Wouter Hamel

Chicken

It was a lovely evening! Wouter and his band performed live, but only had the bass and a piano. Their car wouldn't start, so the came by train. It was a very cold and snowy day that day! many people had dificulties coming to the venue! We too had to go by train. And didn't catch the train who could bring us to the station near our house. So we ended up on a station 40 minutes from the right one! We had to catch a taxi.

The piano belonged to the theater. The drummer played on a cardboard box and Wouter sang without a microphone. It sounded soooo great!

The dvd was great to see! An inside peek in to Wouters world!

If you like I can order a DVD for you! Then you'll be one of the first outside the netherlands!

I was told that the DVD version that is now on sale as no english subtitles and my dutch is not so good:naughty: There's supposed to have an international version soon (at least that was I was told by his management:mf_rosetinted:)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the DVD version that is now on sale as no english subtitles and my dutch is not so good:naughty:

Oops, didn't realize that! And didn't notice either!

Just read the text I wrote about the DVD evening in Rotterdam! Made many mistakes and it's a bit , how do I say that in English? I wrote to fast without checking, and it's not always clear what I'm talking about, I'm afraid! Sorry! :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
:thumb_yello: I really like him (and we share the same family name, that's how I got to listen to him, I saw this post and was wondering who could this be):biggrin2:

Today on twitter:

Pre- Announcement: On 1-1-11 the Official @Hamelmusic Fanclub will come ONLINE. Link will follow later. Spread the word...

• 2 weeks later...

I know I promessed to post the link on January 1. But internet wasn't working at my holiday adress!

So now is the moment:

The internet link to the Official Wouter Hamel Fanclub:

http://hamelfanclub.com/forum/index.php

Just go there and have a look around, have fun and meet other Wouter Hamel fans from around the world! And to make it a big succes: spread the word where ever you can!

• 8 months later...

Last night I've been to the release party of the new album of Wouter Hamel, Logengrin!

At first there was a lovely signingsession at Fame, a very large record store in Amsterdam. There he performed 3 songs of the new album. It was more or less a small private gig for his fanclub. Very nice, very intimate!

WouterinFame22sept2011.jpg

Wouter Hamel and band in recordshop Fame, Amsterdam Sept.22 2011

After that we went to a small theater in Amsterdam, where he presented his new album to a larger audience. Walking to the theater we followed a couple of his bandmembers! They walked, with instrument through the streets. It was only a short walk of about 5 minutes! :lol: After the presentation he and his band played all the songs of the new album. Must say I can't find any bad song on this album. Every song is a little jem!

My favourites are Kings and Queens and Little boy lost!

Wouterbijreleaseparty22sept20112.jpg

Wouterbijreleaseparty22sept2011.jpg

After the gig Wouter and his band stood behind a table to sign the new CD's for all who wanted it signed!

I was wearing my special gig shoes, on one of them I have the signature of Mika. When it was my turn, I had the chance of having a little talk with him.

At first I told him there was something with Little boy lost! Everytime I hear that song tears roll down from my eyes! At first he startled a bit, but then realised what I had said, and he smiled. What really surprised me was the fact he knew my internetname. When signing my CD he asked what name he should write on it, Jojotje or my real name!

At last I asked him if he would be willing to put his signature on my other shoe. I said, well, Mika has your album, now you two can be together on my shoes! And so he did! Was very happy with the endresult! :biggrin2:

schoenen.jpg

Edited by Jojotje

Thank you for your report! :thumb_yello:

Sounds like an amazing evening!!! I considered travelling for that to Dammy, too (after all it WAS a special day :wink2:), but my trip to Traisen where Wouter and his band performed two weeks ago wasn't that good for my lovely bank account :naughty: So anyways, I couldn't be there unfortunately. I was there in spirit though. How many people were there at the theatre approximately?

But at least I know since this morning that my order of "Lohengrin" at bol.nl was succesful as it was posted today. Can't wait!

So far my favourite track on the album is the title song "Lohengrin" (beautiful lyrics!) and I also love "Skimming the skies".

I haven't seen videos of the evening yet on yt. Do you know if anybody filmed?

Oh, and your shoes DO look good! I'd say never gona be wearing them again :teehee:

Thank you for your report! :thumb_yello:

Sounds like an amazing evening!!! I considered travelling for that to Dammy, too (after all it WAS a special day :wink2:), but my trip to Traisen where Wouter and his band performed two weeks ago wasn't that good for my lovely bank account :naughty: So anyways, I couldn't be there unfortunately. I was there in spirit though. How many people were there at the theatre approximately?

But at least I know since this morning that my order of "Lohengrin" at bol.nl was succesful as it was posted today. Can't wait!

So far my favourite track on the album is the title song "Lohengrin" (beautiful lyrics!) and I also love "Skimming the skies".

I haven't seen videos of the evening yet on yt. Do you know if anybody filmed?

Oh, and your shoes DO look good! I'd say never gona be wearing them again :teehee:

Haha, yes, I got the digital one too this morning! With the bonustrack Toulon! That's not on the CD!

I'd guess there were about 200-250 people in the theatre! Nice and small, and very full! :biggrin2:

And yes, there are vids of yesterday night, but they can be seen on the Hamelfans Facebook. Are you on Facebook? Maybe I can ad you, so you can see all the vids too?

Last night I've been to the release party of the new album of Wouter Hamel, Logengrin!

Thanks for the recap! I so hope to see Wouter in person one of these

days! :wub2:

And I can't wait for the new CD, although I guess I have to wait a while

yet. Wouter said I'd be able to get from Amazon, but it's not there yet...

so I might have to see if I can order from the UK -- I'm too impatient for it!

Thanks for the recap! I so hope to see Wouter in person one of these

days! :wub2:

And I can't wait for the new CD, although I guess I have to wait a while

yet. Wouter said I'd be able to get from Amazon, but it's not there yet...

so I might have to see if I can order from the UK -- I'm too impatient for it!

I'm in the same situation. Did you notice we ask him the same thing the same day?:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...