2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

Same! :shocked:

They are...lame! :hair:

I shouldn't hve screamed so loud at the beginning when he took off his astronaut suit, :teehee::fisch:

Yeah, I could tell a loooot of people there weren't really ... mika fans, just sorta a random concert they went to for fun. Well, if they weren't fans to begin with they certainly are now! :fangurl:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't hve screamed so loud at the beginning when he took off his astronaut suit, :teehee::fisch:

Yeah, I could tell a loooot of people there weren't really ... mika fans, just sorta a random concert they went to for fun. Well, if they weren't fans to begin with they certainly are now! :fangurl:

It was worth it. :naughty:

They should be now. That concert was amazing.

I swear to god, it felt like it was over so fast. :(

Ditto! I used all of my voice i could muster up for every single song, then BIOTG i just had to use more than what I had left, :roftl:

I looked behind me and some people weren't doing it, :mad3:

Why didn't you kill them, babe? :smoke:

Ok, ok The colours and lights I did see were amazing, but I missed all the start. I'm in a wheelchair, and this venue said they had wheelchair seating. I'm so tired of reading on ticketmaster that they are wheelchair accessible. Yes a wheelchair can get in, but can they move through the crowd to go pee safely and return to their original spot safely? I don't think so. What I did hear was amazing, but the curtains being somewhat closed at the front totally hid all the beginning. We could never see him when he went back to play at the piano. I'm sorry before being in the wheelchair I was an avid concert goer and don't want to stop because I'm in a wheelchair. Disabled people should be able to do things a regular person does, whatever a regular person is. He sounded so AMAZING, I wish I could of seen it fully.

GAHHHHHHH okay!

i'm still trying to get over the fact that I FINALLY HAD MY MIKA MOMENT!! !

I'm actually still pretty speachless about everything that happened on monday!! ! Soooo a basic summary of my day would be: Throwing a tantrum for being "late" to line up for the concert, arriving and being REALLY cold and shy, dancing around and blasting all of Mika's songs on my ipod dock, T&T asian market was... different, standing around in the cold and trying to pass the time, Making new friends and meeting some for the first time, LOL chillin with the teen of MFC toronto was awesome!! **iadoremika, Mika4Life13 nd DylanM :biggrin2: **, show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more) in a lifetime opportunity of performing on stage with Mika, sooo there was lot's of hyperventilating, shaking and freak outs, until finally we were shown to our dressing room in which zoots and i shared with Cherise and Erika!! ! Mrs. Penniman came in to give us our costumes.. THEY WERE HUGE!! ! but we still manage to pull it off! :thumb_yello: Ahhhhhh I would be talking to Cherise and Erika and practising the dance infront of a mirror and every few minutes Mika would walk into the room all happy and smiling nd i would run into the washroom for a few minutes to catch my breathe again! :teehee: Hearing the Band do their warm-ps and harmonize before the show was BEAUTIFUL!! ! IT HONESTLY BLEW MY MIND!! ! OMG and when Mika caught me dancing all silly infront of the mirror.. he spun me around, smiled and looked deeply in my eyes and :mf_lustslow: LOL he did my face paint!! ! I couldn't breeathe!! ! :aah: I STILL HAVE HIS SCENT ON MY SCARF!! ! :roftl: Finally, I remember being behind the stage as the concert started and MIKA singing the beginning melody to "Relax" right beside me!! ! :aah: At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo :shocked: i completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! ! I WA SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! ! Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

:naughty: I can just smell the excitement from this post.

This tour sounds goooood! :teehee:

The girl to the right of me was trying to tell me Saranayde was on stage.

That wasn't her. :teehee:

Ok, ok The colours and lights I did see were amazing, but I missed all the start. I'm in a wheelchair, and this venue said they had wheelchair seating. I'm so tired of reading on ticketmaster that they are wheelchair accessible. Yes a wheelchair can get in, but can they move through the crowd to go pee safely and return to their original spot safely? I don't think so. What I did hear was amazing, but the curtains being somewhat closed at the front totally hid all the beginning. We could never see him when he went back to play at the piano. I'm sorry before being in the wheelchair I was an avid concert goer and don't want to stop because I'm in a wheelchair. Disabled people should be able to do things a regular person does, whatever a regular person is. He sounded so AMAZING, I wish I could of seen it fully.

You're Au's friend, aren't you?

It's too bad you couldn't see anything too well. :emot-sad: Hopefully some Youtube vids will make you feel better about the whole thing. :wub2:

It was worth it. :naughty:

They should be now. That concert was amazing.

I swear to god, it felt like it was over so fast. :(

I know, I cant believe 2 days have passed since then, it was magic, :wub2:

i have never felt this way in my life!

Why didn't you kill them, babe? :smoke:

Because I was mesmerized by Mika's golden boxers :mf_lustslow::hypo:

Are you aurelien's friend?

Yeah I couldn't see half the beginning because of the curtains either, it was horrible! :sneaky2:

Question for the Dancing Big Girls: Did they have shoes for you to borrow?

LOL actually.. no..

zoots brought her own and I intended to wear my yellow moccassin/cowboy boots to the gig...

it was all so unexpected so I had to wear them with my costume!

LOL we searched for a pair that i could borrow..

I was going to use Cherise's shoes but she only had boots and the flats she needed to drum with!

OH WELL! Yasmine said they were fine! :biggrin2:

But I would suggest that you bring some nice flats if you're to be a Big Girl! =)

Edited by MikaLuva93

LOL actually.. no..

zoots brought her own and I intended to wear my yellow moccassin/cowboy boots to the gig...

it was all so unexpected so I had to wear them with my costume!

LOL we searched for a pair that i could borrow..

I was going to use Cherise's shoes but she only had boots and the flats she needed to drum with!

OH WELL! Yasmine said they were fine! :biggrin2:

I was shouting at Yasmine to get a picture with me but she ignored me!

You got to talk to her!

:shocked:

:tears:

I was shouting at Yasmine to get a picture with me but she ignored me!

You got to talk to her!

:shocked:

:tears:

SHE HUGGED ME AND EVERYTHING!! !

imma sorry.. hopefully we can get some picz at the next gig!! !

ughhh i'm soo depressed I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!! ! :tears:

SHE HUGGED ME AND EVERYTHING!! !

imma sorry.. hopefully we can get some picz at the next gig!! !

ughhh i'm soo depressed I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!! ! :tears:

You're soo lucky! :tears:

It was funny when she just booked it out the door, and into a car and we were all just like :shocked:

I was like, uhm...come back please?

You're soo lucky! :tears:

It was funny when she just booked it out the door, and into a car and we were all just like :shocked:

I was like, uhm...come back please?

LOL! i didn't even see her come back!! !

through the backdoor?? perhaps??

I KNEW WE SHOULD'VE SNUCK IN AND BECOME SUPER-SPIES! :roftl: LOL

A few more details that I'm remembering:

- Mika was gorgeous. :mf_lustslow: I thought his good looks stopped affecting me already. :blush-anim-cl:

- it all went by way too quickly - even with the new songs and some LICM songs. Never fails.:sneaky2:

- Finally got to see his mouth form the lyrics to the falsetto part of One Foot Boy (after "Don't stay") it's "You're lost to me". :biggrin2:

- the Toy Boy doll looked like the actor Dustin Hoffman to me.:naughty:

- Mika was gorgeous. :mf_lustslow: I thought his good looks stopped affecting me already. :blush-anim-cl:

- it all went by way too quickly - even with the new songs and some LICM songs. Never fails.:sneaky2:

- Finally got to see his mouth form the lyrics to the falsetto part of One Foot Boy (after "Don't stay") it's "You're lost to me". :biggrin2:

:lmfao:

Really? I find it looked a bit like Mika but with non-curly hair. :aah:

LOL! it really did!! !:teehee:

i have pics of it backstage.. i'll post it soon! :thumb_yello: