Changes to Mika's German tourdates!

mellody

ok, before adding this to all the single threads, i'm opening a new one to inform everyone that there are several changes for mika's german tourdates. several shows have been relocated to smaller venues (so looks like the ticket sales aren't going too well :no:) and frankfurt has been changed to wiesbaden (also a smaller venue i think) - which is about 30km from frankfurt.

i have those infos from the marek lieberberg website, the organizer of the german tour: http://www.mlk.com/mika/1037-the_boy_who_knew_too_much_-_tour_2010 - so it should be accurate.

and even worse, on the ticket website eventim, it says that the gig in leipzig is cancelled. :sad: as this isn't on the mlk website, we can't be sure about that yet - i'll try to find out tomorrow whether it's true.

the venue changes are (old --> new)

21.3. frankfurt jahrhunderthalle --> wiesbaden schlachthof

23.3. hamburg colorline arena --> hamburg große freiheit 36

24.3. berlin columbiahalle --> berlin huxleys

30.3. stuttgart schleyerhalle --> stuttgart LKA Longhorn

munich and düsseldorf no changes so far, leipzig we'll see.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, before adding this to all the single threads, i'm opening a new one to inform everyone that there are several changes for mika's german tourdates. several shows have been relocated to smaller venues (so looks like the ticket sales aren't going too well :no:) and frankfurt has been changed to wiesbaden (also a smaller venue i think) - which is about 30km from frankfurt.

i have those infos from the marek lieberberg website, the organizer of the german tour: http://www.mlk.com/mika/1037-the_boy_who_knew_too_much_-_tour_2010 - so it should be accurate.

and even worse, on the ticket website eventim, it says that the gig in leipzig is cancelled. :sad: as this isn't on the mlk website, we can't be sure about that yet - i'll try to find out tomorrow whether it's true.

the venue changes are (old --> new)

21.3. frankfurt jahrhunderthalle --> wiesbaden schlachthof

23.3. hamburg colorline arena --> hamburg große freiheit 36

24.3. berlin columbiahalle --> berlin huxleys

30.3. stuttgart schleyerhalle --> stuttgart LKA Longhorn

munich and düsseldorf no changes so far, leipzig we'll see.

Omg... :boxed: Thank you so much for posting and letting us know mellody!

Poor Mika...and so sorry for all of you German fans :emot-sad:

well, I wouldn't say sorry.

I mean, the smaller the venue...the closer to mika and such.

I know it's sad the venues are smaller, but going from 10000 people to 8000 isn't that big of a deal. He'll be fine =)

I bought my ticket for Leipzig on Eventim and got an email today that the gig is cancelled and that I should send back my ticket. So I think it's true.

I was so happy when I read that Mika would come to my hometown. And now it is cancelled. Thats so unfair 11traurig_04.gif. I was looking forward to the gig soooooooooooo much.

a010.gifa010.gifa010.gif

I bought my ticket for Leipzig on Eventim and got an email today that the gig is cancelled and that I should send back my ticket. So I think it's true.

I was so happy when I read that Mika would come to my hometown. And now it is cancelled. Thats so unfair 11traurig_04.gif. I was looking forward to the gig soooooooooooo much.

a010.gifa010.gifa010.gif

=( that is very sad, can you buy tickets to another gig instead?

Poor Mika...and so sorry for all of you German fans :emot-sad:

Why? I should feel bad for him not getting the response they hoped for from the casual gig goers, and I do.

But seeing the Frankfurt gig being moved to a much smaller venue kinda made my day.

I know it's sad the venues are smaller, but going from 10000 people to 8000 isn't that big of a deal. He'll be fine =)

well, it's from 10.000 to 1.500 and that's quite a big deal in my opinion :(

and Wiesbaden's location is called "Schlachthof" which means abbatoir...

Why? I should feel bad for him not getting the response they hoped for from the casual gig goers, and I do.

But seeing the Frankfurt gig being moved to a much smaller venue kinda made my day.

You're right. I didn't see it like that. I was thinking more about the cancelled gig I guess.

it's all changed to venues for about 1.200-1.800 people.

i understand you violet, especially since you didn't have the chance to go to any of the exclusive gigs this year. but tbh, at the moment i'm more sad than happy about the smaller venues, because it means that mika is not doing very well in germany. and i'm wondering how bad it is, whether more gigs apart from leipzig might have to be cancelled. i'm worried. :sad:

dermoment, thanx for the info. it'll probably be on the mlk website tomorrow then, i guess. :sad:

i understand you violet, especially since you didn't have the chance to go to any of the exclusive gigs this year. but tbh, at the moment i'm more sad than happy about the smaller venues, because it means that mika is not doing very well in germany. and i'm wondering how bad it is, whether more gigs apart from leipzig might have to be cancelled. i'm worried. :sad:

dermoment, thanx for the info. it'll probably be on the mlk website tomorrow then, i guess. :sad:

how many gigs do you have? 4? and now one is cancelled?

Maybe he should've done the same in germany as he did in Holland, 1 gig, a venue which holds about 8000 people. It was sold out within days...

Maybe he should've done the same in germany as he did in Holland, 1 gig, a venue which holds about 8000 people. It was sold out within days...

I agree with you, tho, you can't really compare Holland, Belgium or Lux to Germany in terms of size :huh: So I understand there are more shows over there.

Either way, I'm looking forward to them :thumb_yello:

I'm sad about Leipzig, too - is it true that it's cancelled? :boxed: I specifically chose to go to that one because it was one of the smallest venues.

And of course it does leave me with a bad feeling about Mika not having the success they expected in Germany. I really really want him to be successful everywhere because he deserves everything, everything positive one can experience. Words can't describe how much I want him to have everything he wants because he did so much for me without even knowing.

i'm not worried about me missing the leipzig gig - if germany got cancelled completely, i'd just go to the uk or elsewhere. :naughty: but i want mika to be successful in my country. obviously in holland mika could've done several more gigs, as amsterdam was one of the first (or THE first) gigs of the tour that was sold out completely.

i'm worried because the german record label don't seem to care and aren't doing much promo for mika. i'm worried because tbwktm was in the german top100 only for 6 weeks (as opposed to 60 weeks for licm). i'm worried because the german release of "rain" has been postponed several times. and now here we get the result of all this, gigs starting to get cancelled or relocated to smaller venues - smaller than on his last german tour in 2007. it's not funny. :sad:

a010.gifa010.gifa010.gif

awww thats sad , i's so sorry for you

i'm not worried about me missing the leipzig gig - if germany got cancelled completely, i'd just go to the uk or elsewhere. :naughty: but i want mika to be successful in my country. obviously in holland mika could've done several more gigs, as amsterdam was one of the first (or THE first) gigs of the tour that was sold out completely.

i'm worried because the german record label don't seem to care and aren't doing much promo for mika. i'm worried because tbwktm was in the german top100 only for 6 weeks (as opposed to 60 weeks for licm). i'm worried because the german release of "rain" has been postponed several times. and now here we get the result of all this, gigs starting to get cancelled or relocated to smaller venues - smaller than on his last german tour in 2007. it's not funny. :sad:

Could this be why he's now announced this new date in Milan?

Oh what terrible news. I´m in fear he will refuse to do Germany in future tours. I´m excited what will happen with the Munich gig. So sorry for the people who wanted to go to Leipzig. I´m nearly crying now :shocked:

Thinking about it a bit more, it even makes me sadder because of all the fantastic promo stuff he did over here.

well the promo was fantastic for us, but it was certainly not enough/not ideal for his publicity in gremany. he did the 3 radio-gigs - one of them in munich, it was on the radio, and surely a good promo in bavaria, the munich gig isn't relocated. :bleh: one in BW for swr3 - was that gig even on the radio? i know there was the web streaming, but seriously, who watches that except for fans? hopefully some ppl will see it on tv in january. and there was hanover, which was only on local tv+radio, and not the gig like in munich, but on that radio station it was just a 5min interview!

no promo in berlin and frankfurt and the rest of germany, or anything that you could hear/watch in the whole country, like tv, and the last magazine stuff was in summer. :no:

Archived