Changes to Mika's German tourdates!

mellody

I don't know how it works in Germany ... but if a venue is changed here the original ticket is still valid for the other venue - it's the same with cancelled dates ... the original ticket with the old date is still valid ... you'll have to check I guess ... but normally it is a logistical nightmare to try and return tickets if the date of the concert is the same :aah:

I can't believe this about the changed venues though ... I feel so sad for him ... he deserves so much to sell out larger venues ... I don't know what's going on :(

Yes I agree with you, it should be like that. But, let's check it though... :sad:

Yes that's exactly what I feel. I don't understand what's gone bad. :boxed:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is that it wasn't me who ordered the tickets, but my mother's friend who lives in Berlin and whose place we'll be staying at during the gig. She ordered the tickets from this site

https://www.hekticket.de/livegigs/.bin/index.cgi?tid=1296821003242000

And she got them the day after. (she sent them to us via post later). So if they send an email saying that there's been changes about the location, it's my mom's friend who should receive it.

Oh, can you please check it for me? I'd be very thankful!!

so far, it doesn't say anything about it on that website... it just generally says you can return the tickets (it's also possible via mail) if a gig is cancelled or the date is changed. i suppose it's like we said, that the tickets remain valid for a changed location, they'd be stupid if they did anything else because it would mean more work for them. :bleh:

just ask your mother's friend in a few days whether she got an e-mail about it; the website looks decent, so i'm quite sure they'll send out mails about the location change. :wink2: maybe it'll just take them a while to send out mails, because of the christmas holidays.

so far, it doesn't say anything about it on that website... it just generally says you can return the tickets (it's also possible via mail) if a gig is cancelled or the date is changed. i suppose it's like we said, that the tickets remain valid for a changed location, they'd be stupid if they did anything else because it would mean more work for them. :bleh:

just ask your mother's friend in a few days whether she got an e-mail about it; the website looks decent, so i'm quite sure they'll send out mails about the location change. :wink2: maybe it'll just take them a while to send out mails, because of the christmas holidays.

Yes, I'll do so, thanks :thumb_yello::flowers2:

it's all changed to venues for about 1.200-1.800 people.

i understand you violet, especially since you didn't have the chance to go to any of the exclusive gigs this year. but tbh, at the moment i'm more sad than happy about the smaller venues, because it means that mika is not doing very well in germany. and i'm wondering how bad it is, whether more gigs apart from leipzig might have to be cancelled. i'm worried. :sad:

That is how I feel exactly.. :emot-sad: It is not the fact that I have everything booked already, as I can have a cool sping holiday in East Germany and enjoy the small venue in Berlin... it is just that there weren't enough people to fill even that small venue in Leipzig... :tears:

Surely, if they aren't sure how to market him, they should look to any of the European counterparts, like Italy, and do photoshoots etc.

I don't think Italy is the best comparison in terms of promotions working well, since there was never more than 1 gig planned for the whole country... It seems that in Germany he is still doing better - though a slightly larger market, too.

I think the problem is that Mika's kept his original fans - the ones who embraced him in the beginning - but has not won over too many new fans in Europe with TBWKTM.

But this kind of levelling out often happens when an artist has a massively successful first album and a less successful follow-up.

The THIRD album is the key!

:sad: .. agrees..

... though I have to add TBWKTM is a good album. It is different from the previous one but not worse. However, I don't think the promotional tools that were planned with it actually worked on any field in any country. :cool:

However, I don't think the promotional tools that were planned with it actually worked on any field in any country. :cool:

Yes, and that's the thing that confuses me the most. He really did everything he could. He did numerous radio performances,smaller shows, bigger shows, photoshootings, interviews, whatever. He still does them. IMO he did much more marketing with this album than he did with LiCM. He's sold nearly 600000 copies of TBWKTM so far, if that Official Sales website is to believe. That makes more than a half of million copies in nearly 4 months,which isn't bad, but if you compare it to the success that LICM had in that period of time - it's just... worse. :boxed:

And you know what 'hurts' me the most? TBWKTM is a GOOD album. It's a VERY good album. It's a brilliant album, infact, at least for me. WAG perhaps wasn't exactly the best solution for the 1st single, but oh well - it did much better than Rain did, which for a was SURE that it'd make a huge boom on charts!! Both videos are very attractive. Both songs are objectively GREAT.

I don't know what has he done wrong. And was it MIKA who did anything wrong. I'm just dissapointed because I believe that TBWKTM deserves much more media attention and fans and better chart positions. :boxed: When I first got the new album I thought:"Damn, this album is gonna do SO good around the world!" - actually, I was pretty convinced it'd do maybe even better than LICM.

Guess I was wrong... and I'm sorry because of that. :sad:

Omg... :boxed: Can't believe that this is happening! I was sure that he'd sell out all gigs. :boxed:

Thank God that Berlin isn't cancelled :sweatdrop:

But, what am I going to do now??? I've got my tickets for Columbia Halle. I didn't order them from Mikasounds but from some German website, and I have those tickets in my hands. How am I going to exchange them for the Huxleys ones?? I'll be in Berlin 2 days before the gig, I think. Shall I go to the Columbia Halle and get the Huxleys ones instead or...?? It is soo awkward that I live in Serbia, not in Germany, so I can't just go to the venue right now and exchange the tickets.

Mellody, do you have any information ticket-wise? Please, help:sad:

I see your point. :sweatdrop: I've just bought my plane ticket. I had a heart attack last night! :aah:

That is how I feel exactly.. :emot-sad: It is not the fact that I have everything booked already, as I can have a cool sping holiday in East Germany and enjoy the small venue in Berlin... it is just that there weren't enough people to fill even that small venue in Leipzig... :tears:

:sad: .. agrees..

... though I have to add TBWKTM is a good album. It is different from the previous one but not worse. However, I don't think the promotional tools that were planned with it actually worked on any field in any country. :cool:

I didn't say TBWKTM was worse than the previous album (in fact I actually prefer it!) - I said it was less successful!!

But I've seen countless situations where an artist's first album is a huge success, then the "let's see what all the fuss is about" people drop away, and just the original core fans buy the second album. From that basis that the artist is then able to build their career and have the freedom to go in whatever direction they choose.

If the core fans had dropped away and not bought the second album, then there would be cause for concern, but I don't see any of us going anywhere any time soon!!!!!

I didn't say TBWKTM was worse than the previous album (in fact I actually prefer it!) - I said it was less successful!!

But I've seen countless situations where an artist's first album is a huge success, then the "let's see what all the fuss is about" people drop away, and just the original core fans buy the second album. From that basis that the artist is then able to build their career and have the freedom to go in whatever direction they choose.

If the core fans had dropped away and not bought the second album, then there would be cause for concern, but I don't see any of us going anywhere any time soon!!!!!

Yes, I know you didn't mean that, I just added that sentence as I wanted to emphasize that in my opinion TBWKTM is a good album and is neither better nor worse than the previous one - just different. In fact, several songs sound more commercial / mainstream than the ones on LICM because of the programming and mixing .. So, I am just baffled why it has not done better so far...

Btw, I have jsut checked album sales for Shakira. It has sold just over 500 000, which is less than TBWKTM and I think they were released at around the same time...

Archived