Wouter Hamel

Chicken

I'm so excited to see so many mfc'ers are going =)

I went to hamel's gig yesterday and I have to wait nearly a month before I can go again, so I kinda envy you all for seeing him this Wednesday :wub2:

i've heard there's space for 100 people but 600/700 people wanted to have tickets.. so that's a good thing :teehee:

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m back ! :biggrin2:

What should I say :teehee: ...

very cute guy, great voice and a fantastic band!!!

I had a wonderful evening and enjoyed every minute!

After the concert we talk with him, such a nice guy.

He has a new Fan now :fangurl:

Edited by Tina78

not just one new fan, tina. ;-p

fantastic gig, really! he played for 1,5 hours, i never would've thought that! - had been to another amazon newcomer gig before, last year, and they had played for only 30 minutes or so. so that was a nice surprise. :wub2:

i felt a bit weird in the beginning, since it was all so small, mfc was front row center (how could we not, lol! :roftl:), and so wouter was standing right in front of me. if it had been mika, that wouldn't have been a problem at all, but i had never seen wouter in my life before, hardly know the chorus of 3 of his songs, and the first song was a slow one that i had never heard before, so i couldn't dance/clap either. so i just stood there, ca. 50cm away from wouter, didn't dare to take pix, didn't know what to do with my hands or where to look - lol! :naughty: but that feeling was soon gone, he's such a sweet, natural guy, talked a lot between songs, and also soon the songs became more danceable too. :-D

"in between" is such a fab song, and i still have it stuck in my head. i really need to get that album. :-D and all the other songs were fantastic too, and you could see/feel that wouter and his band had a lot of fun on stage. talking about the band, the keyboarder and the drummer are kinda hot... :das::naughty: though totally different types, the keyboarder looks like some boyband member, and the drummer is very thin+tall. *g* can someone tell me their names please? i didn't understand it when wouter introduced them.

anyway, i took some pix+videos, but can't upload it all now, since my PC is on strike... using my notebook now, and everything's rather slow on here. uploaded 2 of the pix on twitter though, here they are:

lip biting *g* http://twitpic.com/1rcut3

my pic with wouter http://twitpic.com/1rcvnl :-D

btw, how can he look so young, he's only 1 year younger than me! :aah: he looks like 22 or so!

after the show, we went to the toilet and when we came back, wouter and his band were in the club again, packing the instruments. well, the band was packing, wouter was chatting+signing+taking pix. so we took our chance too. i let him sign my lottery ticket, since that was the only piece of paper i had with me, lol! marion told him that we were from mfc, and he said, oh yeah, i've heard they abused the mika newsletter. :lmao: i said something like ah ok, so you know and he said, yeah, he heard it from some dutch fans, and i mentioned linde, and he immediately knew who i was talking about and said yeah (that he had heard about the newsletter thing from her). :naughty: we told him that we really enjoyed the show, and asked whether he'd come back to germany soon, and he said maybe a club tour at the end of the year... but the way he said it, it sounded like it depends on the sales in germany whether they'll do that.

i also told him that i really like "in between", and he said it's one of his faves too. :-)

oh, and i asked him what his first single in germany would be/is, and he had to ask a guy from the record company about that. :teehee: but he really did that, although i had already said, nevermind, i'll look it up online - he's so sweet and natural and relaxed and down to earth, aww! :wub2:

after chatting with him, we stayed in the club a little longer, and watched wouter taking some press pictures with a girl (dunno who she was, maybe a competition winner) - that was really funny, at one point the photographer told wouter to put his arm around the girl and wouter was like :blink: in some way, and looked at us (we were sitting nearby) like "omg what will he ask next?!" (jokingly) - i guess that was because of the way the photographer had said it, it was a bit like :das: - lol! :-D

alright, off to bed now... hope i can get my pc to work again tomorrow, so i can upload the pix+vids. ;-)

I´m back ! :biggrin2:

What should I say :teehee: ...

I had a wonderful evening and enjoyed every minute!

After the concert we talk with him, such a nice guy.

Ah, I knew it! :biggrin2:

Great to hear you enjoyed it, didn't expect anything else :teehee:

not just one new fan, tina.

fantastic gig, really! he played for 1,5 hours, i never would've thought that! - had been to another amazon newcomer gig before, last year, and they had played for only 30 minutes or so. so that was a nice surprise.

i felt a bit weird in the beginning, since it was all so small, mfc was front row center (how could we not, lol! :roftl:), and so wouter was standing right in front of me. if it had been mika, that wouldn't have been a problem at all, but i had never seen wouter in my life before, hardly know the chorus of 3 of his songs, and the first song was a slow one that i had never heard before, so i couldn't dance/clap either. so i just stood there, ca. 50cm away from wouter, didn't dare to take pix, didn't know what to do with my hands or where to look - lol! but that feeling was soon gone, he's such a sweet, natural guy, talked a lot between songs, and also soon the songs became more danceable too.

I think it was '

'?

"in between" is such a fab song, and i still have it stuck in my head. i really need to get that album. and all the other songs were fantastic too, and you could see/feel that wouter and his band had a lot of fun on stage. talking about the band, the keyboarder and the drummer are kinda hot... though totally different types, the keyboarder looks like some boyband member, and the drummer is very thin+tall. *g* can someone tell me their names please? i didn't understand it when wouter introduced them.

mmm, I''m doubting which drummer you're talking about :teehee:

This one, 'Jasper van Hulten' or This one. 'Mark Schilders' ..?

EDIT: I just saw a video, and the drummer is Jasper =)

And 'the keyboarder' is 'Pieter de Graaf' 'some boyband member' haha :naughty:

anyway, i took some pix+videos, but can't upload it all now, since my PC is on strike... using my notebook now, and everything's rather slow on here. uploaded 2 of the pix on twitter though, here they are:

lip biting *g* http://twitpic.com/1rcut3

my pic with wouter http://twitpic.com/1rcvnl :-D

btw, how can he look so young, he's only 1 year younger than me! he looks like 22 or so!

Great picture! very nice :thumb_yello:

I love your report btw, you're making me wayyy excited.

after the show, we went to the toilet and when we came back, wouter and his band were in the club again, packing the instruments. well, the band was packing, wouter was chatting+signing+taking pix.

so we took our chance too. i let him sign my lottery ticket, since that was the only piece of paper i had with me, lol! marion told him that we were from mfc, and he said, oh yeah, i've heard they abused the mika newsletter. :lmao: i said something like ah ok, so you know and he said, yeah, he heard it from some dutch fans, and i mentioned linde, and he immediately knew who i was talking about and said yeah (that he had heard about the newsletter thing from her). we told him that we really enjoyed the show, and asked whether he'd come back to germany soon, and he said maybe a club tour at the end of the year... but the way he said it, it sounded like it depends on the sales in germany whether they'll do that.

i also told him that i really like "in between", and he said it's one of his faves too. :-)

oh, and i asked him what his first single in germany would be/is, and he had to ask a guy from the record company about that. but he really did that, although i had already said, nevermind, i'll look it up online - he's so sweet and natural and relaxed and down to earth, aww! :wub2:

mm, I didn't tell him tho. I only posted it on fb, but i didn't expect him with 2500+ friend to actually care about all the stuff that flies by..

He issssss, really. And one day I'll tell him that, it sounds like you talked more to him that one time you saw him, than me...and I saw him more than 15 times already. Everytime I see him I'm acting all fangirly :fangurl: #lame

after chatting with him, we stayed in the club a little longer, and watched wouter taking some press pictures with a girl (dunno who she was, maybe a competition winner) - that was really funny, at one point the photographer told wouter to put his arm around the girl and wouter was like :blink: in some way, and looked at us (we were sitting nearby) like "omg what will he ask next?!" (jokingly) - i guess that was because of the way the photographer had said it, it was a bit like :das: - lol! :-D

alright, off to bed now... hope i can get my pc to work again tomorrow, so i can upload the pix+vids. ;-)

great report, I'm so glad you liked it.

hope to see some pictures/videos soon! :biggrin2:

I was trying to make it very clear what your text was and what was mine, sorry if I'm confusing you =D

Edited by lindemfc

What should I say

I couldn't agree more with you! Such an amazing gig! :wub2:

So happy I got the chance to have such an amazing evening.

I loved the location, loved the songs, the band, Wouter, I was with my friends, front row centre spot - everything was perfect!

count me in :wink2:

seemed to me that everyone in the audience was having a good time. in the end everyone was grooving along :biggrin2:

fantastic gig, really! he played for 1,5 hours, i never would've thought that!

me neither! wouldn't have minded the gig at all to last even longer :wub2:

Wouter was really chatty. Loved all the little stories inbetween the songs! He even tried to say a few things in German which was kinda cute :aah:

the atmosphere at this gig was very realxed and as mellody already told you - after a short phase of "familiarisation" we happily swayed and grooved along - which was a lot of fun.

Loved all the clapping and singing along parts.

can't upload my vids atm, ccan't remeber where I put the camera cord :teehee: But I just showed them to my mum and she thinks he's really good, too! Her comment on my pic with Wouter was "Awww, he's a cute guy!" lol (but totally true of course :wink2:)

http://twitpic.com/1rcut3

http://twitpic.com/1rcvnl

Great pix, Karin!

looking forwards to seeing the rest!

The M&G afterwards was very chilled, too. It was lovely to talk to him. When I told him that we're from the MFC he immediatelly knew about the Mika newsletter being all about him. But I told him (jokingly) that it was for the good cause - so that was alright lol (But non-jokingly that really was how I learnt about that amazon gig and the possibility to win tickets)

Whem Mellody mentioned Linde, he said s.th. like "Oh yes, you MUST know Linde!" :biggrin2: He told us he would probably do a club tour in Germany in the end of this year (if the sales of the CD are going well enough). I really hope so!!! Would be great!

I agree with mellody & Tina, he's really down-to-earth, and lovely. He really asked the guy from universal Germany himself what the first single is gonna be in Germany since he couldn't remeber which song was chose in the end...If I remeber correctly it's gonna be "Don't ask" now (instead of "Once in a lifetime"?) And he also said that he thinks it's gonna be played alright on German radio.

after chatting with him, we stayed in the club a little longer, and watched wouter taking some press pictures with a girl (dunno who she was, maybe a competition winner) - that was really funny, at one point the photographer told wouter to put his arm around the girl and wouter was like :blink: in some way, and looked at us (we were sitting nearby) like "omg what will he ask next?!" (jokingly) - i guess that was because of the way the photographer had said it, it was a bit like :das: - lol!

loved this scene. really funny and a great end to yesterday's evening!

Ah, I knew it! :biggrin2:

Great to hear you enjoyed it, didn't expect anything else

yeah, it was GREAT GREAT GREAT! and all because you decided to infect Mika with the Wouter virus and make him tweet about this talented guy! Thank you!

Great videos, Tina! The other vids posted on yt so far are also great! will help me to remember the gig even better!

edit: Karin, I just remembered that you took a pic of the setlist. Could you please post it on here once your computer starts working again?! thank you.

Edited by mariposa

looks like it won't be that easy with my computer, probably gonna have to install windows again - anyway i HOPE that helps and it's nothing worse than that... :aah: gonna do that tonight.

marion, of course i'll post the pic of the setlist as well. :wink2: btw, sth else i remembered, there were 3 songs on the setlist as an encore, "make my day", which was written in brackets... then the 2nd was "filthy mcnasty", and the 3rd "farewell". he first played make my day, and then asked the audience which of the other 2 he should play... and of course got "both!" as an answer. :naughty: so he said ok, but i warn you, the 2nd song lasts about 12 minutes! but then, after playing "filthy mcnasty", he decided he wouldn't play the other song anymore and they left. it was ok for me though, it was a good & long gig like it was. :thumb_yello:

and something else i forgot to mention... i guess i should change my profession and become a german translator/teacher for popstars. :mf_rosetinted: i already helped mika with his german on stage a few times, and yesterday, wouter stuck his microphone in my face and asked me what "we're gonna play our last song" means in german. :aah: that was really sweet, and of course i didn't mind at all helping him, but in the first second i was like :blink::shocked::blush-anim-cl::aah: - lol! :naughty:

here's the album with all my pix from the gig: http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/mellody76/Wouter%20Hamel/

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

and the mfc girls after the gig...

IMG_1547.jpg

I love your pix, Karin! :groupwave:

Thanx for uploading!!

Will have to wait until Sunday to upload my vids...

We did look happy after the gig :)

And thanks for the setlist! Do you remeber what song Wouter used the megaphone? One girl asked me on youtube and I don't remember.

Edited by mariposa

I love your pix, Karin! :groupwave:

Thanx for uploading!!

Will have to wait until Sunday to upload my vids...

We did look happy after the gig :)

yeah, i have some videos too... but atm, my notebook already seems a bit overstrained with being used all day long, so i don't think i should give it the rest by converting & uploading videos. :naughty:

I finally managed to upload my first video of last week's amazon showcase.

Will update this post with my other vids...

- One of my fave Wouter songs :wub2: It's just perfect!

And I love the introduction to the song :naughty:

Wouter Hamel - Useless fraud

- part of Make my day

- part of Filthy McNasty + band introduction

@mellody: Where are your vids???

Edited by mariposa

- part of Make my day (quality still improving)

Thanks,

I've posted Useless Fraud on on twitter :thumb_yello:

- part of Make my day

- part of Filthy McNasty + band introduction

@mellody: Where are your vids???

i hoped i could get my pc to work again and convert/upload them then, since it's much faster than my notebook... :aah: but doesn't look too good with the pc atm. will give it a last try tomorrow but if it doesn't work i'll have to buy a new hard disk & have no money for that atm. in this case i'll do the videos on the notebook then. :wink2:

thanx for posting yours! :wub2: