Blame it on the girls Global Dance Event

IngievV

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wondering if it would be a good idea to start a North Western thread for people in the North West, so we could arrange things like this, of even get-togethers, or meet ups at gigs. A couple of years ago I did put feelers out, and asked if we had any Manchester fans who wanted to start our local section of the club, but I had no response to it at the time.

I don't want to do open a North Western thread, if there is no interest.

So if three or more people pm me to say they would like to start a North Western Cell, I'll open a thread. If not, then I won't.

Manchester isn't on the list for the flashmob yet anyway.

It sounds like that to me. We discussed something like this on the UK promotion of Mika thread, and I also suggested doing a flash mob in Manchester before the actual gig, but I don't think many people were keen on the idea.

The problem is that, for it to be effective as a promotion tool, there needs to ba a lot of people involved, also posters so that passers by, or people viewing the video, know straight away who we are promoting.

I have a walking stick so I can't dance, but I'd be happy to go and make up the numbers if we have a Manchester mob. I could certainly do some kind of poster.

No posters, that would take away the surprise if we started dancing.

Add Uruguay to the list!!!!!! me and some friends are willing to dance it here in Montevideo!!!!!!!:boing:

Awesome!

Hey guys!

What a brilliant idea! I'd love to do it in London on the 13th of March but I'll definitely have to go to work then:boxed:

I have another idea instead - why don't we record the London version before the Hammersmith gig on the 28th Feb?! And what a great way of spending time in the queue!!!

Let me know! Wow, I'm really excited now!

No! Don't do it before gigs! We want the video to be a surprise for Mika etc. so if you do it before gigs, he might get aware of it, which is something we don't want, all on March 13, that's the whole idea.

Ingiev, you can put Mallorca on the list cos I can't go to Madrid, I will do it with some friends :thumb_yello:

Awesome!:biggrin2:

Did you see the amazing flash mob of Black Eyes Peas 's audience in Chicago: look at the video, i was on my ass, it's so fantastic!!!

the choregraphy was on the net only for people who were there to participate and it's realy easy;

i was hoping we could do a sort of flah mob for Mika, a Mws member gac=ve the idea, but it means a real will , and a lot of space to "dance"!!!

I Saw that too! Apparently my teachers son was downtown that day and he was there, but didn't join in. Idiot (that's what she thought, my teacher)

So, let's make a list of all countries/people who want to be involved. If you want to join in, get a group together and tell me that you're in. Ofcourse when you do it alone, also let me know, but it would be best if we had (large) groups joining!

Are we doing it by City?

I think it would be good if every country/city would have a leader to lead the group to awesomeness:mf_rosetinted:

Ooohhhh! I'm probably the only person in my actual city who is a member here... though the big city (my hometown) about 40 miles away from here has tons. The problem is meeting up with people that day without my family thinking I'm nuts... especially that far away...

If only it happened after my birthday (18) and/or I had my drivers license...

It sounds like that to me. We discussed something like this on the UK promotion of Mika thread, and I also suggested doing a flash mob in Manchester before the actual gig, but I don't think many people were keen on the idea.

The problem is that, for it to be effective as a promotion tool, there needs to ba a lot of people involved, also posters so that passers by, or people viewing the video, know straight away who we are promoting.

I have a walking stick so I can't dance, but I'd be happy to go and make up the numbers if we have a Manchester mob. I could certainly do some kind of poster.

I remember that talking on the thread.

I don't know in the UK but in Spain Facebook is an amazing promotional social site :naughty:

BRILLIANT!! We should make a facebook event about it! Possibly for different city's and/or a main page.

What time is this going to be at so I can convert to the time here? If it's to early or late I can't do it. And maybe we should consider for those who have timezone issues to be able to do it at another time?

Even though my chances are slim of being able to do this, I'm so excited :bounce: I'm even planning my outfit!

Suspenders (Possibly), My Mika heart bracelet (Once I get it)....

Are we doing it by City?

Ooohhhh! I'm probably the only person in my actual city who is a member here... though the big city (my hometown) about 40 miles away from here has tons. The problem is meeting up with people that day without my family thinking I'm nuts... especially that far away...

If only it happened after my birthday (18) and/or I had my drivers license...

I remember that talking on the thread.

BRILLIANT!! We should make a facebook event about it! Possibly for different city's and/or a main page.

What time is this going to be at so I can convert to the time here? If it's to early or late I can't do it. And maybe we should consider for those who have timezone issues to be able to do it at another time?

We're doing it by city yes.

Facebook page will be made...woohooo

No need to convert time, you just do it at the same time when it's March 13th over there. We don't want you to do it in the middle of the night:roftl:

And hey, be a little nuts, enjoy life!

I wish I could be apart of this:sad:

You Can!

No need to convert time, you just do it at the same time when it's March 13th over there. We don't want you to do it in the middle of the night:roftl:

You Can!

Excellent!!!

Wow, Uruguay, Singapore, Australia, Korea, amazing! If you want to join but live too far away from other fans you can do it on your own. But if you don't live that far away from them it would be a great opportunity to meet with them (again).

The choreography is almost finished, I will film the instruction video in 2 weeks, I have school holiday then and a class mate and I will use one of our class rooms to film it in (if that's Ok with the school, I haven't asked yet :teehee:). The dance isn't difficult, there are a lot of repeating movements, but it will take a little time to learn them by heart and do them at the right count in the music :original:.

Wow, Uruguay, Singapore, Australia, amazing! If you want to join but live too far away from other fans you can do it on your own. But if you don't live that far away from them it would be a great opportunity to meet with them (again).

The choreography is almost finished, I will film the instruction video in 2 weeks, I have school holiday then and a class mate and I will use one of our class rooms to film it in (if that's Ok with the school, I haven't asked yet :teehee:). The dance isn't difficult, there are a lot of repeating movements, but it will take a little time to learn them by heart and do them at the right count in the music :original:.

:boing: great!!!

You Can!

Alright, cool! :thumb_yello: Maybe I'll try to be in the city on that day visiting my Dad/Grandma so I can join in. So are we making teams now? I don't want to reveal my city(s) until I know there is more people joining me.

I think it's an awesome idea! I'd like to dance in Amsterdam. :biggrin2:

But I don't know if I join you guys, I think I can't afford another train ticket to Amsterdam. It's like.. €30 of something. And I think my transport to the Düsseldorf gig that same month will be bloody expensive too. :sneaky2:

I hate being a poor student, pff. :aah:

I still have to think about it, I think it's such a great idea! :thumb_yello:

Worldwide video conference. International number we all dial in with our pcs/macs and video chat set up/Skype whatever and everybody gets recorded! Where there is a room in London or some place where there are lots of MFC'ers, get someone there to pass around the video camera...

We all could sing BIOTG..:)

Worldwide video conference. International number we all dial in with our pcs/macs and video chat set up/Skype whatever and everybody gets recorded! Where there is a room in London or some place where there are lots of MFC'ers, get someone there to pass around the video camera...

We all could sing BIOTG..:)

Love itttt!

I would love to do any kind of an MFC video conference :wub2:

Wow, Uruguay, Singapore, Australia, Korea, amazing! If you want to join but live too far away from other fans you can do it on your own. But if you don't live that far away from them it would be a great opportunity to meet with them (again).

alright~:thumb_yello: good~

wait you~ hahah but don't be disappoint with the small number .^^

Archived