The rain video!

Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how he looks like himself in this video.. I mean it's the clothes, the moves, how he dances.. everything :wub2: (does that make any sense? :naughty: ) I also like the dark atmosphere. I don't get the ending though :naughty: It's a bit weird when the escape suddenly stops..

OMG!

:jawdrop:

:woot_jump:

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT:blush-anim-cl:

It is officially his first video I really like. :groovy::groovy::groovy:

..and also believe it will support the song commercially :teehee:

Well done:thumb_yello:

:groupwave:

You said it all!:wub2:

*goes back to watching*

Mika looking hot - mission accomplished. :thumb_yello:

Actually that's enough of a description isn't it :aah:

YOUTUBEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIMEOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:tears:

:crybaby:

Yep please youtube :crybaby:

There you go (I used a smaller video tho, but at least you have seen it :wink2:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81w91MKx0kk

It's processing:thumb_yello:

I loved the fact that the video created this whole different world to take place in. It was so very Mika mixed with Alice in Wonderland and some Tim Burton. And Mika looked great :biggrin2:

But holy cow, who was lighting this thing and what were they going for?? I think it was lit horribly, it just makes the whole "forest" look exactly like it was built in a studio (which is probably was, but I'd assume they don't want it to look like that!). The lighting was my main issue :thumbdown: Besides the cheesy special effect fireworks that looked incredibly fake.

If the lighting was too dim you wouldn't get all those amazing silhouettes. To me the light didn't seem like the moon - even though it was supposed - because of how the camera moves between the trees when you see the nymphs it's almost like there's a car in the background with floodlights on.

I think the lighting looks good. Gives a good contrast to the darkness in my opinion. I don't think there's a studio effect at all, looks like a forest to me.

I love how he looks like himself in this video.. I mean it's the clothes, the moves, how he dances.. everything :wub2: (does that make any sense? :naughty: ) I also like the dark atmosphere. I don't get the ending though :naughty: It's a bit weird when the escape suddenly stops..

I think it's realisation. Running away from your problems then realising running away doesn't make them go away. You can run but really, there's nowhere to go. That was my impression.

God I love this video. I would have loved to have deconstructed it at college...

Oh I quite like seeing him running away from that. It's dramatic. My only other "complaint" (which isn't really a complaint) is that some shots could have been shorter/faster, therefore more shots could have been used to create more of a crazy/frightning/hyperactive atmosphere.

The bit where they're circling Mika as well...it should have been more enclosed I think and claustrophobic, possibly grabbing Mika with Mika trying to get away while still singing helplessly at the camera.

I think that's all I have to say about it...

LOVED the ending, where Mika stands breathless with the wood nymphs in the background (that's their official title now). It's like ... "you got nowhere to go but to face us".

Drams.

Nah I didn't like it, it looked a bit too silly. I was already imagining captions the first time I watched it, but I loved the side shots of him running. Anyone else think he runs a little bit like Jack Sparrow does? :naughty:

I think maybe a little re-hash of the editing wouldn't have gone amiss but tbh it's really a very minor thing and after BIOTG I'm just mega pleased that this video has been crafted by people who seem at least vaguely professional.

And I do think you're right with having the nymphs grab at him, kind of like they're really suffocating him rather than just pulling some shapes around him. I don't really have a problem with how it is, but you've got a good idea there.

I reckon some guyliner would have been a positive addition too, but you can't have everything. :teehee:

I loved the fact that the video created this whole different world to take place in. It was so very Mika mixed with Alice in Wonderland and some Tim Burton. And Mika looked great :biggrin2:

But holy cow, who was lighting this thing and what were they going for?? I think it was lit horribly, it just makes the whole "forest" look exactly like it was built in a studio (which is probably was, but I'd assume they don't want it to look like that!). The lighting was my main issue :thumbdown: Besides the cheesy special effect fireworks that looked incredibly fake.

The major floodlight was very obvious I felt, but I did quite like the flares on the camera.

And the moon looked waaaaaay too massive at the end.

I did like the light mixed with the smoke and the silhouette bits though. I thought they were really cool and moody and awesome.

I want his tent btw. D'you think if I tweet him and ask he'll let me have it?

Its so much better than the last one.

BIOTG is such a disaster compared to this IMO. Well, I thought that anyway :naughty: There are a couple of things I would have improved on in the Rain video as well, but it's fine as it is really. Very cinematic, moody, atmospheric and mysterious. Loved the fog.

Nah I didn't like it, it looked a bit too silly. I was already imagining captions the first time I watched it, but I loved the side shots of him running. Anyone else think he runs a little bit like Jack Sparrow does? :naughty:

I think maybe a little re-hash of the editing wouldn't have gone amiss but tbh it's really a very minor thing and after BIOTG I'm just mega pleased that this video has been crafted by people who seem at least vaguely professional.

And I do think you're right with having the nymphs grab at him, kind of like they're really suffocating him rather than just pulling some shapes around him. I don't really have a problem with how it is, but you've got a good idea there.

I reckon some guyliner would have been a positive addition too, but you can't have everything. :teehee:

I want his tent btw. D'you think if I tweet him and ask he'll let me have it?

To be honest I just like seeing Mika run. I've no idea why. Probably because he's so long and gangly lol. And if he does run like Captain Jack, that's a plus. Captain Jack run is legendary. In fact, I run a bit like it as well with my arms flailing everywhere haha. It's quite actually, you should try it!

I think the editing could have been made a bit more chaotic, but like I say, good video anyway.

LOVED the shots of the bright light behind the trees and vague outlines of the Nymphs. Really interesting body shapes (as in the positions they chose). Very contemporary. Loved how they twitched. Reminded me deer in the woods. But demonic deer.

Bit like Llama's with hats actually, just less comical (Jazzy I know you'll appreciate this)

Okay, I went off on a tangent there lol.

Oooh, I like the tent too!