The rain video!

Droopsy

I love this. I don't know why. Colourful tent in dingy, dark, horrible forest. Mika peeking out. It's got some sort of twisted-ness to it.

Rain1.jpg

I F*CKING LOVE THE KICK HE DOES. Very angry. Suits the song well. I don't know...Mika just got the character SPOT ON.

Rain2.jpg

Caption in the picture says it all.

Rain5.jpg

I love this. You can't really see it in this screen cap, but you're behind the trees. It's like you're (the viewer) a demonic wood nymph and you're spying on him. I loved the camera work in this video; it takes on a narrative perspective and a character perspective.

Rain3.jpg

Similarly to this. It makes me feel like I'm part of the video/one of the characters. Seeing Mika standing there unknowing and vulnerable...I don't know, there's a sexiness to it.

Rain4.jpg

I LOVE MIKA'S ACTING. The confusion, the fear, the hesitancy...

Rain6.jpg

MORE TO COME...

Wow!

Do you deal yourself with this? Or is it one passion of yours?

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika's brilliant Jack Sparrow moments:

Rain7.jpg

Rain8.jpg

THE DANCER WHO THROWS UP MUD IS JUST GENIUS. I loved it. It's very...angry, determined, hunter-like...I just loved it.

Rain9.jpg

Mika's jump:

Rain13.jpg

The dancer's jump. BRILLIANT ANGLES. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

What I loved about this video is that, although the characters they take on are a bit demonic, it's also animalistic and very deer like, with the twitching in the woods and ESPECIALLY that jump.

Rain14.jpg

EPIC SHOT.

Rain12.jpg

"I HATE DAYS LIKE THIS"

I love how his expression changes, from mental, insane expression to fear and shock. Though the screen caps don't really capture it lol :naughty:

Rain10.jpg

Rain11.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE the low angle tilt and Mika crawling backwards on the floor. Gives a real sense of vulnerablity and panic.

Rain15.jpg

LOVE this piece of acting as well, the act of desperation...though there should have been more shots of it to make it look more chaotic and make it seem Mika's lost his mind a bit more lol, cos that's clearly what this video is about.

Rain16.jpg

THE END.

Rain17.jpg

Edited by CazGirl

I love it!

The part where he's lying on the dirt on his back, and he lifts his hips up...:drool::teehee:

Sexy :pinkbow:

His running is cute, though I think they should have put that bit in slow motion....or is that too cliché? :lol3:

Wow!

Do you deal yourself with this? Or is it one passion of yours?

Well I've been dancing for 16 years plus I did Media for 4 lol :naughty: These screen caps praise the video. The screen caps I did for BIOTG completely slated it :naughty:

well at least Rain would be included LOL!!

Seriously, there should have been Rain in this video to give it a bit more impact.

But whatever, it's still a brilliant video.

Yeah, I think the end should have had him standing all alone in the middle of pouring rain.

Well I've been dancing for 16 years plus I did Media for 4 lol :naughty: These screen caps praise the video. The screen caps I did for BIOTG completely slated it :naughty:

Wow.

I've been dancing for about 7 years and I succeed in understanding... but you have a lot of more knowledge than me in this field... 16 years are a lot :shocked:

Yeah, I think the end should have had him standing all alone in the middle of pouring rain.

Same.

I also had this vision of Mika with his back to us, holding a clear Umbrella. It's dark. Lightning happens and flashes, and all you can see is Mika's silhouette through the umbrella. I don't know if that makes any sense haha.

Same.

I also had this vision of Mika with his back to us, holding a clear Umbrella. It's dark. Lightning happens and flashes, and all you can see is Mika's silhouette through the umbrella. I don't know if that makes any sense haha.

Yeah, I think I get it :naughty:

Wow.

I've been dancing for about 7 years and I succeed in understanding... but you have a lot of more knowledge than me in this field... 16 years are a lot :shocked:

I'm not professional though lol :naughty: I've only been to dance school, not dance college. I'm not very flexible either, but I know the difference between good dancers and good choreography and bad. BIOTG's got nothing on Rain! Rain overrules by far. The dancing and choreography in BIOTG was shockingly bad in my opinion, but Rain was pretty darn good.