Mikas Magic Numbers UK Issue

FREDDIESDOUBLE

It's funny that it didn't matter that I was doing this in order to receive the smaller prizes...it was when I notified them that I had reached 100,000 points that, all of the sudden, I was a "spammer".

Ugh that's a shame. :boxed:

I think if they believe anyone is cheating they will disqualify them before claims are made on any of the 100,000+ prizes. But I think they should deal with it before that point because it's affecting the whole contest.

The top points getter is very suspicious IMO and it scares off others who are accumulating points legitimately because they know they can't compete.

I've got a lot of points myself but I haven't bothered inputting most of them because of these issues.

I'm glad you were at least able to sort out things with Sandbag. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a lot of points myself but I haven't bothered inputting most of them because of these issues.

You see Christine. I love you.

It's you, and people like you, not claiming your points or not getting them quickly, that let me get high up the leader board. I took a screen shot of my best postition and have watched myself drop lower and lower....

So I know I'll keep on falling, and that's OK because I was competing with no-one. But it was nice while it lasted :-))

You see Christine. I love you.

Ha, right back atcha. :wink2:

I have discovered since this competition started that there is nothing there that I really want for. I think these and other competitions are not even for dedicated MFCers really as we are often rewarded without all this scorekeeping.

I have discovered since this competition started that there is nothing there that I really want for. I think these and other competitions are not even for dedicated MFCers really as we are often rewarded without all this scorekeeping.

Aye.

Good point.

his plan is to give magic numbers for MFC posts (for those who haven't read about this, he told me once when i met him). tbh, i'm not sure they can realize it, but that's what mika would like to see

Yuck. No thanks, but I don't want to see this broken rewards scheme take over MFC. We go off topic on our own, thanks, without the prospect of a livingroom gig bribing people to post whatever random crap. :aah:

and in case anyone's wondering: i'm not even in the top 10 (ok i'm close, but not yet... :bleh:), although i really travel a lot & upload many pix+videos

I'm not in the top 10 either. I've spent a fair bit of money chasing Mika all over the planet, buying albums, merch, etc, and I'm still not in the running for the top two prizes. :dunno:

i knew that about the prizes like music+videos, which are not limited... but do we know for sure if it's also true for the limited prizes? if it is, then i'm wondering about that 150.000 points person, they would've gotten 2 of the big prizes by now but the mikasounds team still isn't sure whether they're cheating? :blink:

I wonder if they've actually given out those prizes yet. I guess if we don't know who the leader is, we have no idea if he/she/they actually got a video message.

don't think it'll be forbidden to invite other fans... maybe just because you like them and not because they gave you their points... :naughty: and if it's really "just family", then i'd become a polygamic lesbian for that evening, lol! :lmao:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Best quote ever. Soo... how YOU doing? :das:

I figured it out and I knew that there was no way anyone could get to 500,000 points unless they spent tons of cash. But I thought if I worked on it and said Hello or Welcome to everyone in the Mikasounds community that I could make a few points. Somedays I would spend hours on the site because I did it one profile at a time. I made a lot of friends and had lots of comments on my site. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by being friendly.

I think it's a shame, too, that they don't offer any sort of warning before imposing a ban. Obviously their guidelines for what counts as spamming are very vague and bordering on unfair.

But this is exactly the idea. If you value him so much that you purchase his music (rather than downloading it for free) and go to many of his gigs, he feels obliged to pay you back / honour your efforts by giving you a free private gig... There is nothing wrong with that.

Yup, obviously the whole point is to get people to spend money on Mika's career. Success is measured in cash, and the more merch/tickets/CDs Mika sells, the happier the label will be with him. So it's great to sit at home and love Mika with all your heart and then some, but the label doesn't particularly care. :naughty:

I have a feeling that if anyone gets close enough to 500,000 points they will discontinue the contest. According to the rules, they have the right to cancel at anytime. So I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen as well.

I think it is possible that no one will ever get any prizes :roftl: We all know how things work in Mika world :wink2

That's what I think. I hate to be a downer, but until we hear of someone actually receiving any of the 100,000+ prizes, I'm going to be skeptical about the whole thing. :insane:

Yes I agree, it's more a matter of paying attention to where he is going to show up!:wink2:

Stockholm 1 October is forever one of the sweetest Mika memories for me. :wub2:

No points needed!:teehee:

That's what I think. I hate to be a downer, but until we hear of someone actually receiving any of the 100,000+ prizes, I'm going to be skeptical about the whole thing. :insane:

I wrote to them with my concerns about the leader (from my lowly position of 65th at the time) and they wrote back :"we are not stupid" so I guess we have to believe that, and trust that whoever is going to ever get a 100,000+ prize is going to be thoroughly investigated first:mf_rosetinted:

Yes I agree, it's more a matter of paying attention to where he is going to show up!:wink2:

Stockholm 1 October is forever one of the sweetest Mika memories for me. :wub2:

No points needed!:teehee:

Yes I've had experiences that no magic points will ever buy and the idea of Mika having to "perform" for me by making a video, hosting a champagne meet and greet or a private gig makes me uncomfortable. I'd rather things happen spontaneously and I get a chance to see him because he's up for spending time with fans and not because he's obligated.

I'm not saying it's a hardship for him or anything, but it wouldn't mean as much to me to only get something because I won a contest.

I wrote to them with my concerns about the leader (from my lowly position of 65th at the time) and they wrote back :"we are not stupid" so I guess we have to believe that, and trust that whoever is going to ever get a 100,000+ prize is going to be thoroughly investigated first:mf_rosetinted:

Yes I'm sure they will but it's too little too late as far as the fans are concerned. It's unfair to people like Pandora who are not aware that they are breaking these vague rules and it discourages the rest of the competitors to see accounts in the top spots that shouldn't be there.

I mean if people like me, Mana, Mellody et al are not even in the top 10 then what does that say about the accounts that are in the top 10?

Whats always got me is this .. Mika will go to 5 persons homes and play for them ...

I mean .. logistically its NUTS , they could live in a flat , have a mad dog trying to bite his leg off , live in a real den of nastiness , be a mad crazy stalker and try to kill him locking the doors etc etc etc etc

Really ..... its so icky :roftl:

Whats always got me is this .. Mika will go to 5 persons homes and play for them ...

I mean .. logistically its NUTS , they could live in a flat , have a mad dog trying to bite his leg off , live in a real den of nastiness , be a mad crazy stalker and try to kill him locking the doors etc etc etc etc

Really ..... its so icky :roftl:

:roftl: well, i'm sure they'd organize this, like, sending someone there first to see whether the flat/house is suitable for a gig... or just renting a small club for it in the first place... iirc it doesn't say living room gig on the site, but just private gig. :bleh:

as a matter of fact I got finally the email with points for my london mika tick. thanks, fred for your help with this. :thumb_yello:

as for the living room gig: we did have one in milano on monday. :wub2:

I'd o.c. love to have mika all for myself and my family: not sure how comfy it'd be to play in my living room, as it's not THAT enormous.. :naughty:

and I agree the things that money can't buy are the most precious, and we have had plenty here on MFC. :blush-anim-cl:

Hmmppttttt did it not say living room? :sneaky2:

<hopes dashed and crushed>

Mika has said living room, but the terms and conditions just say "private acoustic set." It doesn't even say Mika will come to the winner's city, I don't think; maybe this private set involves getting yourself to London first. :roftl:

Mika has said living room, but the terms and conditions just say "private acoustic set." It doesn't even say Mika will come to the winner's city, I don't think; maybe this private set involves getting yourself to London first. :roftl:

actually i think it was sara who brought up the term "living room gig", and mika just repeated it and agreed, iirc... :naughty:

but if you get all the prizes anyway without losing points, you can talk with him about it during your champagne m+g! :roftl:

I mean .. logistically its NUTS , they could live in a flat , have a mad dog trying to bite his leg off...

Crap, that shoots down my place on both points. :roftl:

actually i think it was sara who brought up the term "living room gig", and mika just repeated it and agreed, iirc... :naughty:

but if you get all the prizes anyway without losing points, you can talk with him about it during your champagne m+g! :roftl:

Yeah, Sara was joking about a living room gig in Milan, and he said "yes, one!" or something. But then the terms and conditions also say not one, but five. :roftl:

He also mentioned the living room gig on one of the zillion radio interviews he did over the summer. I like your idea though, talk to him about the gig at the champagne m&g. Now I just need to get enough points, win the m&g, and inform him that my livingroom is in fact here. :mf_rosetinted:

borabora_lemeridien_waterbungalow_01.jpg

Yeah, Sara was joking about a living room gig in Milan, and he said "yes, one!" or something. But then the terms and conditions also say not one, but five. :roftl:

hm, probably not the best sign, that no one has told him about that... :lmao:

He also mentioned the living room gig on one of the zillion radio interviews he did over the summer. I like your idea though, talk to him about the gig at the champagne m&g. Now I just need to get enough points, win the m&g, and inform him that my livingroom is in fact here. :mf_rosetinted:

borabora_lemeridien_waterbungalow_01.jpg

ooh, i like that! :wub2: and if they don't pay for the travelling, you wouldn't even have to worry about who to invite and who not, because not many would actually fly there. :naughty: decadents gig... :das:

Was listening to old interviews today, and came across this tidbit about the Magic Numbers that Mika told Jo Whiley back in July:

"I have so many really faithful, really cool people who are always on forums, and come to all the shows and stuff. We've been doing these little acoustic gigs and they've been travelling around the world. So I wanted to come up with a system that would track everything, and reward you for what you do... the ultimate reward is a gig with me in your livingroom."

So while the implementation isn't the greatest, his heart was clearly in the right place. :wub2:

"I have so many really faithful, really cool people who are always on forums, and come to all the shows and stuff. We've been doing these little acoustic gigs and they've been travelling around the world. So I wanted to come up with a system that would track everything, and reward you for what you do... the ultimate reward is a gig with me in your livingroom."

Yeah too bad no one travelling around on the acoustic tour seems to be getting these impossible number of points. :aah:

I just went to Mika's profile and it is littered with garbage. It goes against the spirit of the whole loyalty scheme and Mika's intentions which he made perfectly clear.

I validated my newly arrived points and I'm not 4 positions lower than I was before.. :blink: there's smt wrong with this.. :sneaky2:

Damn, I guess everyone else is validating their new points too. :dunno:

I'm afraid I got bored last night and came across my LICM CD, so I've entered most of my points now. I've knocked 21,292 of you down the ladder. Sorry Ruth! :teehee: