The rain video!

Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I just like seeing Mika run. I've no idea why. Probably because he's so long and gangly lol. And if he does run like Captain Jack, that's a plus. Captain Jack run is legendary. In fact, I run a bit like it as well with my arms flailing everywhere haha. It's quite actually, you should try it!

I think the editing could have been made a bit more chaotic, but like I say, good video anyway.

LOVED the shots of the bright light behind the trees and vague outlines of the Nymphs. Really interesting body shapes (as in the positions they chose). Very contemporary. Loved how they twitched. Reminded me deer in the woods. But demonic deer.

Bit like Llama's with hats actually, just less comical (Jazzy I know you'll appreciate this)

Okay, I went off on a tangent there lol.

Oooh, I like the tent too!

OMG, yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks his running is really lovely to watch! I commented that on my post in the thread about 'Rain' being the next single.

I agree, it must have something to do with his long legs, makes him look rather elegant. Being tall and gangly, he could have been one of those people that runs like a drunken elk (to use his own expression) - some tall people can seem very ungainly and uncoordinated at times when doing anything 'sporty' (says a very short person - now going to get all the tall people telling me I'm talking rubbish, LOL!). Fortunately, he is one those tall guys who CAN run well, without it looking comical and like he's going to trip over his own feet!

I LOVE this video - rain would have been good (:teehee:), but I guess that would have been too obvious for Mika!

And he looks delicious..... :mf_lustslow:

Edited by SunshineGirl
Missing word

What do you use to make your GIFs?

Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 (and a .gif-maker)

All my gifs ..

rain1.gif

rain2.gif

rain3.gif

rain4.gif

rain5.gif

rain6.gif

Hope you like them :teehee:

Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 (and a .gif-maker)

Damn. I have Photoshop but it's an older version so it doesn't have the GIF-making option :emot-sad:

And I have Jasc Animation shop, but I have no idea how to import videos into it :dunno:

I think you can compare them on many levels - professionalism, how effective they are, whether they represent the song in a meaningful way, whether they're well executed, visually interesting, etc.

Just because the songs and styles are different it doesn't mean that they're incomparable. They're still the same medium, it's not like comparing a cup of tea to a bicycle. :teehee:

They're both very different concepts and very different songs, but you can still make a comparison in the videos IMO. Rain is more intriguing because there's a story, it makes you want to know what happens next. It draws you in, it's entrancing, you're fed on twilight desire. (I don't neccessarily mean the film, but I can totally imagine vampire/werewolf type creatures. It's got that feel to it.) Like The Phantom of the Opera said: "Let your darker side give in".

BIOTG was just a boring video with a bit of crap dancing in comparison. IMO. (Mika's performance in it was brilliant, don't get me wrong, I just hated everything else).

This video has much more depth in it and is more likely to grab people's interest.

Not only that, the camera work was absolutely brilliant. The ground shots, low angle tilts, the crabs 9where camera moves from side to side) the camera work was so SMOOTH and gave a sense of movement. You can DEFINITELY compare it to BIOTG infamous Windows Movie Maker type fade shot LOL.

PLUS BECAUSE of Twilight coming out soon and the resemblence it has in Mika's video, it will probably be a bit more popular. And I'm not kidding either, people may associate it with it. It most likely wasn't intentional, but it happened nonetheless.

Girls you have opened me a world of which I didn't know... Thanks! I must start to read something on this otherwise I won't succeed in talking to you

Twilight!!! Had not thought about this!! :shocked: It seems to also remember the vampire Angel... I don't know if you know him...

did anyone else notice that Mika's got his little naked man in it? :roftl:

YES.

Made me lol, he always has that thing round his neck.

Maybe he's just got a thing for naked men and likes keeping them close to his heart. :teehee:

Girls you have opened me a world of which I didn't know... Thanks! I must start to read something on this otherwise I won't succeed in talking to you

Twilight!!! Had not thought about this!! :shocked: It seems to also remember the vampire Angel... I don't know if you know him...

You won't succeed in talking to us? Don't be silly! Every opinion is valid and yeah, sure, you can learn stuff from me and Caz about media/videos etc because we've studied them, but don't for a second feel inadequate. You probably know loads about stuff we don't know about, and we can all learn from each other and that's what makes chatting on here so fun. It'd be rubbish if we all knew the same things and had the same opinions. :thumb_yello:

I get the Twilight thing too...unfortunately. But at least when Mika's rolling around in mud he's not being pathetic like Bella is. Pffft. (I hate the books because they're poorly written but they've got a half decent screenwriter for the films so I actually quite like them. :aah:)

You won't succeed in talking to us? Don't be silly! Every opinion is valid and yeah, sure, you can learn stuff from me and Caz about media/videos etc because we've studied them, but don't for a second feel inadequate. You probably know loads about stuff we don't know about, and we can all learn from each other and that's what makes chatting on here so fun. It'd be rubbish if we all knew the same things and had the same opinions. :thumb_yello:

I get the Twilight thing too...unfortunately. But at least when Mika's rolling around in mud he's not being pathetic like Bella is. Pffft. (I hate the books because they're poorly written but they've got a half decent screenwriter for the films so I actually quite like them. :aah:)

You're right! :blush-anim-cl:

You're welcome.:biggrin2: It reminds me of the journal from Mika's album artwork, and i love all the quotes from the songs. And the pictures....of course.

:naughty:

When I have done it, I have thought as Mika would have made it :teehee: and I have chosen the most proper quotes and the pics :wink2:

OMG! the video is amazing!:aah: I cannot believe that it's been out already..I saw it and I loved it! <3 Mika jumping around and the fireworks at the end...just perfect! and obviously Rain is one of the best songs from the new album!

so thanks sooooo much for posting the vid! I hope he will make a vid for Good Gone Girl in the future as well!