Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

Mum4Mika, thank you for your detailed report!!!! :wub2: So glad to hear you had such a fabulous time :thumb_yello:

We need a special counselling thread:

How your marriage can survive MIKA.

But it would be filled with secret deceptions and good excuses. And I would be #1 member :naughty:

My husband asked me yesterday if we can agree that I shouldn't go to any gigs before the UK and European tour. Hm, how can I agree if we even don't know any dates for December or January?? :sneaky2:

I don't remember it exactly, but he definitely started on the wrong chord and was like "Stop, stop. I completely f*d that up." And it took a few tries, and then he started blaming the keyboardist (whose name escapes me because I'm pretty sure he was new). It was incredibly adorable.

Awww, that sounds very cute :wub2: I love it when he is relaxed and jokes. Thanks for details!! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about what he said during the concert? I thought it was like "Much to the surprise of the record company, we came back this year", meaning last time he came to the venue, he wasn't sure he'd be asked back.

But if you're talking about something else, never mind. :blush-anim-cl:

The only thing is though when I talked with the t-shirt guy I said I was worried he'd leave and we'd miss him again. He said don't worry we are coming back later this year.

Mrs.Penniman said they are doing it again soon.

The only thing is though when I talked with the t-shirt guy I said I was worried he'd leave and we'd miss him again. He said don't worry we are coming back later this year.

Mrs.Penniman said they are coming back soon.

Oh, sweet, that would be very good news.

Hey guys just got back from the gig. It was awesome!! I stayed away from here so that I could be surprised when I went to the show, and boy was I! It was an absolutely amazing show! Umm...ok I'm trying to remember all the details before the night turns into a big blur. Let's see, he messed up on the piano in the beginning and made everyone stop and was like "stop! i f***** up!" lol i always think it's funny when he curses. I think the crowd was a little quiet in the beginning but Mika got them riled up in no time. He did fall one time, I forgot which song he fell in but he just laughed it off and shrugged. When he was singing We Are Golden it was crazy!!!!!!! Everyone was shouting like mad, I think even Mika was surprised at how loud we were shouting. Lol he just layed on his back on stage and listened to us screaming "We are not what you think we are, we are golden, we are golden!!" It was great. During the part in the song when he sings "Looking for treasure in the things that you threw like a magpie I live for glitter, not you" me and my cousin, who was there with me, threw confetti into the air! lol I think he liked that, he ran over to us and smiled huge.

Hmmm...what else? I can't remember

After the concert though was great! I don't know how long we waited but it was that bad, I've waited longer lol. But some people couldnt stand to wait that long in the cold so they left. Even though some people left there were still A LOT of people there! It was more like after a gig in New York with the amount of people there. I didn't expect that in Philly, specially since it didn't sell out completely.

None the less he came out, signed stuff for everyone there, and was as sweet as ever. He still remembered me and my cousin from the nyc gig that was at nokia and that was more than 2 years ago! Granted we have gone to a lot of gigs since then, but it's always nice to be remembered.

Jack it was great seeing you again...without the mask lol!!!!! I really enjoyed talking with you! Sorry you didn't get a chance to stay! You're card was amazing! Hope you had fun tonight meeting up with your friends afterward!

My husband asked me yesterday if we can agree that I shouldn't go to any gigs before the UK and European tour. Hm, how can I agree if we even don't know any dates for December or January?? :sneaky2:

Add another member to the "how can my marriage survive Mika?" club. :naughty:

it will be interesting to hear what others have to say about this tour thing.

I must go to bed and rest, my doctor would be surprised if he knew what I was up to this weekend :teehee:

Adrenaline is a great pain killer, only thing it is wearing off :blink:

He did fall one time, I forgot which song he fell in but he just laughed it off and shrugged.

I forgot that! That was awesome. I think he was on his way back from introducing Cherisse and being a jerk about her height. :roftl: It was like instant karma.

Checking in just wanted to say HI, I got to be a BG again and find the other 3 BG's (not as easy as you think girls actually said no and 2 got turned down by Mrs.P for being too small.

I think this concert was better then NYC. Lots of joking, smiling, and energy.

They are coming back later in the fall for another tour!!!!!

I have awesome things to say, but gotta go.

That's wonderful, I'm loving all the reports so far

I can believe its not easy finding big girls- for one thing, despite my obvious qualification, there's a small deluded part of me that would want to slap anyone who asked! But it sounds so much fun!

Are you talking about what he said during the concert? I thought it was like "Much to the surprise of the record company, we came back this year", meaning last time he came to the venue, he wasn't sure he'd be asked back.

But if you're talking about something else, never mind. :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah that's what he said. He didn't say anything about another tour while he was on stage. If he said it any other time then idk, but def not during the concert

I don't remember it exactly, but he definitely started on the wrong chord and was like "Stop, stop. I completely f*d that up." And it took a few tries, and then he started blaming the keyboardist (whose name escapes me because I'm pretty sure he was new). It was incredibly adorable.

:roftl:

Waiting for some UK people to wake up and comment on this:teehee:

Mika said it was something like thanks to the record company we are going to back later this year.

that's great news:thumb_yello:

:woot_jump:

I so wish he does well in the US with the album:blush-anim-cl:

Hey guys just got back from the gig. It was awesome!! I stayed away from here so that I could be surprised when I went to the show, and boy was I! It was an absolutely amazing show! Umm...ok I'm trying to remember all the details before the night turns into a big blur. Let's see, he messed up on the piano in the beginning and made everyone stop and was like "stop! i f***** up!" lol i always think it's funny when he curses. I think the crowd was a little quiet in the beginning but Mika got them riled up in no time. He did fall one time, I forgot which song he fell in but he just laughed it off and shrugged. When he was singing We Are Golden it was crazy!!!!!!! Everyone was shouting like mad, I think even Mika was surprised at how loud we were shouting. Lol he just layed on his back on stage and listened to us screaming "We are not what you think we are, we are golden, we are golden!!" It was great. During the part in the song when he sings "Looking for treasure in the things that you threw like a magpie I live for glitter, not you" me and my cousin, who was there with me, threw confetti into the air! lol I think he liked that, he ran over to us and smiled huge.

Hmmm...what else? I can't remember

After the concert though was great! I don't know how long we waited but it was that bad, I've waited longer lol. But some people couldnt stand to wait that long in the cold so they left. Even though some people left there were still A LOT of people there! It was more like after a gig in New York with the amount of people there. I didn't expect that in Philly, specially since it didn't sell out completely.

None the less he came out, signed stuff for everyone there, and was as sweet as ever. He still remembered me and my cousin from the nyc gig that was at nokia and that was more than 2 years ago! Granted we have gone to a lot of gigs since then, but it's always nice to be remembered.

Jack it was great seeing you again...without the mask lol!!!!! I really enjoyed talking with you! Sorry you didn't get a chance to stay! You're card was amazing! Hope you had fun tonight meeting up with your friends afterward!

Glad u had fun! :) im trying not to read and look at too many videos and pix aswell.... i want it to be a suprise :)

That's crazy!!!:shocked:

He's gonna be wrecked before he gets back here!

My thoughts exactly! He's got the Little Noise and the RAH shows in London next month. He said in an interview he's booked studio time in January and he has the UK tour in Feb!

Mika is going to make himself ill again if he does another American tour too.

I hate to be a killjoy for the Americans, but I hope it's not this year.

My thoughts exactly! He's got the Little Noise and the RAH shows in London next month. He said in an interview he's booked studio time in January and he has the UK tour in Feb!

Mika is going to make himself ill again if he does another American tour too.

I hate to be a killjoy for the Americans, but I hope it's not this year.

And he's got the Baden Baden show in Germany and the Sydney gig top and tailing next month too, maybe the Asian appearances after, possibly. Crazy!

Not what he's doing there, but adding more on top of those.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy either, but they really should let him pace himself, and not add an unnecessary workload on him, which completely wasted him the last time.

Edited by RAK1