MIKA @ the O2 Academy, Sheffield

dcdeb

What do people think about meeting at the train station(about 5 mins away) early on in the day and doing queue shifts in pairs say... so people can walk around, get hot drinks and food and trips to the loo etc...

I know people like to think ahead, but I reckon we could sort this out later - say after Christmas? :roftl:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be able to get to this one til about 6ish cos I have lectures til 4.

He's not THAT popular in Sheffield is he? (She says hopefully). Anyway, it's a smallish venue, should be good from wherever I'm standing. Although I'll probably dive straight in asap and head straight through, no fussing with merch or loos or cloakrooms. :mf_rosetinted:

^^ I know just throwing out the idea

The venue is small... its lovely... He may not be that pupular in sheffield, but I people will be travelling from over yorkshire and the east midlands too... so quite a big area. for people in the east midlands its between Sheff, and brum and maybe manchester for the closest venue :)

^^ I know just throwing out the idea

The venue is small... its lovely... He may not be that pupular in sheffield, but I people will be travelling from over yorkshire and the east midlands too... so quite a big area. for people in the east midlands its between Sheff, and brum and maybe manchester for the closest venue :)

Well I will be travelling up the day before - but hoping not to have to start queueing too early :naughty:

hey

what time would you say i have to get there to get a good place to see?

its my first mika gig and i cant wait! lol

thanks

Well it's a fairly small venue so I don't think it'll be too bad wherever you are. I'm not rolling up til 6 cos I'm badass like that (and I have lectures :naughty:) but I'm hoping I should be able to get a fairly decent spot anyway.

I'm no expert, but perhaps an hour or two before the doors open, though I have no idea HOW close you wanna be.

hey

what time would you say i have to get there to get a good place to see?

its my first mika gig and i cant wait! lol

thanks

Hey Alex,

We're trying not to encourage majorly early queuing this time, it's Feb and likely to be cold and wet. I'm guessing I'll arrive about 2/3 pm to check on how the queue is going then find a coffee shop nearby!

Yep! I need to blame someone and you're nearest! :wink2::roftl:

Fair enough, I may end up employing the same tactic if my parents find out how many I'm going to. In which case it will be the dog's fault entirely. :roftl:

God I can imagine even in ten years time if they found out I went to seven they'd probably slap me. :teehee:

How many are you doing now you've added Leeds and Sheffield? I know you're at Glasgow and Newcastle...are you doing Manchester as well?

Fair enough, I may end up employing the same tactic if my parents find out how many I'm going to. In which case it will be the dog's fault entirely. :roftl:

God I can imagine even in ten years time if they found out I went to seven they'd probably slap me. :teehee:

How many are you doing now you've added Leeds and Sheffield? I know you're at Glasgow and Newcastle...are you doing Manchester as well?

So far...Dublin, Sheffiled, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Newcastle... So six, that's the same number as I did on the last tour I think, so it's not that bad. :naughty:

So far...Dublin, Sheffiled, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow and Newcastle... So six, that's the same number as I did on the last tour I think, so it's not that bad. :naughty:

Ah I bet Dublin's going to be massively good. I'd love to go to a gig there one day, but not this time around, maybe in a few years.

hey

never bought MIKA tickets before, i got them on his pre-sale at his website does any one know when they will be posted?

thanks

alex

You'll get an email sent out to you once they've been despatched. It probably won't be for a while yet though. You can track your order on the mikasounds website as well, but it won't say much until they've actually been despatched.

Hi everybody! Here is something I read in an old daily Star (saturday, September 12), in the page Daily Star forum dedicated to "text maniacs": it's from Pat, Sheffield:"I'm startin a petition 4 everyone who buys a Mika cd to be shot between the eyes... twice!"

It made me :shocked::badmood::mad3: This person must be :loco: and I want to :protest: and feel like :puke:

I did not know there were such people! It's only pop music!

gah some people :sneaky2::aah::shocked:

I shall already be in Sheffield on the day of the gig - I could do a sort of "queue forming" alert system by text :naughty:

haha good idea man good idea :D:wink2:

First Mika gig and don't know my way around Sheffield at all, as I usually go Birmingham but have college on that day lolz. Is it pretty easy from the train station to the venue? Lolz.

I'm dragging my boyfriend with me. :)

And I'd be up for queuing shifts, as I'm getting there pretty early. But we could sort that out as someone said before after Christmas...

• 3 weeks later...