REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA Hong Kong, HITEC Star Hall Nov 26 2009

Blue Sky

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG u are so sweet Gary (got it right? lol) !!!!!:wub2:

yes, i'm okay now, though i'm missing him so so badly atm. memories are juz flooding back these two days and i find the mika experience reli BITTERSWEET! i feel so lucky for having watched him live and even met him. we dunno when he'll come back or if he'll be back, but this's not a matter now, as we have at least experienced those blissful moments. and i'm so glad that i hv the whole MFC being with me for the whole thing!!!!

sori if this sounds too creepy:blush-anim-cl:

Yes you got it right.

The pics you posted are beautiful.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

None of that sounds creepy.

Enjoy - those things don't happen often in life.

wooot Sui thanks for posting! :D

haha how do you guys find all these interviews ;___;

AND WHY DON'T ANY ENGLISH MAGAZINES INTERVIEW MIKA. D:

like south china morning post. -grumbles-

oh u remind me!

scmp should hv any articles of mika! but there ain't any, this is frustrating :S

• 2 weeks later...
wow! i finally finished my full report!!! it's SO LONG:shocked:

i couldn't believe i've written so many words!!!!!!!!!!

and i'm not sure if anyone would read all........ :boxed:

but anyway, got to post it here as a record.

and plz dun mind sth is repeated as i mentioned it earlier in this thread.

I think it's finally time for me to write my full report telling what exactly was going on during the past few days. A first MIKA gig experience is so valuable that I just hv to make sure I am able to keep record of everything as much as possible. Actually, to me, it's still like dreaming.... Sorry for this lame word/title; but I really have never thought about meeting him so quick!! (Of course, I did fantasy sometimes before, but not at a time like this anyways.) It's like dreaming also coz I think I have sort of fallen into the boy's world incontrollably, and have abandoned any other things in the real world ike school and friends. Yes, this is terrible indeed.

So, the sweetest and realest dream started off on 25th November, when I first met Michael Holbrook Penniman at the Hong Kong International Airport.

Waiting

Never have I been THAT nervous before. I mean, it's not only about hand-shaking and emotions; but I really suspected I'd got a heart disorder as it throbbed at such a strangely irregular fast rate throughout the whole day- or more exactly, the past few days. So, I prepared my gift pack hysterically and whenever he came into my mind, the heart problem popped out and my face turned red immediately. I believe no one actually find out how my mood had changed during those times (Okay I know I have been a bit self-isolated since then) but I just found myself absolutely weird: What was I doing? *boxed*

We didn't really sort out which flight he was on even til the last minute. So, on my way to the airport, besides cutting paper for the MFC banner and texting, I kept daydreaming. And it's also my first time to go to the airport alone at night! It was quiet on the bus, and yes, Hong Kong is beautiful : )

I was a bit relieved when I found from the screen that all the planes from Sydney were going to arrive between 10-10:20p.m. as it was still 8:30p.m. at that time. And then i met Kubi, Sui, Jan and Wai later and we just walked from A-side to B-side, from B-side to A-side, again and again LOL When we started to wait immobilely, time seemd to be slowing down..... Hey! it's nearly 11p.m. He's still not coming out!!! Where are you MIKA??

Okay, he's finally at sight.

Meeting

I wasn't 100% sure it was him when my dear mates informed me, but I still yelled a little! HAHA We then moved the MFC Hong Kong thingy up and down while he was walking... Oh my god! It was strange. It was unreal. And he did not smile when he saw us. I have to confess I was a bit let down by this coz this is not what I've imagined in my mind for thousand times: He was so tired. (Well, I was naive enough to forget he'd been flying in the air for 8hrs and 50mins at that point.)

There were other fans who were not MFCers so the two groups of people just rushed to the end of the passage. And I was lucky enough to be in a good position. He was standing right in front of me!! The first thing I did was to look up (Wow! How tall!) and try to dicipher his face *teehee* But shortly after I'd looked at him for 1 second I guess, people around me had been already pushing stuffs to him to sign!! I didn't understand why they could have such quick response... I mean, when you first meet a person, supposedly you would like to have a look and greet first?? Not to mention it's a man whom you've loved and waited for so long.

While he was still not looking like MIKA, I asked, "Are you very tired?"

"Yes, very tired," he looked up and answered, nodding and smiling. But in my sense, he wasn't really smiling at all... it's like he forced it out in front of fans. And he eyes looked tired.

I tried to continue, "How's your eye?"

"Much better now."

"Oh, great." I spoke in a small voice. He couldn't listened to it. But then I was a bit scared, for fear of saying anything wrong, coz apparently he's not in a good mood. The signing continued and we gave him gifts. His face lit up when he saw a "twist-egg", which contains a Tofu Doll magnet. And since I had actually bought the WHOLE collection of these Tofu magnets for him, I kinda blurted out, "Oh! I've bought you the whole set!" But he ignored me (couldn't listen?) lol

So, the situation continued. I tried to ask him "When will you leave?"..... no response; okay, a 2nd try, "MIKA, when will you leave?"...... I was really discouraged at that point... but then he could listen to my speaking, and so he just leaned towards me a bit and asked, "What?" *blush for me*

"When will you leave?" (take 3)

"Oh, that's a big question....." a pity that I failed to catch the following! But Sui later told me that he said that was "a secret", which turned out to be a real one I can say.

Then it comes to the Snoozer mag issue. Space handed him a Snoozer mag for autograph. he saw the mag and his face lit up, despite how exhausted he was that night!!!

"Oh my god, how did you get this mag?"

we said we bought it from HMV JP on the Internet.

he signed on it and kept on "Oh..."

I asked, "You don't have one?"

"Yes, I don't. They didn't send me." *shook head and looked up* (!!!!!)

I think his eyes met mine at that moment!!! But... I don't know, somehow I just retreated! The eye contact thus lasted for less than a fraction of 1 second I guess ==

"Wow... where are the pictures?" He started to flip the mag and look for himself!!!!! OMG how cute this is!!!! However, just after he turned some pages, a guy urged him to leave. He just had to pass the book back to Space without successfully finding himself out XD

Then Wai suddenly stetched her hand out (I forgot whether she was saying anything) and he shook hands with her; I then followed suit! hehe. The others followed as well. But then a woman asked, "Can I have a hug?" "Sure," he said. And they hugged!!!!!!!! You know what, having a MIKA hug is always on top of my priority list!!!!!! Oh my goodness, so I just said, "I want one as well," in the meantime trying to open my arms to him. BUT the guy urged him again and he suddenly TURNED!! That's why I failed! LOL

Chatting (with Mrs. Penniman)

The whole crowd moved on. I slowed down and was left behind. At first, I tryna speed up and go back to the crowd but I finally gave up. And it was at that point I saw his mum, the lovely Mrs. Penniman, taking her luggages with her and walking slowly after her son. She was alone. Since I always listen to MFCers talking about how nice his mum is, I got up my nerve to ask, "Excuse me, are you Mrs. Penniman?"

"Oh, yes."

So, Kubi and I started to chat with his mum. I told her how "sudden" this Asian Tour is and she agreed. She then said that Hong Kong is a wonderful place. I asked if she or MIKA'd go sightseeing or not. She said, "I don't know. No time for us!"

"Is that only you in the family who come with him on this tour?"

"No, his sister's here."

"Oh, which one? All three?"

"No, just Yasmine!"

"Really? I think I couldn't see her!"

"She is at the front... she went out first."

She kept smiling throughout the conversation! Very nice woman indeed : ) During the escalator, she asked us which one's our favourite song. I said there are a lot and somehow just turned to the EP etc. When we got on the ground, she picked on her luggages from the escalator and then suddenly cried out, "OH MY GOSH! Where's my camera? Oh, where's my camera?" This scared me off since she looked really nervous!! "OMG, they are upright there!" *pointed upwards*

At this moment, Yasmine suddenly (yes, really suddenly!) appeared! (Wow!!!! What a lady!!! She's so so so pretty!!!!!!!!) Mrs. Penniman told her the camera was left at other parts and once Yasmine got it, she swiftly ran up the stairs like a bird!!! I was out of response at that time. And since Mrs. P's luggages were sort of falling, I helped her to keep them balanced.

After some seconds, Yasmine reached the top and then Mrs. P yelled, "Oh! It's here!!"- a piece of string was holding the camera on her neck.

:roftl:

I love them!!!!!

After the camera crisis settled, they went straight to the car, in wich there was already MIKA, sitting and waiting. We said byebye to them, waving at Mrs. P's camera- she was taking pics of us from the car!!!!!!! :D

This is the end of the 1st day and weirdly, I recall how upset I was later on when I was taking bus and home. This is difficult to explain. But anyway, the night was DREAMY: I couldn't believe I'd actually met my man for the 1st time in my life!!!!!!!!

Show Day

It was 26th Novermber, a day which I have been waiting for years to come. Yet, this is not completely a good day coz I had my African Studies 40% final that day (WTF!). I didn't study much the night before as I was completely drown in MFC and the airport frenzy. But anyway, I ****ed it up and finally managed to leave school at 4p.m.

Here, I would like to thank my dearest HK MFCers again!!!!!!! Thank you for your early queuing and consideration!!!!! If it weren't you, I wouldn't be able to get to the FRONT ROW!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! I arrived at the venue and bumped into Yasmine before meeting my friends. Oh my god Yasmine is really really beautiful!! I kept staring at her and hestitating whether to greet or not..... finally I didn't. But she seemed to know that I recognised her, so she gazed back LOL

Okay, here i was, Star Hall. We chatted and took pics with Sui's wonderful cardboards while waiting. The others told me Mrs. Penniman had been here before, asking for 4 big girls. I fantasied a lot about being on stage with Meeks, so personally I'd rather like to hear a recruitment for lollipop girls. *naughty*

Cameraman

Suddenly, I spot a man holding a big camera coming towards us. I was like, "Oh my goodness, would it be Andy?" I looked up and proved I was right. Yes, it's Andy!!!!

So, I yelled, "Hello, Andy?"

"Yes! Is this the end or the beginning of the queue?", he stopped by us and smiled.

"Beginning!!!" we all cried out.

"Wow, beginning! That's cool!"

"Has he arrived?" I asked, of coz the "he" refered to MIKA, he knew that. *teehee*

"Ya! He's been here for around 2 hours."

We then showed him Sui's cardboards and Andy was impressed. He asked if he could flim us or not, "You'll all go on MIKA's website!" We were puzzled..... "MIKA's website! You know that?"

"You mean mikasounds right? Of coz we know.... but......"

"Yup, do ya mind I take some shoots on you?"

"Oh.... yesyesyes!"

But actually, no one understood what was going on at that time, haha. Andy positioned us and he seemed to love the MFC thingy, he asked us to hold it at the front (a pity that it was poorly made) LOL We shouted a little and I said a little....

After he finished shooting us, I asked, "Is this going to be in the video blog?"

"Ya! We are going to do a video blog for each Asian country we've been to."

"Oh, that means one video for Hong Kong, one for Seoul and one for Tokyo?" (excuse me for clumsy my expression lol)

"Yes, coz we've done many in Europe and the US already. It's time for Asia."

"Wow...." I was kinda speechless at that point.

"So, are you excited?"

"Erm... not really, I mean I'm afraid we look too awful in it." XD

*laugh* "No!!! You are not!! That's good."

"I miss the video blogs so much." I sorta ended our conversation by this and Andy continued to film the other fans who are waiting behind us. He was lovely : )

Entering

"Ask your friends who have left to gather here in 5 minutes! We are going to enter the venue!" Some guys appeared and started to yell. People started to rush to the toilet LOL We had our group complete at the last second, hehe.

I think I've been to the venue to watch other shows before, but not a standing one. We were at the FRONT ROW and even more luckily I was at the right centre. (Thanks again, girls!) It is weird to see how the large space is soon packed up with people. Waiting became hard this time. We were too excited and desperate to see him!!!

WOW

The lights went off and Jimmy came out first, then Martin, iMMa, Cherisse.... and finally, Mr. Astronaut! And Relax!!!

I am sorry I am not able to tell how it was like during the gig!! It's all about screaming, dancing, jumping.......... STARING AT HIM AND FOLLOWING EVERY OF HIS MOVEMENT. He was not as "blurred" as he was at the airport. (???) I've watched millions of his performance on dvd/youtube but it was a LIVE back then! He was really singing and dancing right in front of me! Oh my gosh....

Just got to note that there are 2 Chinese lions dancing and a visual showing neon signs in Hong Kong during Love Today;

We waved the "MFC Hong Kong" paper from time to time;

Scraps of paper which i "ate" a lot LOL) flying for Rain and the ending;

He seperated us into 2 sides, one went for "Blame it on the girls" and another side went for "Blame it on the boys" during Blame It On The Girls. (And since I was in the right middle, I was able to sing for both sides! *yay*);

I nearly cried for Happy Ending and I See You.... they were EPIC. We even started the "a little bit love" duet earlier than him *teehee* As for I See You, we pointed to him when it came to the word "YOU" and this just made me emotional: When will I be able to see YOU again? Another 3 years?? *sigh*;

One of the white inflating balls I pushed flew towards the stage during Lollipop and it hit him! hahaha;

He asked us to close our eyes and jump in the end.......

And the gig ended. I didn't know the situation in the sitted balcony but people in the standing area just refused to go at once. We shouted "MIKA!" and "Encore"..... but finally, all lights went on and it was really ended.

"Meet & Greet"

So, me, Winlee, Sui, Jan and Olly were chosen for the Red California "meet & greet". We thought we were so lucky! We then went to the reception counter and someone from Universal HK was going to lead us to the backstage. Actually, at that time, I felt really dizzy..... Jumping up and down non-stop for 1.5 hour was so much for me I guess, not to mention I only had a muffin for lunch (not dinner!) that day ==

Anyway, we were really heading to the backstage! God it was packed with people and Meeks was at the far end. Someone pushed us in and declared, "No autographs! No photos! Only one group pic!" What???? I understand it is difficult to have pics with him at such a cramped place but even autograph was not allowed? *boxed*

But really, only ONE group photo and I was squatting in front of him == And then people started to urge us to leave at once!! Time was running short so I quickly turned to him and asked, "Hey can you see this?" *point to the MFC Hong Kong thingy* "At the front!" I added.

He looked down and saw the folded paper which was already shatted by that time and smiled, "Yes, I saw it." His mesmerising eyes met mine!!! Forgive me for saying that I was a bit melted at that moment as this time, I didn't retreat and it's just indescribable to look into his eyes.

I forgot what I said later on but those people were pushing us outward further. I wanted to hand him the Chinese egg rolls I bought (I guess it's the silliest present ever, thank you.) but I dropped my bag. He bent down a bit and wanted to help me!!! (Though at the end it was another staff who actually picked it up, ugh!) Just during these seconds, I was several people away from him already. I remembered other MFCers and I had no way but just yelled, "MIKA, the others are waiting for you outside!" I was not sure if he could listen to it though.....

But he did. He looked at me and nodded, "Okay."

My oh my! His eyes, again!! And his face was so soothing, I couldn't be more satisfied. *blush*

Goodbye

We waited for him at the carpark and there were other people as well. We first saw the band. I literally screamed when I saw them as I love the MIKA band so so much! It was a pity that we were not allowed to approach them.... But they smiled happily when they saw us and we just kept saying, "Good show!" "Awesome" "Thank you very much!" It was sweet indeed! The silliest thing is when they were getting into the bus, somehow I just shouted, "See ya later!" We all cracked up after my bit coz we know this "later" might mean "years". Awwww

And finally, the boy came out of the lift with Winlee's bear hat (she gave it to him during those seconds at the backstage)!!!! People told us to queue up for autographs. I thought it's a good idea also so I went to the end of the queue with some other MFCers (After all, I've already got one from him at the airport). However, just after he'd signed for some, those guys said it's time to go. But you know what? I am pretty sure Meeks still wanted to sign!!!! Unlike the night before, he looked really happy and willing to talk to us. As long as I remember, he put on things like bracelets given by us immediately and kept saying, "Wow, lovely." "I love it." :D

The Hong Kong guys were really trying to stop him and grab him to the car! So I hurried to the front and handed the Snoozer mag to him. Once again, his face totally lit up when he saw the mag and he signed it. "Can you add my name?" I asked. He didn't answer but wrote a "to" on the cover! Oh! I realised and then spelt my name: H-u-i-k-i-n-g-s

Once he finished, he started to turn the mag (again! XD) I knew he really wanna have a look at it so I clipped his parts beforehand. He really enjoyed looking at his gorgeous pictures: "Wow!" "This's good!" How cute!!!!

I then babbled a bit saying that the mag was sold out and I wanted to keep this one. (This is damn ****!!!!!! The mag is NOT yet sold out!!!! How silly I was!!!!!!! I would give my copy to him if I knew I could purchase another!!!!!!! WTF!! :'( Sorry MIKA) And I even suggested, "You should ask your management to help you get one!"

He heard it and he started to turn around. I guess he was looking for John? And I guess he did want to approach John telling me about the mag BUT Hong Kong guys yelled again, "He should go now! He should go now!"

He didn't want to go, I MEAN IT. He kept turning the mag.

During a pic, I asked, "Were you really jumping at that time?"

He looked up and laughed, "Oh! Yes, I was really jumping!"

*teehee*

Finally, he closed the book, handing it to me and said, "Amazing, thank you." *big big smile*

Oh my god!!!!! This is the sweetest and sincerest "thank you" I've ever heard in my life!!!! He is so so so polite!!!! And yes, it was simply SINCERE. But the important point is that he looked into my eyes AGAIN!!! *swoon*

I went speechless everytime his eyes met mine. And he was about to go after receiving gifts and signing for some while (though he was asked to leave a long time ago XD). He went to the car and we waved goodbye to him.

So, this is the end of my story. But I am missing him so badly now....... I know my dream will continue : )

xxx

:thumb_yello: great report!! I love it thank you!!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...