The pied piper of pop - Nov. 4 2009

Droopsy

:huglove:

Thank you for standing up for me, Rosie!

You were the first person i met here, Rose, in your next gig you tell that boy i ain't no sinister nor wrong!:mf_rosetinted:

:biggrin2:

He's wrong, even Rose said so!:mf_rosetinted:

this interview is alllllllllllll about you.... again!!! :sneaky2:

*note to self... do not comment on willy wonka's signature of the day. :mf_rosetinted:*

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this interview is alllllllllllll about you.... again!!! :sneaky2:

*note to self... do not comment on willy wonka's signature of the day. :mf_rosetinted:*

:lmfao:

Ain't it nahce, nahce? Baby Mika...:roftl:

It's 4am here...:shocked:...

See ya tomorrow, my fav mod :bye:

LOL omg Did you get that picture off of e-bay. *will not admit to sculpting a mini baby like that before* *runs off before you lot deside I'm crazy*

It is peculiar that the american radio is not embracing our dear one foot boy. I am not a radio listener though so even if he had come charging through thorugh I would not have noticed . He can thank sims 2 for me joining the ranks of the mad feckers extrodinare.

Every time I see this thread title I read it as "The Pied Piper of Poop" XD

Edited by CalicoSkies
to add my unwittyness :P

T4P! :flowers2:

That's how I feel sometimes. Mika was the 1st artist who I started listening to without ever hearing him on the radio and the 1st who no one I knew had heard of. Maybe that's why I'm so protective of him and don't want some people I know to start liking him. :naughty: Or...I am just a bad fan. :mf_rosetinted:

I totally understand you there....I find that I don't want to mention to certain people how much I like Mika, not because I'm ashamed (I'm definitely not, I'm PROUD to be a Mika fan), but because I don't want them to suddenly love him too. I dunno, I guess I just want liking Mika to by "my thing" not theirs. Although it is difficult to keep my love for Mika a secret, cause I could really talk about him all day :teehee:

And about feeling like a bad fan, I get what ya mean there too cause of course I want him to be successful which means more fans to share him with :doh:

I totally understand you there....I find that I don't want to mention to certain people how much I like Mika, not because I'm ashamed (I'm definitely not, I'm PROUD to be a Mika fan), but because I don't want them to suddenly love him too. I dunno, I guess I just want liking Mika to by "my thing" not theirs. Although it is difficult to keep my love for Mika a secret, cause I could really talk about him all day :teehee:

And about feeling like a bad fan, I get what ya mean there too cause of course I want him to be successful which means more fans to share him with :doh:

Well I'm afraid I want Mika's name to be on everyone's lips. I want the whole world to know about him and love him, including the USA!

THE PIED PIPER OF POP

“I think I’ve always loved the underdog, the outsider, and embracing the fact that I’ve always been the outsider myself. I love the idea of raising up the underdog in almost a manga sort of way, to the point where the underdog becomes a superhero.

“I often feel I discuss sexuality far more than most other artists. I get that — it’s part of the fabric of what I do, I’m fascinated with sexuality, it permeates so many of my songs. That throws out the accusation that I’ve been operating from a position of fear or commercial paranoia; you can’t say that when I write songs with lyrics like I do.

Article of the week !

These are my favourite bits :teehee:

Well I'm afraid I want Mika's name to be on everyone's lips. I want the whole world to know about him and love him, including the USA!

Now you really do make me feel like a bad fan :emot-sad: Like I said I DO want him to be successful!! My other post really is referring to certain people I know that I don't really care to tell about my love for Mika because whether or not they were to like him too, I feel like they would "crash my Mika party". It's hard to explain but it has more to do with the particular people rather than fear of Mika becoming too popular :dunno: I actually do find it frustrating that Mika's music doesn't get played on the radio here (and quite hurtful to him, it makes me sad when I hear him talk about it) and the reasons that I've heard for why it's not really don't make any sense considering the stuff that does get played on American radio. And yes Mika deserves to be loved everywhere by everyone :wub2:

I totally get what you say, i always wonder if he's gonna keep on doing meet and greet after the next show, cause it keeps getting bigger and bigger...:aah::naughty:

Well, of course he can't be too picky when it comes to choose who to sleep with!

The boy has insomnia!

The moment he gets lucky enough to feel a bit sleepy he has to take the chance to the first thing that comes in hand!

It's just a "Hey, you, i feel sleepy now, come here!" kind of thing, you know?:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah or you know, or he has chicken with a crapload of people. :lmfao:

you're so naive, wonka. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks Droopsy! :wub2: My fav bits (actually most of it):

“The thing is, I play venues here that artists who get a lot of radio play can’t sell out,” he said matter-of-factly.

“It’s really bizarre, and it’s all based on the internet. Every time I tour here, it gets bigger — I had no idea I could ever get to a point where I could play to 5000 people a night in the US, without being played on the radio.

“I feel rejected by the mainstream in America, and in some ways I kind of exist in my own space, but the reactions on this tour have been great. Because people here feel like they’ve discovered me themselves, the subsequent reaction is really visceral and heartfelt.”

And there are perks to being a Mika fan. To celebrate the release of The Boy Who Knew Too Much, the star invited fans via Twitter to come for a drink at his local pub — his shout. It ended up costing him 25,000 pounds.

“All these record company bigwig-style things were being organised when the album came out, and I thought ‘This is rubbish, why don’t I just organise something on Twitter’. Although Twitter can be so invasive, there’s a flash mob side to it which I love. You can do these guerilla events, and people show up.

“On the last day of recording my album in LA, I set up this game over Twitter where people had to find an ice cream truck — I was dropping clues to where it might be — and if you found the ice cream truck, you got a free ticket to my show at the Roxy Theatre. That’s the side of Twitter that I really like. The side that’s all about ‘I’m going to the bathroom now,’ I don’t like.”

So is he the Willy Wonka of Twitter, leading fans on elaborate treasure hunts?

“I don’t know about Willy Wonka! That sounds kind of sinister and wrong,” he chuckled.

“The first album was a product of my childhood, that’s fair to say. With the first album I was running away from my adolescence. With this one I was dealing with, and facing up to, my adolescence, I thought, you know what, I’m going to revisit this time in my life when things were less than ideal, and I’m going to rewrite it the way I want it to go.”

“I think I’ve always loved the underdog, the outsider, and embracing the fact that I’ve always been the outsider myself. I love the idea of raising up the underdog in almost a manga sort of way, to the point where the underdog becomes a superhero.

“I think it’s always important to experiment creatively, but also in your real life, quite frankly,” he laughed knowingly.

I think it's also that he is attracting people with his magical music

:naughty::thumb_yello:

:shocked:

OMG!

I iz sinister and wrong????

The Boy who Jumps too much thinks i'm sinister and wrong??????'

That's it!

My identity was discovered!

I ain't never get my CDs signed as i always feared!

Mika Mob iz coming to get me!:boxed:

Goodbye cruel world!:aah:

Now I finally get to understand your sentence under the avvi!! because I didn't read this thread before!! :blush-anim-cl:

As i have been found sinister and wrong by the Mastah himself, I am retiring from any naugthy activity within this forum...

I'll be bored to death, though...:boxed:

But I can't risk to be tracked down by Miika Mob and shot down with lollipop lasers...:boxed:

Furthermore, no more drewling and naughty threads for me from now on...

I'll change my name to MikalollipoprainILoveyouMarryme and can be found either at the Naughty Corner Thread vaccuming the bean bags or at Holy Johnny's Thread ironing his clothing and cleaning the Church floor as penitence...

So, bye naughty world, from now on i'll be a loving Fangurl fan...

Signed: The sinister fan once known as Da Wonka...

:biggrin2:

Nah!! we love as you are. Just remember: good girls go to heaven, bad girls go EVERYWHERE :devil:

Maybe you can steal it from her then?! :fisch::naughty:

btw guys how do you make your GIF files...i tried gifninja and it was shiz in my case :boxed:

I did, but I love looking at it :das:

YEah I used gifninja, as you can tell the first one is too slow compared to the video, and I even made it faster on Windows Movie Maker.

And the second one I sped it up TWO times and now he looks like he's on redbull..:roftl: