Mika on his demoNs and overcoming a crisis of confidence

dcdeb

Guest whalesfood
reading this bit of the article made me remember how he was snogging the skelly puppet... :naughty: but well, i can't say i'm surprised that this song had something to do with sex, i mean look at the lyrics... :teehee:

also the dong dong dong dong of the piano reminds me of a bed creaking. the build up of the song and everything too. haha. it's always been a very sexy song.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh goodness, I can't believe that it's turning up everywhere, and that they are spinning it like he needed the cash. Truth is, the initial planets had been messed up, or done the wrong way, so they needed to redo them.

And yes, he spent hours working with us and chatting and stuff, and we all ate together at the end, including the band, as they were all rehearsing in the meantime. Mika was spending time with us painting and later rehearsing, and we watched them when we were done for a good while,before we all ate. It was fantastic. He even practised the BG dance with Zoots on stage, and fell on his knees and bowed to her when she did it so well,hahaha.

Thanks for responding Sara. Sounds like you had the BEST time. This kind of situation is why I think Mika is so unique and I LOVE him for it :wub2:

I bet you were bursting to share weren't you ? Its so funny after asking you all to keep it quiet he blabbed to the press. He does love his MFC thought doesn't he ? Perhaps that was why...... :teehee::biggrin2:

** Oh and I forgot to say lucky Zoots !!!**

I bet you were bursting to share weren't you ? Its so funny after asking you all to keep it quiet he blabbed to the press. He does love his MFC thought doesn't he ? Perhaps that was why...... :teehee::biggrin2:

We did get a sense that he may have only meant not to tell before the tour premiered because he wanted it to be a surprise for the audience. But we still didn't feel comfortable posting details about it on the internet because look what happens...people are tweeting Mika asking if they can paint his balls too and there are articles everywhere suggesting that he's got no money and had to bribe us. :lmfao:

But, well, Mika let the cat out of the bag, not us. :teehee:

Mika asking Zoots to be a big girl was one of the highlights of the night for me. He taught her a dance and she did such a good job with it. Mika was just as impressed as we were! :bow:

We did get a sense that he may have only meant not to tell before the tour premiered because he wanted it to be a surprise for the audience. But we still didn't feel comfortable posting details about it on the internet because look what happens...people are tweeting Mika asking if they can paint his balls too and there are articles everywhere suggesting that he's got no money and had to bribe us. :lmfao:

But, well, Mika let the cat out of the bag, not us. :teehee:

Yes, he did initially say (when he asked at the supermarket if we wanted to do some painting) "but you will have to keep it secret until tomorrow" so it was only a time limited silence, but later on inside John put the fear of god in us :lmfao:

He told us that we were there "in stealth" and that we were not to comment on anything, etc... Also we weren't allowed to take any pics inside, so the whole thing was quite secretive, and we just didn't mention it.

Mika asking Zoots to be a big girl was one of the highlights of the night for me. He taught her a dance and she did such a good job with it. Mika was just as impressed as we were! :bow:

Oh I keep posting things in the Toronto gig report thread instead :doh: forgetting that I was responding to a post from here.

Anyway I was saying over there:

Yeah, it was hilarious how it took er a few times of Mika asking, and a couple of hours to finally, spontaneously, shout out to him: "Ok, I'll do it!!!:mf_lustslow:". That was too funny for words.

And when he took her on stage and taught her the dance and bowed at her was just :wub2:. We all started shouting and cheering like mad :naughty:. We were there at the front of the stage, just fangurling away. A bit like when he spontaneously started singing One Foot Boy and we all nearly died :fangurl:

Edited by sariflor

Yes, he did initially say (when he asked at the supermarket if we wanted to do some painting) "but you will have to keep it secret until tomorrow" so it was only a time limited silence, but later on inside John put the fear of god in us :lmfao:

He told us that we were there "in stealth" and that we were not to comment on anything, etc... Also we weren't allowed to take any pics inside, so the whole thing was quite secretive, and we just didn't mention it. Also, we just didn't feel comfortable sharing a lot of the little details of the day, as they are not really relevant to anyone but the ones who were there and they're not actually important :wink2:, and some I'm sure we shouldn't talk about, so it was easier to just keep quiet about the whole thing in case we were putting our foot in it.

But as Christine said, now that Mika blabbed himself, we can say that we were there :biggrin2:.

Oh I keep posting things in the Toronto gig report thread instead :doh: forgetting that I was responding to a post from here.

Anyway I was saying over there:

Yeah, it was hilarious how it took er a few times of Mika asking, and a couple of hours to finally, spontaneously, shout out to him: "Ok, I'll do it!!!:mf_lustslow:". That was too funny for words.

And when he took her on stage and taught her the dance and bowed at her was just :wub2:. We all started shouting and cheering like mad :naughty:. We were there at the front of the stage, just fangurling away. A bit like when he spontaneously started singing One Foot Boy and we all nearly died :fangurl:

Well Sara, I still feel like this about a lot of things that happened on that day, so I won't be talking about them in public any time soon.

I was bursting! :aah: My kids thought it was "cool" - especially when I called from my mobile and said "You're not going to believe what I'm doing right now! I've just taken my first break from painting Mika's balls, and we've just watched the sunset outside on the balcony, and he took my hand earlier with the brush and showed me how to apply brush strokes, and he asked me for candy but he didn't want my muddy Rolos and he's rehearsing on stage and he's buying pizza for everyone and a man fell off a ladder and almost landed on Zoots and she's going to be a Big Girl dancer and daddy's been chatting with Mama Penniman all night about who-knows-what, and...."

Then silence on the phone. Hello? You still there?

"That's cool mom" (nonchalantly from 14 year old boy). :aah:

I was bursting! :aah: My kids thought it was "cool" - especially when I called from my mobile and said "You're not going to believe what I'm doing right now! I've just taken my first break from painting Mika's balls, and we've just watched the sunset outside on the balcony, and he took my hand earlier with the brush and showed me how to apply brush strokes, and he asked me for candy but he didn't want my muddy Rolos and he's rehearsing on stage and he's buying pizza for everyone and a man fell off a ladder and almost landed on Zoots and she's going to be a Big Girl dancer and daddy's been chatting with Mama Penniman all night about who-knows-what, and...."

Aww bless, that sounds just like how i would have been on the mobile too !! :teehee: except for my boy is only three and probably would have shouted Mika, Mika I want to speak to Mika !! He is very bossy and is a big fan !! :biggrin2:

Aww bless, that sounds just like how i would have been on the mobile too !! :teehee: except for my boy is only three and probably would have shouted Mika, Mika I want to speak to Mika !! He is very bossy and is a big fan !! :biggrin2:

Haha adorable:wub2:

also the dong dong dong dong of the piano reminds me of a bed creaking. the build up of the song and everything too. haha. it's always been a very sexy song.

yes acctually I now see it this way, no wonder he works himself up into a frenzy by the end of it lol.

naughty but niiiice :das:

You've been bursting to tell for so long :aah:. It was fab though.

Guest whalesfood
yikes :teehee: goes for me too then lol.

i'm just glad i'm not alone on it! hahah. i really love when he does the intro really slow and intense. wooo *fans self* :naughty:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

They make it sound like he was so freakin' broke, the only way to design his stage was to enslave his fans. Poor Mika. :roftl:

Okay so after reading this bit of that article:

I now find I can't look at old performances of Love Today in the same way. I was watching

, and his "innocent" smile during Love Today now looks more like :das: to me.

:roftl:

tell me! tell me! tell me! did he have a whip too? :das:

Edited by guylainem123

I've MQed so many posts I've decided to delete them all... this thread has made my day... I so needed the laugh..

the article is great... really enjoy reading refreshing stuff... :thumb_yello: seems like we're getting more of them lately.. be it tall tales or not.. Mika's stories are fascinating..

About painting Mika's balls..... WOW!!!!! That is the best Mika adventure story EVER!!! Absolutely love it.. absolutely!! Don't like how the press makes him sound so tight though... surely ppl don't buy the budget constraint excuse..... if he can buy pizzas and offer flight tix to ppl.. surely he can hire hands to do the job.. duh.

Love the fact the planets been painted with TLC.... the tour means a whole lot more now..:wub2:

Glad it was you lot that experienced that!!! & not some non-hardcore fans :thumb_yello: but mind you.. Mika wouldn't have asked otherwise anyway..

Thanks for the nice read :biggrin2:

I'm enjoying reading this, but I must admit I'm feeling for people who flew out to north American gigs other than toronto- they must be kicking themselves

SoSi this wasn't some kind of MFC perk. It didn't even happen at a gig. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time (I live within a mile of the venue and the pizza Team Mika ordered came from my local pizzeria.)

The reason we were together is because we are close friends and had been planning to spend the day together regardless of Mika. Even some of our other close friends like Aurelien and Long weren't with us because they had other plans that day.

One of the reasons we were hesitant about discussing this on the board is because we don't want people getting the idea that Mika is going to ask fans to come hang out with him as some kind of perk. He needed our help and we were there. I don't expect it will ever happen again, not even for us.

People are joking around with Mika and the ball painting, but if they seriously start nagging him about this I'm going to regret ever having said anything about it.

SoSi this wasn't some kind of MFC perk. It didn't even happen at a gig. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time (I live within a mile of the venue and the pizza Team Mika ordered came from my local pizzeria.)

The reason we were together is because we are close friends and had been planning to spend the day together regardless of Mika. Even some of our other close friends like Aurelien and Long weren't with us because they had other plans that day.

One of the reasons we were hesitant about discussing this on the board is because we don't want people getting the idea that Mika is going to ask fans to come hang out with him as some kind of perk. He needed our help and we were there. I don't expect it will ever happen again, not even for us.

People are joking around with Mika and the ball painting, but if they seriously start nagging him about this I'm going to regret ever having said anything about it.

well it's HIS fault for blabbing lol :naughty:

I wasn't in any sense nagging- I really don't see why you would think I was. BUT I know other people- Kath, Tiibet, Mellody?- have flown out to the states for gigs, and in their place I'd be wishing I'd chosen this one! It's a perfectly natural reaction. So is dreaming that it- or better- might happen to us one day, but I have NEVER nagged Mika on Twitter or anywhere else and so do not deserve to be reprimanded

I wasn't in any sense nagging- I really don't see why you would think I was. BUT I know other people- Kath, Tiibet, Mellody?- have flown out to the states for gigs, and in their place I'd be wishing I'd chosen this one! It's a perfectly natural reaction. So is dreaming that it- or better- might happen to us one day, but I have NEVER nagged Mika on Twitter or anywhere else and so do not deserve to be reprimanded

i dont think she was saying YOU were nagging in particular, just others.