Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory - Gig reports, videos and pics - Oct. 18 2009

guylainem123

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom, is that you? :roftl:

LMFAO :lmfao:

:jawdrop:

My marriage could be in serious trouble. :aah:

Mine too. We can hang out together with our dogs for company when our husbands throw in the towel. :roftl:

I'm still a bit skeptical. I wonder if this is another a case of Mika peeps saying things that aren't set in stone yet. :naughty:

Standard questions to the gig goers: Did he do One Foot Boy and Blue Eyes? Is he still performing barefoot?

:lmfao::lmao: HAHA. That made me literally laugh out loud.

And ANOTHER tour? I don't think my bank account can take it.:naughty::blink:

Cool :cool:

I don't think mine can either :aah:

And I don't think my mom can handle letting me chase him even more this soon :lol3:

would you like a little celine while you are waiting? :naughty:

LMFAO :roftl:

Standard questions to the gig goers: Did he do One Foot Boy and Blue Eyes? Is he still performing barefoot?

He did both. Didn't actually look at his feet...would probably have noticed if he was barefoot though.

It was my first gig. It was awesome. I drove three hours both ways, though there wasn't any rain and people have traveled MUCH FURTHER for Mika gigs so I'm not complaining.

I can't believe I got there only an hour early and still got to be so close without pushing. It was so awesome.

Especially when he totally messed up Stuck in the Middle.

He did both. Didn't actually look at his feet...would probably have noticed if he was barefoot though.

It was my first gig. It was awesome. I drove three hours both ways, though there wasn't any rain and people have traveled MUCH FURTHER for Mika gigs so I'm not complaining.

I can't believe I got there only an hour early and still got to be so close without pushing. It was so awesome.

Especially when he totally messed up Stuck in the Middle.

Thanks! So lovely to hear your first gig was awesome! :wub2:

And, messed up SITM? Did his "trumpet solo" not go off? :roftl:

My marriage could be in serious trouble. :aah:

We need a special counselling thread:

How your marriage can survive MIKA.

But it would be filled with secret deceptions and good excuses. And I would be #1 member :naughty:

How can he come out of an awesome show in Philly and tweet about Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul???

Well I am looking forward to Philly reports and all, but a report on how he can suddenly be doing all these extra gigs would be the most welcome of all, especially after being off MFC for a whole WEEK, I am so out of touch:aah:

</end chatter>

No he said this year, the t-shirts guy said this year and Mrs.Penniman said this year.

:jawdrop: I'm going to start searching couches for money. If he comes back to Boston I will NOT miss it this time. Maybe I should hold off on my diet till then so I could be a big girl before I start shedding the pounds. :teehee: Btw, congrats on being a big girl twice in a row! How exciting! :)

And, messed up SITM? Did his "trumpet solo" not go off? :roftl:

I don't remember it exactly, but he definitely started on the wrong chord and was like "Stop, stop. I completely f*d that up." And it took a few tries, and then he started blaming the keyboardist (whose name escapes me because I'm pretty sure he was new). It was incredibly adorable.

I don't remember it exactly, but he definitely started on the wrong chord and was like "Stop, stop. I completely f*d that up." And it took a few tries, and then he started blaming the keyboardist (whose name escapes me because I'm pretty sure he was new). It was incredibly adorable.

:roftl: Aww, Mika :wub2:

The girls (my daughters) and I got there 12:00ish. There people the usual suspects :teehee: and some people who were new (Hi Chris & Mark?)

Ate pizza, made friends with the waitress at pub 150 yards from venue, tipping nicely so that you don't have to buy something every time just to use the bathroom. She was sweet, gave me a free coffee (granted coffee wasn't well coffee, but that wasn't her fault)

Then we played the iPod through my car stereo, made it to Good Gone Girl before parking attendant said cars had to be moved.

John came out and we said hi, I walked closer and he said do you want to do it again? Yes. John: "Okay but your in charge of finding the other girls."

Cool, but harder than you think. Finally got last girl picked at like 7:30PM.

Back track a bit, whilst waiting in the line Chris noticed the parking lot guys car had left lights on. I decided I couldn't just let that be, so I walked over to said guy and told him, his thankful yadda, yadda, I say by and bam right there slowly driving by is Mika in a suv he looks at me I bow my head with a smile and he did it back to me!!!!:teehee::roftl:

They went around the block and ended up driving past the rest of us to offer a wave and a shy smile.

Fastward. Backstage was different than NYC, there were no wings to stand in, which ended up being great for us BG's because as it was close to show time the band was 5 feet from me.

I got to tell Erika that I saw her Fri in NYC and that I thought she was a wonderful addition to the band, she took my hand and said really, and that it is hard to come into a situation like that and that some fans don't like her. I said sod them your great!! She was genuine and happy to hear that.

I THANKFULLY had CHerrisse right in front of me so I was finally able to tell her that Aubrey took up drums because of her and that we searched hi and low for her Fader's cd (band she was in before Mika)

She couldn't believe it. She again shook my hand and said thank you.

Aubrey was OVER THE MOON when I told her about that.

Jimmy and the keyboard player told us BG's to put up our hands and the ran by slapping them it was funny.

Then we got to see the band do there pre-show ritual.

The crowd was loud. During Big Girl the band turned and sang to us BG's!!!

I bonded with a security guard who then introduced me to her other security friend and he got us BG's back and within 14 feet of the stage.

People remembered me. One crew said:"Oh your back for more punishment?"

This was THE BEST!!!! My girls were at the stage and had a great time. We actually got shirts this time.

The temporary buzz kill was the ride home. My car shook violently if I went over 60, then after 20 minutes I could go over 50 and the last bit of the hour was 45.

The Philly part of gut wrenching and it felt like it was going to die right there and Interstate 95 is NOT the place to be going less than 70.

Made it home safely. So I had to calm down before I posted.

I have surgery Nov.23rd so I'll have to pass. Which doesn't seem like a hige deal now, but I'm sure when the time comes I'm going to weep.

The girls (my daughters) and I got there 12:00ish. There people the usual suspects :teehee: and some people who were new (Hi Chris & Mark?)

Ate pizza, made friends with the waitress at pub 150 yards from venue, tipping nicely so that you don't have to buy something every time just to use the bathroom. She was sweet, gave me a free coffee (granted coffee wasn't well coffee, but that wasn't her fault)

Then we played the iPod through my car stereo, made it to Good Gone Girl before parking attendant said cars had to be moved.

John came out and we said hi, I walked closer and he said do you want to do it again? Yes. John: "Okay but your in charge of finding the other girls."

Cool, but harder than you think. Finally got last girl picked at like 7:30PM.

Back track a bit, whilst waiting in the line Chris noticed the parking lot guys car had left lights on. I decided I couldn't just let that be, so I walked over to said guy and told him, his thankful yadda, yadda, I say by and bam right there slowly driving by is Mika in a suv he looks at me I bow my head with a smile and he did it back to me!!!!:teehee::roftl:

They went around the block and ended up driving past the rest of us to offer a wave and a shy smile.

Fastward. Backstage was different than NYC, there were no wings to stand in, which ended up being great for us BG's because as it was close to show time the band was 5 feet from me.

I got to tell Erika that I saw her Fri in NYC and that I thought she was a wonderful addition to the band, she took my hand and said really, and that it is hard to come into a situation like that and that some fans don't like her. I said sod them your great!! She was genuine and happy to hear that.

I THANKFULLY had CHerrisse right in front of me so I was finally able to tell her that Aubrey took up drums because of her and that we searched hi and low for her Fader's cd (band she was in before Mika)

She couldn't believe it. She again shook my hand and said thank you.

Aubrey was OVER THE MOON when I told her about that.

Jimmy and the keyboard player told us BG's to put up our hands and the ran by slapping them it was funny.

Then we got to see the band do there pre-show ritual.

The crowd was loud. During Big Girl the band turned and sang to us BG's!!!

I bonded with a security guard who then introduced me to her other security friend and he got us BG's back and within 14 feet of the stage.

People remembered me. One crew said:"Oh your back for more punishment?"

This was THE BEST!!!! My girls were at the stage and had a great time. We actually got shirts this time.

The temporary buzz kill was the ride home. My car shook violently if I went over 60, then after 20 minutes I could go over 50 and the last bit of the hour was 45.

The Philly part of gut wrenching and it felt like it was going to die right there and Interstate 95 is NOT the place to be going less than 70.

Made it home safely. So I had to calm down before I posted.

I have surgery Nov.23rd so I'll have to pass. Which doesn't seem like a hige deal now, but I'm sure when the time comes I'm going to weep.

Sounds amazing! SO happy for you!:biggrin2::wub2:

I'm still a bit skeptical. I wonder if this is another a case of Mika peeps saying things that aren't set in stone yet. :naughty:

Mika said it was something like thanks to the record company we are going to back later this year.

Mika said it was something like thanks to the record company we are going to back later this year.

I wonder if he's going to turn around and do the whole tour backwards :naughty: or if he's just going to hit up certain areas like Philly and NYC.

Did he say it sarcastically? As in "thanks to the record company...:shun::rolls_eyes:"?

:naughty:

That is what I was trying to remember, but my brain isn't completely sure, but I think there was a hint of sarcasm.

Yeah :fangurl:

And at the Roxy, his mic stand fell into my crotch :pinkbow:

Be proud of that. Not like you aren't.:teehee::naughty:

Hmmm...interesting. Someone in the next few gigs will have to squeeze some more info from that boy. I gladly volunteer.:pinkbow:

Hmmm, interesting. US promo, maybe? :teehee:

Yes.

No, not tonight, but he did in NYC.

:tears:

Nooo! I love barefoot Mika! I demand more barefoot Mika! :aah:

Thanks for your lovely report! :wub2:

Are you talking about what he said during the concert? I thought it was like "Much to the surprise of the record company, we came back this year", meaning last time he came to the venue, he wasn't sure he'd be asked back.

But if you're talking about something else, never mind. :blush-anim-cl: