*Official Sammy Rae Fan Club*

HollyD

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait....really?!?!? On what??!?!

I cant even handle how amazing all of you MFC'ers are :)

The teacher gave a few of us 20 minutes to talk about something we had found on youtube, something we loved and we had to persuade others to like it too .... and it made me think of your music!

I had loads of people asking me for your username over and over :naughty:

They love you too!

Ahh, sorted! Many thanks! :)

welcome :pinkbow:

Wow....I cant tell you how happy this makes me :)

You are all so sweet I cant even tell you. This thread really lets me know that so many of you are concerned about my journey and enjoy what Im doing.

Youre all incredible, and visisiting this thread always brightens my day. :D

Two new songs done, one in the works. That makes three, which means a release.

I promise, im coming back you guys.....give me some time. Im sorry for the delay.

I love you all!

:wub2:

Can't wait for the new songs :aah: a release ... :yay::boing:

Wow....I cant tell you how happy this makes me :)

You are all so sweet I cant even tell you. This thread really lets me know that so many of you are concerned about my journey and enjoy what Im doing.

Youre all incredible, and visisiting this thread always brightens my day. :D

Two new songs done, one in the works. That makes three, which means a release.

I promise, im coming back you guys.....give me some time. Im sorry for the delay.

I love you all!

Aaaahhhh Sammy, yay! We brighten your day! :clap:

- - - can't wait for the new songs!!!!! :aah:

• 3 weeks later...
So excited about the new songs!!! Also about the gig at The Space later - good luck, and will you be posting videos of it? I can't go, but would love to... :(

Hey everybody! So....tonight it my biggest gig yet. Were expecting an insane amount of people, possibly a sell out.

Heres my setlist, dont share it with anyone over the pond who might be coming :):teehee:

1. Oh

2. Happy July

3. Quality Cardboard*

4. Jackson Pollock

5. Twisted Emerald City

6. A Pirate’s Song*

7. Guess Who Doesn’t Like You Very Much

8. Vertigo*

9. Hello

10. Blast Off

11. Mr. Sprocket

I will be posting video , but not all of them. Most likely just the new ones :)

Hey everybody! So....tonight it my biggest gig yet. Were expecting an insane amount of people, possibly a sell out.

Heres my setlist, dont share it with anyone over the pond who might be coming :):teehee:

1. Oh

2. Happy July

3. Quality Cardboard*

4. Jackson Pollock

5. Twisted Emerald City

6. A Pirate’s Song*

8. Vertigo*

9. Hello

10. Blast Off

11. Mr. Sprocket

It sounds amazing, Sammy! I hoope you have a great time! :wub2:

1. Oh

2. Happy July

3. Quality Cardboard*

4. Jackson Pollock

5. Twisted Emerald City

6. A Pirate’s Song*

8. Vertigo*

9. Hello

10. Blast Off

11. Mr. Sprocket

I actually definitely looked up plane tickets for today, but it didn't work out ... this time! :wink2:

Have and AMAZING time, and gurl .. you'll rock it. :naughty:

1. Oh

2. Happy July

3. Quality Cardboard*

4. Jackson Pollock

5. Twisted Emerald City

6. A Pirate’s Song*

8. Vertigo*

9. Hello

10. Blast Off

11. Mr. Sprocket

Aahhhh you are doing my fave song!!!!!! :aah: I can't wait to see you performing LIVE someday!!!! . . . me and Kira on our 'road trip' :drive:

Aahhhh you are doing my fave song!!!!!! :aah: I can't wait to see you performing LIVE someday!!!! . . . me and Kira on our 'road trip' :drive:

Yes yes yes! You laugh but it will happen! :roftl:

1. Oh

2. Happy July

3. Quality Cardboard*

4. Jackson Pollock

5. Twisted Emerald City

6. A Pirate’s Song*

8. Vertigo*

9. Hello

10. Blast Off

11. Mr. Sprocket

OMGOMGOMG!!! I NEEEEED to move to the States :roftl: thank you Sammy! Hope the gig went well!

I quote Meeks in Vertigo....One of his interviews about Blue Eyes.

Did anyone pick up on it? I was like....shout out to the obsessed MFCER's I so love ;)

Ohhh yeah :) I hadn't watched that interview before... it's a good one (but not as good as Vertigo) On a related note, is the "Relax and take it easy for a while" in Awkward related to Meeks? :biggrin2:

Also, do you have any more Sammy Rae Stickers? I'd love to have some, but thought they might have all gone :(

Also also, d'you think you'll be posting "studio" versions of the new songs? I can't hear them very well :) Thanks

• 1 month later...
It's so great that you're doing this well. Your voice sound so much more mature live too! Good luck with everything. Don't stop writing awesome songs. :wub2:

Agreed - Sammy is EXCELLENT live!!! Which makes me very nervous, as I'm gonna be covering Happy July at a gig next month. Ohhhhh scared scared scared (I always mess up the piano. EVERY time, without fail, same place :( D'oh!)

Are any more gigs in the offing? (Word? Not a word? Whatever) :biggrin2: x

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

Just talked it up with a good friend of mine Kenny, a great guitarist, who I will be taking into the studio in the coming months, to record my next official single "Mr. Sprocket" !

Soon to be followed by "Happy July"

What can you expect from the two?

Happy July- Its still up in the air whether or not I am bringing in strings. This is definitly going to be a toned-down song, very airy, most likely just the piano and light drums.

Mr. Sprocket- Its going to be ridiculous ;) Oh the plans I have for this song..... crazy piano slides all over, my friend Dave has written a great sleezy, seductive drum beat, and either a trumpeteer or yours truly on ridiculous mouth trumpet :) What were going for will almost invoke early 1940's gangster, or even secret agent imagery.

Also happy to say that The Thing and The Profesisonals was selected to be in a short film "The Autie Project", a documentary about children with Autism. To learn more about "The Autie Project: The Story of A Thing Without A Name", where you can see it once it is finished, and how my song is playing into the story line, check out the facebook link below!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-Autie-Project/193840626875#!/pages/the-Autie-Project/193840626875?v=wall

Thanks for all your support everyone, and Ill be sure to keep you posted on whats coming up next!