Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No he said this year, the t-shirts guy said this year and Mrs.Penniman said this year.

Kaching---a!

Then we got to see the band do there pre-show ritual.

The crowd was loud. During Big Girl the band turned and sang to us BG's!!!

I bonded with a security guard who then introduced me to her other security friend and he got us BG's back and within 14 feet of the stage.

People remembered me. One crew said:"Oh your back for more punishment?"

This was THE BEST!!!! My girls were at the stage and had a great time. We actually got shirts this time.

Great gig report Mom4Mika! Thanks you so much, sounds like being a big girl was great!

I wonder if he's going to turn around and do the whole tour backwards :naughty: or if he's just going to hit up certain areas like Philly and NYC.

...Or Texas! You know it. :teehee:

Hey guys just got back from the gig. It was awesome!! I stayed away from here so that I could be surprised when I went to the show, and boy was I! It was an absolutely amazing show! Umm...ok I'm trying to remember all the details before the night turns into a big blur. Let's see, he messed up on the piano in the beginning and made everyone stop and was like "stop! i f***** up!" lol i always think it's funny when he curses. I think the crowd was a little quiet in the beginning but Mika got them riled up in no time. He did fall one time, I forgot which song he fell in but he just laughed it off and shrugged. When he was singing We Are Golden it was crazy!!!!!!! Everyone was shouting like mad, I think even Mika was surprised at how loud we were shouting. Lol he just layed on his back on stage and listened to us screaming "We are not what you think we are, we are golden, we are golden!!" It was great. During the part in the song when he sings "Looking for treasure in the things that you threw like a magpie I live for glitter, not you" me and my cousin, who was there with me, threw confetti into the air! lol I think he liked that, he ran over to us and smiled huge.

Thanks for the report!

Loved the glitter bit--that is RIGHT up Mika's alley :roftl:

Really there is no chance he can fit another USA tour in this year :shocked::shocked:

Doesnt make sense

I live in the US, and as much as I would like this to happen, I really don't think it's reasonable either. :blink:

Be proud of that. Not like you aren't.:teehee::naughty:

Hmmm...interesting. Someone in the next few gigs will have to squeeze some more info from that boy. I gladly volunteer.:pinkbow:

What he said about the record company was "despite what the record company thought, we're back." He was saying he did better than his record company was going to give him credit for.

What he said about the record company was "despite what the record company thought, we're back." He was saying he did better than his record company was going to give him credit for.

Thank you for clarifying that.:thumb_yello:

Panic over.

:wub2:Here's video links to mostly all the songs he performed, with the exception of two. *not in order* Sorry for the quality, the Electric Factory claims to confiscate cameras and such, so I had to record with my cell phone. All sneaky and such!! :naughty:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Queentallica86

Hey SweetbriarQueen I read your first post yesterday before the show.

Did you & your boyfriend have fun????

Was it better than you thought??

Well, that bit about the tour is foggier now after sleep, but I wonder what the t-shirt manager was talking about when he said this is only a 3 week tour and that they we are coming back later this year. That was a direct conversation I think that is why I remember it.:dunno: doesn't mean he is going a 30 city tour it could be a promo 5 city tour or something.

Seems insane to add more. I was worried Mika was going to be tuckered (tired out) by the time he got here, but he his handling it well.

Trained athlete that man is.

Who knows time will sort it all out.

What an amazing day. Freezing, but great. Well worth the cold for hours. The show was amazing, the most fun I've had in a while. All in all just a great gig.

It's 68 degrees and sunny. At least it stopped raining!!!!

What can I say.......the show was incredible; unbelievable!!!! I had so much fun dancing and singing his songs. I was so blessed to be part of the audience.Sad, I am. I didn't say goodbye to him....do I regret it.....yes. I didn't want anything to be sign......just wanted to see those bunny teeth for the last time. (At least this year). I know I get over it :) I honestly think, I had a couple of eye contacts with mika. And thanks to Holly, I enjoyed the show eve more because of the microphone lol. I am a huge fan of the back up singer--Emma? She was amazing!!!!!

Important moments:

Boxers :)

Mika falling lol

Trying to play SITM.....his face reactions are tattoed on me forever.

Touches you!!!

battle of BIOTG

After queuing for 13 hours.....this has been the best reward!!!!!

Thanks to Jackie, erin, jamie, zoe, aubrey and the two guys who I don't remember the names......you alll made the experience better!!!

And yes HOLLY..........you made it soo special and finally we got to spend the

show next to each other. We had a blast!!!!

I must say.....jackviolet was a very fortunate girl. She got the the venue 15mins prior to doors open and she was among the fist 10 people to enter the venue...thanks to jamie because she was a big girl on this show as well. ( She was amazing!!!!!!)

Gary Go....was great as well !!!!

And MIKA wore shoes, I think the entire show...The stage was a bit crappy and dirty lol

I didn't take any pictures or videos because I believe you don't have the same experience. But it is all recorded in my memory!!!

NOW.........I just have to wait for him to come back again!!!!!! I think I will be with him forever!:wub2::wub2:

What can I say.......the show was incredible; unbelievable!!!! I had so much fun dancing and singing his songs. I was so blessed to be part of the audience.Sad, I am. I didn't say goodbye to him....do I regret it.....yes. I didn't want anything to be sign......just wanted to see those bunny teeth for the last time. (At least this year). I know I get over it :) I honestly think, I had a couple of eye contacts with mika. And thanks to Holly, I enjoyed the show eve more because of the microphone lol. I am a huge fan of the back up singer--Emma? She was amazing!!!!!

Important moments:

Boxers :)

Mika falling lol

Trying to play SITM.....his face reactions are tattoed on me forever.

Touches you!!!

battle of BIOTG

After queuing for 13 hours.....this has been the best reward!!!!!

Thanks to Jackie, erin, jamie, zoe, aubrey and the two guys who I don't remember the names......you alll made the experience better!!!

And yes HOLLY..........you made it soo special and finally we got to spend the

show next to each other. We had a blast!!!!

I must say.....jackviolet was a very fortunate girl. She got the the venue 15mins prior to doors open and she was among the fist 10 people to enter the venue...thanks to jamie because she was a big girl on this show as well. ( She was amazing!!!!!!)

Gary Go....was great as well !!!!

And MIKA wore shoes, I think the entire show...The stage was a bit crappy and dirty lol

I didn't take any pictures or videos because I believe you don't have the same experience. But it is all recorded in my memory!!!

NOW.........I just have to wait for him to come back again!!!!!! I think I will be with him forever!:wub2::wub2:

I'm glad you had such a great time!!!!!

To bad we couldn't spend a lot of time together in New York, but the little time we did spend together was fun:naughty:

I had the best time in Phillie. Queuing was fun with everyone.

OH MY GOSH I was so scared that the people were going to be like the ones at Terminal 5! I thought they were going to push through everyone when Mika came on, but no. It was an amazing night. :wub2:

Here are some pictures. :biggrin2:

mika_concert_2_4.jpg

mika_concert_2_5.jpg

mika_concert_2_12.jpg

mika_concert_2_27.jpg

mika_concert_2_28.jpg

mika_concert_2_29.jpg

so nobody posted that he almost fell flat on his ass during Relax :roftl: he kind of bowed and mentioned something was wrong tonight. I think he messed of the beginning of one song unless that was part of the act.

I didn't get there till after 7:00 I hate that venue it's in the middle of nowhere. I tied walking from Market street up 7th but the traffic lights were not working to cross the vine express away and I had to walk back to Arch to find a taxi. I almost couldn't get a taxi after the show, I phoned 7 different companies, one answered and told me they had already sent cabs and I had to wave one down. I hate this city not sure I'll go back to that venue :(

Despite being late I was amazingly close on the left side of the stage only 6-7 people back. I felt so old being surrounded by girls that looked no older then 14-16. I swear there was only an handful of guys at this show. Where some of you the Girls chosen to dance for Big Girls, I remember seeing you leave behind the stage and you squeezed right by me when you came back.

His band is really amazing, he sounded great but the acoustic at the Electric Factory suck.

Does anybody have the setlist? I usually do a review and post it. Mika needs a new couch, that one is hideous and torn LOL.

so nobody posted that he almost fell flat on his ass during Relax :roftl: he kind of bowed and mentioned something was wrong tonight. I think he messed of the beginning of one song unless that was part of the act.

I didn't get there till after 7:00 I hate that venue it's in the middle of nowhere. I tied walking from Market street up 7th but the traffic lights were not working to cross the vine express away and I had to walk back to Arch to find a taxi. I almost couldn't get a taxi after the show, I phoned 7 different companies, one answered and told me they had already sent cabs and I had to wave one down. I hate this city not sure I'll go back to that venue :(

Despite being late I was amazingly close on the left side of the stage only 6-7 people back. I felt so old being surrounded by girls that looked no older then 14-16. I swear there was only an handful of guys at this show. Where some of you the Girls chosen to dance for Big Girls, I remember seeing you leave behind the stage and you squeezed right by me when you came back.

His band is really amazing, he sounded great but the acoustic at the Electric Factory suck.

Does anybody have the setlist? I usually do a review and post it. Mika needs a new couch, that one is hideous and torn LOL.

If I remember correctly, this is the setlist. It's not in order though, at least not completely in order.

Relax (Take It Easy).

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

Stuck in the Middle.

Blue Eyes.

Pick Up Off the Floor.

Touches You.

Dr. John.

Blame It On the Girls.

Rain.

We Are Golden.

I See You.

One Foot Boy.

Toy Boy.

Love Today.

Grace Kelly.

Lollipop.

Billy Brown.

Did he sing Happy Ending? Because he did in NYC.

It totally does. I didn't notice generally, but I don't think the lower frequencies were always making it all the way to us. Sometimes when he was talking he sounded oddly high-pitched...like a space alien. Which would be fitting, but I'm not sure if it was intentional. Did anyone else notice this?

Oh also the cowboy dance. I think we forgot to mention the cowboy dance.

In case anyone would like to see any more videos, here are two that I took at the show last night at the Electric Factory.

-Dor

Thank You so much for viseo! I was there on the right side of the stage and i didn't get any video. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If I remember correctly, this is the setlist. It's not in order though, at least not completely in order.

Relax (Take It Easy).

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful).

Stuck in the Middle.

Blue Eyes.

Pick Up Off the Floor.

Touches You.

Dr. John.

Blame It On the Girls.

Rain.

We Are Golden.

I See You.

One Foot Boy.

Toy Boy.

Love Today.

Grace Kelly.

Lollipop.

Billy Brown.

Did he sing Happy Ending? Because he did in NYC.

Yes he did it was probably one of the best songs of the show, I'm gonna try to put it in order.

Thanks

Words can not describe how i feel! I made a new MIKA fan in my friend who went with me, Before she didn't like him now she loves him almost as much as me lol. The show was PHENOMENAL!!!!!!! I wish it never ended and i wish i was back there right now!