-16 of February.

How cold/warm it usually is this time of the year.:wink2:

Well it's around 3-8 here now... and I remember that in Feb the first flowers tend to grow...so I suppose around 10C maybe? And there's ALWAYS a chance for rain, you can't predict that.

Well it's around 3-8 here now... and I remember that in Feb the first flowers tend to grow...so I suppose around 10C maybe? And there's ALWAYS a chance for rain, you can't predict that.

Thank you!:wub2:

For me from this snowy and cold country Sweden it sounds just great!:thumb_yello:

Springtime!:kachinga:

hmm, i remembered that from one of the early discussions in this thread, and looked at the weather forcast yesterday to see whether it's true - they predict about 0-2°C for the next 2 weeks, so, well, i wouldn't dress too lightly. :naughty: but i'll just look at the weather forecast again a few days before i'm leaving, to see what jacket i should take.

is it normally quite windy in dublin, or not so much? i know for example about germany that in hamburg it often feels much colder than in munich because of the wind, although it's about the same temperature.

hmm, i remembered that from one of the early discussions in this thread, and looked at the weather forcast yesterday to see whether it's true - they predict about 0-2°C for the next 2 weeks, so, well, i wouldn't dress too lightly. :naughty: but i'll just look at the weather forecast again a few days before i'm leaving, to see what jacket i should take.

is it normally quite windy in dublin, or not so much? i know for example about germany that in hamburg it often feels much colder than in munich because of the wind, although it's about the same temperature.

As a northern inhabitant I never dress lightly, we learn the hard way to never thrust the weather....:roftl:

Even in Madrid where it was, I don't know...+35 degrees Celsius? I was carrying my jacket around all the time!:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Hello,

I'm not brave enought to read all the messages but was wondering where people are statying ( I know some are staying in the Travelodge, other in hostels). I'm looking for a hotel at a short walking distance to the Olympia as I am on my own.

Was looking on google maps but gave me a hotel "close the venue" when it was actually really far so don't trust it.

Try the Eliza Lodge which is about 5 minutes walk from the Olympia http://www.dublinlodge.com/

It can be quite cold in Dublin basically all year around. I think maximum temperature is usually around 10-12C, so it's probably best to bring a jumper or a jacket with you.

It's also good to make sure that you have an umbrella, cos it rains a good bit.

I would like to know what kind of weather we can expect the 12-16 of February.

How cold/warm it usually is this time of the year.:wink2:

Not warm.

Wet or very wet.

This could be the thing to do if it's cold or wet.......

Green & Yellow. Will I remember that when faced with other colours? I'll jot it down ....

just thought I'd pop in and see how the preparations are going :naughty:

Are y'all getting excited?! (dang, I've been in Texas too long already haha)

I will certainly be thinking of you guys that day!!! :wub2:

xxx

Oh, yes, getting excited :)

I'll think of you, missing it in your own country.

Hi everybody !

I'm french, 20 years old & I'm coming to Mika show in Dublin on 15th february because his french tour won't begin before April ! So long for me ! I'm staying for two days and I've never come to Dublin . Can't wait to see Mika & visit the city ! Do you know what is the duration of the concert ? I hope it will be sunny but I'm scared about that ! HaHa .

See you soon !

Arthur :wink2:

Hi everybody !

I'm french, 20 years old & I'm coming to Mika show in Dublin on 15th february because his french tour won't begin before April ! So long for me ! I'm staying for two days and I've never come to Dublin . Can't wait to see Mika & visit the city ! Do you know what is the duration of the concert ? I hope it will be sunny but I'm scared about that ! HaHa .

See you soon !

I think the concert will be around the 2 hour mark or a little less than that. Not sure if it will be sunny so the best thing is to pack your umbrella and a sweater/coat. :wink2:

Hey guys! I thought I couldn't come to this gig anymore, I was supposed to be having an exam the next morning at 10am, I was so angry :sneaky2: But now I've just found out that it's been rescheduled so I can go again :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: haha, so I'm all delighted! I really didn't wanna miss Mika in Dublin. :biggrin2::punk:

Hi everybody !

See you soon !

Hi Arthur, that's really cool you're coming to Dublin for the gig! Hope you enjoy your stay :wink2: Chances are it won't be sunny :naughty: but you never know! We do get some random sunny days here! :bleh:

Hey guys! I thought I couldn't come to this gig anymore, I was supposed to be having an exam the next morning at 10am, I was so angry :sneaky2: But now I've just found out that it's been rescheduled so I can go again :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: haha, so I'm all delighted! I really didn't wanna miss Mika in Dublin. :biggrin2::punk:

Yay for re arranged exams!!! This gig is going to be one not to be missed I can feel it!!!! I'm flying out in exactly 2 weeks! Ekkkk! So excited!

Yay for re arranged exams!!! This gig is going to be one not to be missed I can feel it!!!! I'm flying out in exactly 2 weeks! Ekkkk! So excited!

:biggrin2: It'll be in no time now! And I had thought for the last few weeks that I wasn't going and now I find out that actually I can go I only have two weeks to wait! It's worked out kinda nice :naughty::teehee:

At what time is everybody going to start queuing?

I don't want to be there all alone sitting in the cold :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

You won't be alone.

If there isn't a queue, team up with me.

It could be jolly cold and/or jolly wet.