A typical hello I suppose, and thank you to members who were at the Oakland show

kenna

Hello, I'm Kenna.

I've been a fan of Mika since about June 2007 when I accompanied my friend to his show at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I went with her just so she'd have someone to go with, and of course I had no idea who he was at the time but I fell in love pretty much immediately after he set foot on stage.

Even though I've been a pretty big fan for a while, I never really joined here because you all seemed so close and as I'm sure some of you know, trying to join new forums and fandoms sometimes feels a bit like butting into a conversation at a party...

Anyway, what finally convinced me to join was meeting some of the members from here at the show in Oakland on Saturday night. I was one of the big girls at the show, and so the other girls and I were given wristbands for the meet & greet, but all the other girls ended up having to leave early, which left me pretty much alone and awkward in the corner. But I had been grouped in with the MFC members and they all made me feel welcome and comfortable, which was really amazing. :)

Sometimes I get really wordy, so I'll stop there before I write a freaking novel. I look forward to getting to know some of you in the future!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I'm Kenna.

I've been a fan of Mika since about June 2007 when I accompanied my friend to his show at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I went with her just so she'd have someone to go with, and of course I had no idea who he was at the time but I fell in love pretty much immediately after he set foot on stage.

Even though I've been a pretty big fan for a while, I never really joined here because you all seemed so close and as I'm sure some of you know, trying to join new forums and fandoms sometimes feels a bit like butting into a conversation at a party...

Anyway, what finally convinced me to join was meeting some of the members from here at the show in Oakland on Saturday night. I was one of the big girls at the show, and so the other girls and I were given wristbands for the meet & greet, but all the other girls ended up having to leave early, which left me pretty much alone and awkward in the corner. But I had been grouped in with the MFC members and they all made me feel welcome and comfortable, which was really amazing. :)

Sometimes I get really wordy, so I'll stop there before I write a freaking novel. I look forward to getting to know some of you in the future!

that's exactly what i felt like when i came here but now i have loads of friends! :wink2:

welcome!!! I'm Kat! hope you enjoy it here as much as we do! :boing::flowers2:

Edited by RainbowGirl

Hello and welcome to MFC :bye:

How did you enjoy being on stage with Mika?

It was exhilarating! I was nervous from the second being on stage was even a possibility up until I actually stepped on stage, but as soon as I heard everyone cheering, everything felt awesome.

I still can't get over it.

It was exhilarating! I was nervous from the second being on stage was even a possibility up until I actually stepped on stage, but as soon as I heard everyone cheering, everything felt awesome.

I still can't get over it.

I'm sure it was amazing! So happy you enjoyed yourself!

The show was AMAZING.:wub2: From seeing your post in the Oakland thread, I remember seeing you. I was in the gold skirt and feather hat thing.:biggrin2:

I'm sure it was amazing! So happy you enjoyed yourself!

The show was AMAZING.:wub2: From seeing your post in the Oakland thread, I remember seeing you. I was in the gold skirt and feather hat thing.:biggrin2:

Oh, I remember you! That was a cute outfit :biggrin2:

Hello, I'm Kenna.

I love how the MFCers are so warm and friendly at the concerts, because Mika would want it that way. He would not want to see people alone in a corner. He's had experience of that in his younger days, and (I'm certain) would hate to see others in the same situation.

Welcome to the MFC. Have fun here!