Blame it on the girls Global Dance Event

IngievV

Would this be like a flash mob?

It sounds like that to me. We discussed something like this on the UK promotion of Mika thread, and I also suggested doing a flash mob in Manchester before the actual gig, but I don't think many people were keen on the idea.

The problem is that, for it to be effective as a promotion tool, there needs to ba a lot of people involved, also posters so that passers by, or people viewing the video, know straight away who we are promoting.

I have a walking stick so I can't dance, but I'd be happy to go and make up the numbers if we have a Manchester mob. I could certainly do some kind of poster.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes me think of something that has been done here in Belgium at the station in Antwerp. for the search of the new Maria in the Sound of Music they did a great dance performance.

check the vid :

Of course, that's on a huge scale but still..... :naughty:

Superb .. :biggrin2:

Tis good to see it all come together like that

Alright then, but I'll be all on my lonesome, unless my dog can join in, and definitely not in public :naughty: Unless you pay to fly me over to Melbourne or something? *puppy dog eyes*

Put me down for Perth :naughty:

That's fine! Do you think you can get your dog to wear a hat and suspenders (joking!) :bleh:?

It sounds like that to me. We discussed something like this on the UK promotion of Mika thread, and I also suggested doing a flash mob in Manchester before the actual gig, but I don't think many people were keen on the idea.

The problem is that, for it to be effective as a promotion tool, there needs to ba a lot of people involved, also posters so that passers by, or people viewing the video, know straight away who we are promoting.

I have a walking stick so I can't dance, but I'd be happy to go and make up the numbers if we have a Manchester mob. I could certainly do some kind of poster.

I am not sure if we are allowed to make posters etc. this is not an official Mika promotion of course. But you are right, it would help if the people who are watching knows who's song it is :teehee:. Tho we are not doing it just for promotion but also to have a lot of fun together.

Makes me think of something that has been done here in Belgium at the station in Antwerp. for the search of the new Maria in the Sound of Music they did a great dance performance.

check the vid :

Of course, that's on a huge scale but still..... :naughty:

Wow. To make it look like this we need to practise loooots. And need a lot of cameras :roftl:.

That's fine! Do you think you can get your dog to wear a hat and suspenders (joking!) :bleh:?

I am not sure if we are allowed to make posters etc. this is not an official Mika promotion of course. But you are right, it would help if the people who are watching knows who's song it is :teehee:. Tho we are not doing it just for promotion but also to have a lot of fun together.

Wow. To make it look like this we need to practise loooots. And need a lot of cameras :roftl:.

I agree it would be great fun. I've often thought it would be good to have a Manchester Mikatastic get together, if people who live around Manchester are up for it. I certainly would be!

Dear MFCers,

I once again came up with this amazing idea and I immediately have to pester all of you with it as I think it's a funny way to promote Blame it On the Girls. Well, actually I have to thank Monie's boyfriend for taking it to the next level. Anyway. We were talking and came to the conclusion to make up a dance on Blame it on the girls and perform it somewhere in Amsterdam on March 13th, the day of the cancelled Mika gig.

Then Monie's boyfriend suggested we could do a GLOBAL DANCE EVENT. Which would basically mean that MFCers in different countries would all come together at a certain time on March 13 to dance the dance Monie made up on the song. Ofcourse, there is a timezone problem, so if you're for example in Australia, you will do it at say, 12 o'clock when it's March the 13th there.

Monie will post a video and explain the dance in the video so everyone can learn the dance. Get a group somewhere in a big city, rehearse the dance and then do it. Film it and send it to me. We will make a mash-up and send it to Mika.

Anyone, any questions? :biggrin2:

THE LISTS

Amsterdam

Monie

IngievV

Sylvana

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Miek

Nadina

Tim

London

Paris

New York

Los Angeles

Toronto

Tokyo

Sydney

Seoul

Brussels

Milan

Madrid

Munchen

Berlin

hi~ notice to korean fans~How long do you want to know??

@monie: go to work now, you can find the video on youtube with the rehearsal and i believe that i have seen the choregraph showing all the movements also.

come back this evening or will try at work..:teehee:

The chore is very easy, like in an aerobic lesson, we can learn and do it at evry gig , it would be a super promo for mika's tour.

In Chicago they were 20 000 ppl but there was an organisation via FB , the Black eyes peas were aware of this : it was a surprise for O.WINFREY.

Dear MFCers,

I once again came up with this amazing idea and I immediately have to pester all of you with it as I think it's a funny way to promote Blame it On the Girls. Well, actually I have to thank Monie's boyfriend for taking it to the next level. Anyway. We were talking and came to the conclusion to make up a dance on Blame it on the girls and perform it somewhere in Amsterdam on March 13th, the day of the cancelled Mika gig.

Then Monie's boyfriend suggested we could do a GLOBAL DANCE EVENT. Which would basically mean that MFCers in different countries would all come together at a certain time on March 13 to dance the dance Monie made up on the song. Ofcourse, there is a timezone problem, so if you're for example in Australia, you will do it at say, 12 o'clock when it's March the 13th there.

Monie will post a video and explain the dance in the video so everyone can learn the dance. Get a group somewhere in a big city, rehearse the dance and then do it. Film it and send it to me. We will make a mash-up and send it to Mika.

Anyone, any questions? :biggrin2:

THE LISTS

Amsterdam

Monie

IngievV

Sylvana

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Miek

Nadina

Tim

London

Paris

New York

Los Angeles

Toronto

Tokyo

Sydney

Seoul

Brussels

Milan

Madrid

Munchen

Berlin

Sounds like a great idea... but we can't get a large enough group in one city, we're spread all over Oz...

I will ask in the Aussie thread though...

Alright then, but I'll be all on my lonesome, unless my dog can join in, and definitely not in public. Unless you pay to fly me over to Melbourne or something? *puppy dog eyes*

Put me down for Perth

Ambrose would look awesome!

That's fine! Do you think you can get your dog to wear a hat and suspenders (joking!)

He probably would :teehee:

Hey guys!

What a brilliant idea! I'd love to do it in London on the 13th of March but I'll definitely have to go to work then:boxed:

I have another idea instead - why don't we record the London version before the Hammersmith gig on the 28th Feb?! And what a great way of spending time in the queue!!!

Let me know! Wow, I'm really excited now!

Archived