MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

dcdeb

At what time is everybody going to start queuing?

I don't want to be there all alone sitting in the cold :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl:

As soon as I drop my stuff at the hostel.

My plane gets in at 7.25am, so by the time I get through customs, and into town, probably after 9am.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not if no one else is!

I'd look a right Billy No Mates!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

We will get up at the hostel, get some breakfast and lunch to take with us and get queueing!:thumb_yello:

We is Wendy and me :thumb_yello::wub2:

Will be quite early probably!:mf_rosetinted:

We will get up at the hostel, get some breakfast and lunch to take with us and get queueing!:thumb_yello:

We is Wendy and me :thumb_yello::wub2:

Will be quite early probably!:mf_rosetinted:

Well, I should get to the hostel around 9, to drop my backpack off, then I'm all yours:naughty:

Well, I should get to the hostel around 9, to drop my backpack off, then I'm all yours:naughty:

:thumb_yello: I guess we will be there about the same time (if the supermarket is opened that early!!:wub2:

I guess we wont sleep very well the night before anyway:roftl:

You won't be alone.

If there isn't a queue, team up with me.

It could be jolly cold and/or jolly wet.

okey :aah::thumb_yello:

As soon as I drop my stuff at the hostel.

My plane gets in at 7.25am, so by the time I get through customs, and into town, probably after 9am.

9AM :shocked: :shocked:

and

You're arriving at 7:25AM :shocked: :shocked:

You're mad :roftl: :roftl:

I was thinking about queuing at 12pm :roftl:

But I see that people are going to be there early so I'm going to discuss it with my non MIKA-fan travel companions who are not going to the show. :biggrin2: Have to ask them if they are okay with it if I'm gone all day :teehee:

okey :aah::thumb_yello:

9AM :shocked: :shocked:

and

You're arriving at 7:25AM :shocked: :shocked:

You're mad :roftl: :roftl:

I was thinking about queuing at 12pm :roftl:

But I see that people are going to be there early so I'm going to discuss it with my non MIKA-fan travel companions who are not going to the show. :biggrin2: Have to ask them if they are okay with it if I'm gone all day :teehee:

Well I'm in the middle of dogsitting so I'm trying to limit the time I'm away, so the guy who is standing in for me, isn't inconvienced too much.

Hence why I'm coming on the day.

I'll see where everyone else is at when I get there, around 9, and go from there.

:thumb_yello: I guess we will be there about the same time (if the supermarket is opened that early!!:wub2:

I guess we wont sleep very well the night before anyway:roftl:

I think most shops are open about 8am.

Rose, I realised I don't have your mobile number!

Then I realised I need to check the roaming charges on my phone, don't want to have a huge bill! Lol!

I'm staying at the same Hotel as Ruth, I've bought a special portab;le vibrating alarm clock so I'll be up nice and early!

:naughty:

I think most shops are open about 8am.

Really? I've never shopped that early. What time do you have to check in for your flight if its arriving at 7:30?

I'm staying at the same Hotel as Ruth, I've bought a special portab;le vibrating alarm clock so I'll be up nice and early!

Hostel, my dear. You don't get a hotel room for 12 euros :naughty:

Vicky, doesn't your phone vibrate as an alarm?

Really? I've never shopped that early. What time do you have to check in for your flight if its arriving at 7:30?

Hostel, my dear. You don't get a hotel room for 12 euros :naughty

12 euros!!!Thats even cheaper than our hostel!!! :floor:

Probably 4am.

Not the first time I've had to do that, did it coming back from Munich.

Rose, I realised I don't have your mobile number!

Then I realised I need to check the roaming charges on my phone, don't want to have a huge bill! Lol!

My friend warned me not to use my internet, like I did in Paris. £200 bill that month!!!:shocked:

That's the same place as Kath, Blue and me are staying in isn't it?

can someone on here please enlighten me about the train system in ireland, especially northern ireland? i planned to go from belfast to dublin by train, but yesterday found out that there are many problems with that train line, lots of delays, engines catching fire, a bridge broke down last year, and stuff like that. is there really only this one line from belfast to dublin (enterprise, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_(train))?

for example, if i'm on the irish rail website, they show me connections for 10€ web fare, is that this line, or is it another one? that other website, translink, is quite chaotic imo, don't really find the info i need on there. are there really so many problems with that train line, would you recommend a bus instead? and which is the cheapest bus connection, do they have a website where i can book?

would be fab if someone could help me with those questions. :wink2: thanx. :flowers2:

OMG you guys will be frozen to the footpath if you start queuing so early:shocked:

This is DUBLIN in FEBRUARY.

I cannot imagine standing in one spot for 10 hours, in the cold.

You're all mental.:aah:

And the other thing is, it only encourages other nonMFC people to come even earlier than that...I think you should make your times on PM. In case there are lurkers....too late to change that now though....

OMG you guys will be frozen to the footpath if you start queuing so early:shocked:

This is DUBLIN in FEBRUARY.

I cannot imagine standing in one spot for 10 hours, in the cold.

You're all mental.:aah:

And the other thing is, it only encourages other nonMFC people to come even earlier than that...I think you should make your times on PM. In case there are lurkers....too late to change that now though....

Well nothings been set in stone yet, I don't think.

I'm only getting to the hostel for 9, if no ones ready, I'm having brekkie!:naughty:

Or at least a cuppa.

And most of us were at Brixton in 07, so we're kind of hardened to the weather, I know I am, from spending the winter driving around in a van with no heater!:roftl:

This is DUBLIN in FEBRUARY

Ha, we've done it in Canada in January. :fisch:

That said I agree with you. Why does anyone want to discuss this in public and make the queuing even worse?

Ha, we've done it in Canada in January. :fisch:

That said I agree with you. Why does anyone want to discuss this in public and make the queuing even worse?

To be honest, I don't think it matters whether we talk about it or not. We could all start going down there at 3pm, and someone will have got there at a stupid time, just to be at the front.

It's just the way things have got, can't see it changing.

can someone on here please enlighten me about the train system in ireland, especially northern ireland? i planned to go from belfast to dublin by train, but yesterday found out that there are many problems with that train line, lots of delays, engines catching fire, a bridge broke down last year, and stuff like that. is there really only this one line from belfast to dublin (enterprise, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_(train))?

for example, if i'm on the irish rail website, they show me connections for 10€ web fare, is that this line, or is it another one? that other website, translink, is quite chaotic imo, don't really find the info i need on there. are there really so many problems with that train line, would you recommend a bus instead? and which is the cheapest bus connection, do they have a website where i can book?

would be fab if someone could help me with those questions. :wink2: thanx. :flowers2:

Yeah this is the only line from Dublin to Belfast, where did you hear about all these delays and such? I have heard that there have been a lot of train delays on many routes lately, but nothing too severe, lets say about half hour delays, but I don't know too much really as I never take the train.

You can get a bus between Dublin and Belfast with Bus Eireann, here's the timetable http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1233051340-1.pdf but you can't book online, you have to just buy your ticket at the station, but they're never booked out or anything so you needn't worry about that. It costs 20.50 return for a student, not sure about adult fare but it will only be a few euro dearer! The bus is definitely a cheaper option!

Yeah this is the only line from Dublin to Belfast, where did you hear about all these delays and such? I have heard that there have been a lot of train delays on many routes lately, but nothing too severe, lets say about half hour delays, but I don't know too much really as I never take the train.

You can get a bus between Dublin and Belfast with Bus Eireann, here's the timetable http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1233051340-1.pdf but you can't book online, you have to just buy your ticket at the station, but they're never booked out or anything so you needn't worry about that. It costs 20.50 return for a student, not sure about adult fare but it will only be a few euro dearer! The bus is definitely a cheaper option!

don't remember where i read the original article where it said that the journey often takes rather 5 than 2,5 hours, might've been on some forum... anyway on the wikipedia article i posted, under "complaints", it also says there are lots of delays.

thanx for the bus link, looked it up, it's 15€ single fare, might do that. helped me a lot, so now i know i can just decide & book it all in belfast, without having to worry about it not being available anymore, or being too expensive. :biggrin2: thanx! :flowers2: