Mikas Magic Numbers UK Issue

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Damn, I guess everyone else is validating their new points too. :dunno:

I'm afraid I got bored last night and came across my LICM CD, so I've entered most of my points now. I've knocked 21,292 of you down the ladder. Sorry Ruth! :teehee:

ah, so it's you the killer..? :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really wary whether to buy 3 tickets to Hammersmith now because of all these problems. If I buy them, my Dad and sister have said they will let me have their points but there is no point if I will be called a cheater by the moderators.

I am really wary whether to buy 3 tickets to Hammersmith now because of all these problems. If I buy them, my Dad and sister have said they will let me have their points but there is no point if I will be called a cheater by the moderators.

Why we would a mod call you a cheater sunshine ?

Its more important another MFCer is there :thumb_yello:

I think this will happen within reason , the cheating Im taking about is the potential for some to buy 1000's in tickets and sell them

I think this will happen within reason , the cheating Im taking about is the potential for some to buy 1000's in tickets and sell them

yes, it's what the complaints are about.

I wish I could drag the whole family to see mika (even regardless the points factor). :biggrin2: sadly it's not possible, not for now at least..

yes, it's what the complaints are about.

I wish I could drag the whole family to see mika (even regardless the points factor). :biggrin2: sadly it's not possible, not for now at least..

The sad thing about all this is that it will not be won by a huge % of our fan club , it will be won based on money , I think most points will come from tickets and SADLY .. I see most of the abuse or potential through the tickets

Ill still go for the signed goodies :wub2:

:blink:

I thought that you could only validate 1 code for each type of purchase (e.g. you can only validate LICM once, and only validate 1 code for one particular gig, even though you might have purchased 3 others for your friends.....)

...and I think in the terms and conditions there is also some vague reference to them checking if these rules have been kept before any big prize is given away...

That was my understanding but I might be wrong...

Point collection is not high on my agenda, so I never double-checked but it might be important for fans in the Top 20.

Edited by suzie

The sad thing about all this is that it will not be won by a huge % of our fan club , it will be won based on money , I think most points will come from tickets and SADLY .. I see most of the abuse or potential through the tickets

Ill still go for the signed goodies :wub2:

yes, you are right. and all the senseless posts on MS, just to rise points, even if those are not worth much. :blink:

he also told in milano how excited he was and how he hoped it'd work the way he wanted, but how complicated it was also to work out, as it was smt never tried before, according to his own words.

yes, you are right. and all the senseless posts on MS, just to rise points, even if those are not worth much. :blink:

he also told in milano how excited he was and how he hoped it'd work the way he wanted, but how complicated it was also to work out, as it was smt never tried before, according to his own words.

Its Mika you know? such a sweet and innocent intent , I really love the man , just its almost like a project and it needs some feasibility.

I mean .. posting just to get points is yuck , I wished the MFC had been involved and it was more "alive" with fans doing things at gigs , or member of the month.Sorry rambling .. the way to get points just seems to manic and breeds a system of hmmmm obsessivenss

Lets upload 1000 vidoes tonight for example :aah:

Its Mika you know? such a sweet and innocent intent , I really love the man , just its almost like a project and it needs some feasibility.

I mean .. posting just to get points is yuck , I wished the MFC had been involved and it was more "alive" with fans doing things at gigs , or member of the month.Sorry rambling .. the way to get points just seems to manic and breeds a system of hmmmm obsessivenss

Lets upload 1000 vidoes tonight for example :aah:

yeah the whole MS suffers still from the fact of being created officially as opposed to MFC which was and ina way, a very good way, still remains unofficial for its spirit, its energy and its spontaneity: I'm sure you get what I mean.

sometimes official initiative absorbs this spirit somehow on the way and becomes more independently alive, hope I made myself clear.

this doesn't seem the case of MS so far at least. it's more driven from the deus ex machina, if you know the expression.. :naughty:

yeah the whole MS suffers still from the fact of being created officially as opposed to MFC which was and ina way, a very good way, still remains unofficial for its spirit, its energy and its spontaneity: I'm sure you get what I mean.

sometimes official initiative absorbs this spirit somehow on the way and becomes more independently alive, hope I made myself clear.

this doesn't seem the case of MS so far at least. it's more driven from the the deus ex machina, if you know the expression.. :naughty:

Your quite right , case in point as you say was the forum they created and this beasty here .. totally different vibes on both . just one had an energy.

Sometimes you cant force these things , they just happen :biggrin2:

Ahhh ok.

I'll go if my employer actually sorts out my money. He never does. I work hard and it is difficult working beside A-levels.

Borrowing from my parents is the answer. :naughty:

Quote:

Who of you already has 100 000? If yes, whether that there were any problems?

I had a little over 100,000 points and was in 6th place when I was banned on November 2nd. And I didn't abuse the system by posting 20 smiley faces on one profile. I simply said "Hello" or "Welcome" to each person when they signed up. One time per profile. Sometimes the website would duplicate it but that was not my fault. I made points this way because I live in the middle of Montana and there is no way I could get points for videos or pictures of Mika. I purchased all I could purchase (I would have done this anyway in support of Mika) and saying "Hello" to everyone was the only way I could think of to make it fair to a fan who has no access to a Mika gig. I wasn't going to steal photos or video off the internet and post them as my own. I was trying to find a way to make points without doing something wrong.

It just sounds fishy that they didn't tell me anything until a week after I informed them that I had reached 100,000. And I had no access to my profile in order to tell anyone what happened. I may be paranoid, but I think they don't want anyone to know what they are doing. I think they will give away a couple of the larger prizes just to make it look legit and then ban most other people for some other vague rule that they just made up. And they will end the contest before anyone gets to 500,000. I am sure that Mika did not intend for the contest to go this way but I don't think he has much control over it anyway. I can't see him advocating the excommunication of someone from the Mikasounds community. That's very un-Mika like. Yes, take away my points if I did something wrong but banishment from the community....? A little extreme unless you are hiding something.

Everything in life happens for a reason and it is up to us to discover the good in every experience, even the bad ones. I met a girl from Germany in the Mikasounds community and we wrote briefly back and forth on the site. But I lost that communication when I was exiled. Luckily, I was able to get my email address to her and we have been emailing back and forth since. We have a lot in common including our love of Mika's music. Our friendship might not have developed if not for my being excommunicated from the community.

The "spamming" I was supposedly doing was saying "Hello" or "Welcome" to everyone who signed up. I went to each individual profile and said hello. If the profile contained information such as their name, I would say Hello (their name). It took a great deal of my time to do this.

So maybe that was also why I can't log in Mikasounds!!!:shocked:. However I didn't even got an answer from them nor I was called spammer. It's been more of a "silent treatment". No matter how many emails I have written to them asking why I can't log in and they simply ignore my emails.

I wrote them and re-wrote them, always very politely, and really wanting to know if I did something wrong or if there was a problem with my account. I also told them in several occasions that if they told me what I did wrong then I would make it up, but if I'm just keep in the blind then I don't know and I won't learn. Never mind, polite words don't seem to move them enough to write an answer.

I saw somebody there welcoming in every single new profile (maybe it was you Pandora)and as I was new myself I decided to do so too. I thought that if there wasn't nothing against it in the rules (which I always fulfill) then I could do just the same. My motivations were that I just registered there and had no points at all. Anyway, I did that just one day, I got very bored and thought that was not the way. And if I don't do something with some sort of sense then why would I do it? I mean, I feel comfortable here, but Mikasounds community ...I simply don't find the official site is a community. Almost every single activity (anyway don't take me too much into account as I could only be there 3 days) is just a "cry for points" if you know what I mean, there's no genuineness, many people comment there and duplicate messages just to collect more points, or write 2 words. I simply didn't want to become a part of that so I regretted doing in just after I did it. Besides, my only interest were the goodies (that I can't even remember now because I only looked at the list twice :() I can't even imagine to get high in the list when I know many people goes to a lot of concerts. I simply can't do this. And I'm not gonna buy just every single for the sake of it, dvds and cds are fine, but singles, not for me.

Well, I could never log in there from first days of November. I even got to validate some cds, now I would be able to validate a ticket to a concert, dvds, and merchandise because I like his music not because of the points. I got the ticket to Berlin and the merchandise after not being able to log in.

I think it's a shame, too, that they don't offer any sort of warning before imposing a ban. Obviously their guidelines for what counts as spamming are very vague and bordering on unfair.

Obviously I do agree.

I just went to Mika's profile and it is littered with garbage. It goes against the spirit of the whole loyalty scheme and Mika's intentions which he made perfectly clear.
i agree with the bolded part. they should warn people before blocking accounts. like, i'm always unsure what they'd see as "many similar pictures" when uploading photos. do they just mean screenshots of every nanosecond of a video? or are the pictures already too similar if i take 10 pictures of mika with different face expressions during one song at a gig? will i suddenly find my account blocked one day because of posting 50 or 60 pix i took during one gig?

maybe in this case it was more obvious, if you just posted smileys and stuff, and ppl reported your comments as inappropriate... but still, i agree they should warn people before they block accounts - early enough, and not only when they figured you were a "persistant spammer" (they must've been watching that for a while if they say so!). if someone still doesn't stop then, sure, they should block them! but not just like this. and not without any notice - can't they even write an e-mail to the person whose account they're blocking, so he/she knows?! as much as i hate spam on MS, but sorry, this non-existant communication sucks. :boxed:why do they call it community in the first place, if they aren't able to communicate?! :aah:

I didn't even got to his profile but I've seen so many places with garbage....screencaps repeated tons of times, in "nanoseconds" you called them, blurry and pixelated pictures. Also videos stolen and repeated all over again. And yes I tell you they exist. But it's not their fault, if they don't set up some rules then where's the limit?

I don't know if I would prefer to be called a persistant spammer or just to be left alone in the dark as I am, as if I don't exist, probably they see an email of me and send immediately to the trashcan :(

As I already said here...it's never too late to learn, and if there is something to learn then they would just tell me, I'm good at listening!

I just want to do what is fair.

Now the only thing I learned is I wont get into a community where there's no rules, where admins ignore your problems or questions, and of course where all I can see is an "unfair competition" - sorry if I offend some of you, I'm speaking in general not in particular. MFC is just genuine, sincere and comfortable. Yes, this seems to be my Mika-place :biggrin2:

Actually I find the red bolded part summarizes everything I think of Mikasounds :thumb_yello:

Sorry for the length of the message, but I'm a bit burned.

Quote:

No matter how many emails I have written to them asking why I can't log in and they simply ignore my emails.

I wrote them and re-wrote them, always very politely, and really wanting to know if I did something wrong or if there was a problem with my account. I also told them in several occasions that if they told me what I did wrong then I would make it up, but if I'm just keep in the blind then I don't know and I won't learn. Never mind, polite words don't seem to move them enough to write an answer.

Yes, that is the same thing that happened to me. From November 2nd until November 6th, I wrote at least three times a day...which sounds needy but it was really bothering me that I couldn't log in. I wanted to know WHY!

Here is how I found out. Earlier, I had problems with my Mikasounds profile in regards to the validation of points and I had a very, very nice person from Push Entertainment help me. And they always answered me promptly. So even though the problem with logging in wasn't a Push Entertainment problem but a Mikasounds problem, I still wrote him an email asking him if he could find out what the problem was. He wrote back right away and said that he would have someone from the technology team get in touch with me. Less than 5 minutes later, he wrote again and said this (his exact words, I still have the email)...

Hi

You have been banned for being a persistent spammer. There is nothing I can do to help

Sorry.

I'm not going to say his name because I hope he doesn't get in trouble for helping me. I don't think I would have ever found out if it hadn't have been for him. I know it was not his fault that I was "banned". But I know that no one from the Mikasounds website would have ever answered my emails. I would have just gone away which is what they want. I think it is terribly rude of them to not answer emails. The thing that bothers me is how it is going to reflect on Mika in the end? A casual fan who becomes angered at the management of the website would not have good things to say about Mika. Even though Mika is not the one doing it, he is represented by the website.

And I don't blame you for feeling upset about it...it doesn't feel good to be ignored and rejected.

i'm really wondering now how it is all organized there... i always thought the mikasounds team WAS push entertainment, but seems not. :blink:

does anyone have any idea how many ppl from how many different companies are involved in that website? :blink: that'd be really interesting.

i'm really wondering now how it is all organized there... i always thought the mikasounds team WAS push entertainment, but seems not.

does anyone have any idea how many ppl from how many different companies are involved in that website? that'd be really interesting.

I guess I don't know for sure. I just assumed they were different entities because of the email addresses. For website problems, I would email info@mikasounds and for problems with the point system, I would email Push Entertainment. So I guess I was under the impression that they were separate. And I have never received an answering email from Mikasounds but I have always received an answering email from Push Entertainment. This leads me to believe that they are separate as well.

It just sounds fishy that they didn't tell me anything until a week after I informed them that I had reached 100,000. And I had no access to my profile in order to tell anyone what happened. I may be paranoid, but I think they don't want anyone to know what they are doing. I think they will give away a couple of the larger prizes just to make it look legit and then ban most other people for some other vague rule that they just made up. And they will end the contest before anyone gets to 500,000.

I don't think it's quite as sinister as that. I don't think it's their intention to ban people in order to avoid giving away prizes. I think they have just unintentionally brought about this situation by not imposing strict and clear rules from the outset in order to discourage people from doing things that actually should not be allowed.

People shouldn't be able to get to 100,000 points by posting on Mikasounds IMO, even if their posts are legitimate. (Although honestly I don't know how posts can be legitimate if the person making them is only motivated by the promise of points rather than a desire to interact with other members.) It's a loyalty rewards program and, like any other, the people who receive the rewards should be customers and not only fans.

You don't get air miles because you love British Airways, you get them by flying on their planes. I realize that some people who are not in a position to go to many concerts feel this is "unfair" but if they wanted to ensure prizes were distributed in a "fair" manner, there would be no need for a loyalty program at all. Prizes would be handed out through random draws or some other unbiased process.

And it's not as if they don't offer random draws. You had the chance to win a meet and greet with Mika last month with no purchase at all. And as a member of MFC sometimes you don't even have to win anything. It's just given to those who participate in the community in the most unbiased way that is possible under the circumstances surrounding the perk.

I can't see him advocating the excommunication of someone from the Mikasounds community. That's very un-Mika like. Yes, take away my points if I did something wrong but banishment from the community....?

I think you are right about that. I don't think he'd like this situation at all. It's extreme, it's unnecessary and it demonstrates that the points program is often backfiring.

They need to be more proactive in monitoring what's happening on Mikasounds and how large numbers of points are being accumulated before accounts get to 100,000. I think they are waiting until that stage to investigate simply because it's easier to investigate a handful of accounts than it is to monitor thousands of them. I don't believe it's because they intend to reject all the winners for whatever arbitrary reason they can come up with.

That said I would also be a bit surprised if we see the top prize awarded but that has more to do with Mikasounds' history of not following through in the end than believing they had bad intentions from the start.

I guess I don't know for sure. I just assumed they were different entities because of the email addresses. For website problems, I would email info@mikasounds and for problems with the point system, I would email Push Entertainment. So I guess I was under the impression that they were separate. And I have never received an answering email from Mikasounds but I have always received an answering email from Push Entertainment. This leads me to believe that they are separate as well.

Pandora, do you suggest emailing Push entertainments or maybe they won't like people emailing them since Mikasounds never seem to answer and they won't like getting emails from another's entity problems?

I'm curious, maybe I'm a persistent spammer too and I don't even know! they could warn before blocking actually. I realized it wasn't the way too late I'm afraid. One (and only) day of mistakes means a block in a community, cool. I have only enjoyed Mikasounds community one day, oh joy! :boxed:

Pandora, do you suggest emailing Push entertainments or maybe they won't like people emailing them since Mikasounds never seem to answer and they won't like getting emails from another's entity problems?

I'm curious, maybe I'm a persistent spammer too and I don't even know! they could warn before blocking actually. I realized it wasn't the way too late I'm afraid. One (and only) day of mistakes means a block in a community, cool. I have only enjoyed Mikasounds community one day, oh joy! :boxed:

you can try. i was blocked for 3 weeks a while ago, although i never posted any spam.

you can try. i was blocked for 3 weeks a while ago, although i never posted any spam.

I have just opened a new account. Probably they'll block me as soon as they notice. Anyway I don't think I'm gonna be an active part of the community, I'll upload some videos, maybe some pics if they worth it, will validate my stuff but anything else.

I don't know where's the limit and I don't even want to approach it in any extent.

I don't care for the biggest prize, but would be lovely to get "the minor goodies" which for me are not "minor" because I do love them.