Important: Should Mika release One Foot Boy?

Marilyn Mastin

I heard 'Rain' on R1 late on Thursday afternoon (Scott Mills show), and my son says he heard it being played on the radio earlier that day too, but he wasn't sure what radio station that was on.

Can't understand why R1 would take it off its playlist??? :confused: If it doesn't get the airplay as a new release then that simply isn't fair. I'll complain to R1 too.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if GK lyrics grabbed people's attention over here at that time. If I remember well at the start I used to sing along having no idea what I was saying. I mean, I knew the melody by heart but not the lyrics at all, I didn't know they were unusual.

I have no idea what the secret remedy would be. I love One Foot Boy as all other songs on the album. But we probably can't "reenact"(?) the success of GK. However, Relax, Big girl etc were hits as well. In my opinion Rain is still the song that sounds much more like a single and a hit for me. I think we just need to let it more time to settle. It's being played more and more on French radios and I have hope it will increase.

Yeah, usually when you hear a song you don't immediately pay attention to the lyrics. Sometimes you can't even understand them, especially if you're not a native english speaker maybe. It's really not so that whenever people hear a song they immediately want to know the lyrics.

I dunno, it also kinda depends on the country. Over here Love Today was kind of a..failure:teehee:, while Relax was #1 for 7 weeks. Also, Big girl was #2 but Happy Ending also didn't do too well.

Right now Rain it's on #24 of the Dutch top 40. It has been in the charts for 5 weeks, and it's gone 2 spots up since last week. It really doesn't get played a lot on the radio and tv though.

Rain is Mika's best chance at a big upbeat single with this album. IMHO, of course.

If Rain doesn't work, he should release one of the ballads. My live recording of I See You is blowing all my other Mika vids out of the water in terms of views on YouTube. Either one or two people are obsessed with that song and keep replaying it (:roftl:) or else people are drawn to it.

I don't think One Foot Boy would be a great single. It's in my top three faves on the album for sure, but it's a bit "weird" - I'm not sure it's what the commercial masses would gravitate to. Then again, I was also surprised when he released Happy Ending, so I don't claim to be an expert. :teehee:

I agree entirely with you.

Well, Happy Ending didn't exactly do too well, wasn't it?

I think "Touches You" would be the best single. It's got the "sexiness" of today's songs and it's also catchy. Win-win.

"One Foot Boy" is one of my favourites, but I don't think it's right for a single.

Agree.

I've got the feeling either Touches you or I See You will be the next single.

I must be the only one who isn't obsessed with I See You though.:blink:

Nah you're not.I kinda tend to skip it nowadays maybe it's cuz it makes me cry !

I don't see One foot boy as a 3rd single at all I'd rather see Touches you or Good gone girl (I have even a scenario for it :naughty:)

Nah you're not.I kinda tend to skip it nowadays maybe it's cuz it makes me cry !

I don't see One foot boy as a 3rd single at all I'd rather see Touches you or Good gone girl (I have even a scenario for it :naughty:)

It doesn't exactly make me cry. It kinda makes me sleepy:lmfao:

Less sleepy than By the time though.

Oh, do you really?:naughty:

It doesn't exactly make me cry. It kinda makes me sleepy:lmfao:

Less sleepy than By the time though.

Oh, do you really?:naughty:

and I have By the time as my alarm clock :roftl:

Yes I imagine Mika playing the piano at the beginning and the video would be taken place in a western country location and the people in it would wear western clothes and would dance while they drink bottles of beer :naughty:

Yes I imagine Mika playing the piano at the beginning and the video would be taken place in a western country location and the people in it would wear western clothes and would dance while they drink bottles of beer :naughty:

By the time as an alarm clock?:naughty:

It would only make me more sleepy. If I could do a Mika song as alarm clock, I'd probably do We Are Golden.:naughty:

Ooh, haha.

I have Pick Up Off The Floor as my alarm :naughty: and I See You as my normal ringtone :aah:

Hey, Rain is 24 in the Dutch top 40, even ahead of Bad Romance:mf_rosetinted:

Stop being so pessimistic!

About OFB. No single material. If I was Mika, which, thank Bob I am not, I would go for either Touches you or I see you. Hit-potential, I smell it from a million miles away:mf_rosetinted:

Hey, Rain is 24 in the Dutch top 40, even ahead of Bad Romance:mf_rosetinted:

Stop being so pessimistic!

About OFB. No single material. If I was Mika, which, thank Bob I am not, I would go for either Touches you or I see you. Hit-potential, I smell it from a million miles away:mf_rosetinted:

I just practically said the same.:naughty:

You know what it is with this album? It has loads of good songs. But it's not mainstream enough, and doesn't have enough single material.

I mean, imagine if One Foot Boy would be a single. We'd love it, but the mainstream crowd wouldn't. It would never be a success.

I just practically said the same.:naughty:

You know what it is with this album? It has loads of good songs. But it's not mainstream enough, and doesn't have enough single material.

I mean, imagine if One Foot Boy would be a single. We'd love it, but the mainstream crowd wouldn't. It would never be a success.

Sweetheart, I read the first post, some random posts, not yours:roftl:

I'm not obsessed with it either. Well, not really. I love it, but it's not the first song I listen to when I play the CD, you know? :naughty:

Rain's a failure?

Does anybody know what the physical sales are? And let's not forget that there have been a lot of strong releases this week.

And he'll never hit the same peak that he did with Grace Kelly - music was a different scene back then. Everything was bland and people were hungry for something different, now you can barely move for all the new and innovative artists on the scene - Gaga, Calvin Harris, Florence and the Machine, La Roux, Paloma Faith (I don't keep up to date with the charts too much, but all of those spring to mind). We had nothing at the beginning of 07, just watered down RnB that all sounded exactly the same. The competition's greater, so obviously everyone's gonna shift down a few places.

Besides, it's a second single, so obviously won't reach number one. Not unless it mega blows up and everybody decides that they have to have it.

I think it's a little harsh to label it as a failure just yet, the official charts haven't even been released.

Stop panicking, everything will be fine.

Rain's a failure?

Does anybody know what the physical sales are? And let's not forget that there have been a lot of strong releases this week.

And he'll never hit the same peak that he did with Grace Kelly - music was a different scene back then. Everything was bland and people were hungry for something different, now you can barely move for all the new and innovative artists on the scene - Gaga, Calvin Harris, Florence and the Machine, La Roux, Paloma Faith (I don't keep up to date with the charts too much, but all of those spring to mind). We had nothing at the beginning of 07, just watered down RnB that all sounded exactly the same. The competition's greater, so obviously everyone's gonna shift down a few places.

Besides, it's a second single, so obviously won't reach number one. Not unless it mega blows up and everybody decides that they have to have it.

I think it's a little harsh to label it as a failure just yet, the official charts haven't even been released.

Stop panicking, everything will be fine.

I really don't want to see Rain failing to make the charts in the UK. But yesterday I went onto iTunes top 100 chart to see for myself where Rain actually is, really really hoping that it would be there. It wasn't even in the top 100 I'm very sad to say.

Iknow iTunes isn't the only retail outlet. There are others online and in the high street. But it still doesn't look too good atm. We'll see later on today if the song is in the official charts.

Ha, that would kinda fit! I've always found GGG reminded me of country:naughty: I think it would be a good single.

Archived