Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

The only bit of video that I took - cause I wanted to enjoy the show . . and BOY did I. Aaahhhh we have never danced so much and it was WILD! DANG . . BY FAR the MOST fun I have ever had at a Mika show!!! And I thought NOTHING could ever top Terminal 5 . . this was OFF the effing charts!

Just the opening of the show

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done my report for this show YET . . .ahhh it has been CrAzY ever since I got home! :aah: And as you all know my computer is beyond slow . . so, I am at the library right now trying to get everything uploaded! I want to just post pics and all before I do my report . . so I have time here . . aaahhh we all know this was the BEST show EVER! My gawd!!!! AMAZING!

ha ha ha . .. here is what the queue was like :teehee:

OMG!! I had no idea you were recording I would have stayed away!!!:shocked:

Sorry.

PHILLY026.jpg

Lucy and I arrived at the venue before 7 AM . . and it was FREEZING cold and raining!!! But we were r e a d y :kachinga:

PHILLY024.jpg

woo hooo

PHILLY027.jpg

The truck with the set was there when we arrived - and about 2 hours or so later the tour bus pulled in!

PHILLY030.jpg

Aaahhhh Owen my dear! :wub2: He is Ssssoooooooo SWEET!!!! He takes good care of his Big Girls! :das:

PHILLY031.jpg

Erin, Jackie and Lucy . . . FREEZING!

PHILLY036.jpg

ahhhhh me and Erin - I miss you guys SO MUCH already!!!!

I haven't done my report for this show YET . . .ahhh it has been CrAzY ever since I got home! :aah: And as you all know my computer is beyond slow . . so, I am at the library right now trying to get everything uploaded! I want to just post pics and all before I do my report . . so I have time here . . aaahhh we all know this was the BEST show EVER! My gawd!!!! AMAZING!

ha ha ha . .. here is what the queue was like :teehee:

What a misery guts!!!:shocked:

He made you turn it off, who were you hurting?:blink:

:shocked:

Your wilddddddddddddddddddddddddd :roftl:

The show opening is superb

ha ha ha ME!? Naaahhhh

I have to say THIS WAS THE BEST queue EVER!!!! Terminal 5 was AMAZING, but this time it was JUST fun . . no pain - no suffering! WHAT A freakin' DAY! :roftl:

PHILLY032.jpg

aaahhh these 2 guys in the EARLY morning queue ROCKED so much!!! They made the day SO MUCH FUN!!! Even though yall were trying so hard to get me all CrAzY . . I still beat ya in :tongue2: Damn boys and girls lines! :roftl:

AHHH, and how could I forget?! To get themselves pumped before the show backstage, Mika and the band formed a little circle and did a clapping version of what (I think?) turned out to be the trashcan-rhythm intro to Lollipop! So cute! <3

AHHH, and how could I forget?! To get themselves pumped before the show backstage, Mika and the band formed a little circle and did a clapping version of what (I think?) turned out to be the trashcan-rhythm intro to Lollipop! So cute! <3

aaahhh I wish I could have talked to you more!!!! You are so lovely!!!! Hopefully we will get to do this again next year!!!! :biggrin2:

PHILLY033.jpg

Lucy eating pizza! WAS the pizza good guys? I wish I had ate something - that soup looked gggooooo oooooodddddd . . . why do I torture myself so? :dunno:

PHILLY045.jpg

Make-up time! :roftl:

PHILLY042.jpg

They finally got done with the sign!!!!

PHILLY039.jpg

aaahhh I wish I could have talked to you more!!!! You are so lovely!!!! Hopefully we will get to do this again next year!!!! :biggrin2:

Agreed! And absolutely! There is NO WAY I will ever miss a Philly Mika concert!! (Heck, when I have enough moolah, I am TOTALLY traveling to see him as well <3)

Also, I know I offered this time, but a standing offer for all of you: My house is ALWAYS open to Mika fans, so if you'd rather chill with me instead of shelling out for a hotel, you are totally welcome! :) So just keep it in mind :D

AWESOME STUFF HOLLY! Didn't know my silly self was in your video

I could see your microphones, btw, one stage and from behind you folks up front.

ha ha ha I love it!!! We were ALL suppose to be dancing!!!! But, it was just you and me, guys we were BORN to be Big Girls :roftl: AWESOME!!!! So you COULD see em' . . . from the stage, did it look like a microphone? :teehee:

ha ha ha I love it!!! We were ALL suppose to be dancing!!!! But, it was just you and me, guys we were BORN to be Big Girls :roftl: AWESOME!!!! So you COULD see em' . . . from the stage, did it look like a microphone? :teehee:

It totally did :D They were definitely big enough!

Yes, it didn't look like a glowing penis at all :teehee: no seriously, when you guys all pointed towards him, it was a neat effect and I think he reacted to it. I was about 20 feet to your left and 12 feet behind you. I could see Zoe's head.

So good idea!

Agreed! And absolutely! There is NO WAY I will ever miss a Philly Mika concert!! (Heck, when I have enough moolah, I am TOTALLY traveling to see him as well <3)

Also, I know I offered this time, but a standing offer for all of you: My house is ALWAYS open to Mika fans, so if you'd rather chill with me instead of shelling out for a hotel, you are totally welcome! :) So just keep it in mind :D

This is WHY I so LOVE GA shows!!!! Nothing can compare to the experience!!! Seated venues are great if you don't like to queue . . . but for those of us who make it a day long par-tay it is SO much fun!!!! And as long as a show is GA - there is NO WAY IN HELL I am not going to be on the front row! But, everyone already knows that!!!! This was the quickest 15 hours of my LIFE! :naughty:

Thank you SO much for extending that offer to the MFC! It is SO kind of you - and I am sure that someone will take that offer one day and appreciate it SO MUCH! You are too kind!!! :huglove:

Yes, it didn't look like a glowing penis at all :teehee: no seriously, when you guys all pointed towards him, it was a neat effect and I think he reacted to it. I was about 20 feet to your left and 12 feet behind you. I could see Zoe's head.

So good idea!

AWESOME!!!! Hopefully some vids will start popping up and you will be able to see that! When I saw the Mics in the store I was like OH SNAP! That is PERFECT for One foot boy!!!! I WISH I had bought EVEN more!

AWESOME!!!! Hopefully some vids will start popping up and you will be able to see that! When I saw the Mics in the store I was like OH SNAP! That is PERFECT for One foot boy!!!! I WISH I had bought EVEN more!

Blurry, but you can sort of see him glancing over! :D

Arrived at 11:00ish and found HollyD and the crew there. Waiting in the cold wasn't all that bad. Got front & center access for a great show. Concert was terrific; I was disappointed at the level of personal connection Mika made....not a lot of conversation with the audience / no hand slapping...is he a germ-a-phobe? Would go again but I think I'd like to be back a little further to get a more panoramic view...instead of the 'under the chin' view.

The stage was WAY too high!!!! That was the problem! I have NEVER seen a show and the stage was THAT high - it was CRAZY!!!! But what a view :das: