Is Mika worth the money? - Cornish Guardian ~ Cornwall

Miro

I've read other blogs that say mean things about other people I like.

I got really angry at first, and then realized that they're entitiled to their own opinion. In other words, I ignored them because the mean things they were saying made them come across as a ill informed a**holes - because, see, my problem was HOW they wrote it. With poor writing skills, and without the proper research, I just can't take some "journalists" seriously. It's funnier to laugh at what they write, really, because it's so ridiculous.

If Mika isn't worth the money he would have people jet setting to various continents to see his shows.

Or buy his CDs.

Or concert merchandise.

Or concert tickets.

Mika wouldn't have a fan club if he wasn't worth the money.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read other blogs that say mean things about other people I like.

I got really angry at first, and then realized that they're entitiled to their own opinion. In other words, I ignored them because the mean things they were saying made them come across as a ill informed a**holes - because, see, my problem was HOW they wrote it. With poor writing skills, and without the proper research, I just can't take some "journalists" seriously. It's funnier to laugh at what they write, really, because it's so ridiculous.

If Mika isn't worth the money he wouldn't have people jet setting to various continents to see his shows.

Or buy his CDs.

Or concert merchandise.

Or concert tickets.

Mika wouldn't have a fan club if he wasn't worth the money.

I agree (and I had to add a bit to your post so it would make sense :wink2:)

it's obvious that this paper is talking rubbish.

I don't think so- it sounds like the organisers have changed the target audience after people have part paid- and even if they haven't paid yet, it's disappointing when something that's "your sort of thing" becomes something that isn't.

I'm glad our boy's willing to take a reduced fee for a worthy cause (though I haven't bothered to find out what that cause is yet) and Mika is the best- obviously- but I wouldn't expect him to be a big pull for fans of the bands mentioned in the Plymouth Herald article.

I only read through the article and some of the first posts quickly last night and it seems to me that only people who pay an annual membership fee can go to the gig or buy a ticket. It has also been posted that 2010 membership is already sold out, making it difficult for Mika fans to buy a ticket.

So how about writing an open letter to that newspaper, offering readers to buy their membership / ticket to the show? Perhaps we could even enclose a link to MFC ... I think it would not only be a positive answer but also show how determined Mika fans are to watch their favourite artist perform live. We might as well embed a link to a live performance so that people can see what we are talking about (e.g. the Little Noise gig - I can't imagine anyone daring to have a bad word about that one unless they are completely dumb.)

I only read through the article and some of the first posts quickly last night and it seems to me that only people who pay an annual membership fee can go to the gig or buy a ticket. It has also been posted that 2010 membership is already sold out, making it difficult for Mika fans to buy a ticket.

So how about writing an open letter to that newspaper, offering readers to buy their membership / ticket to the show? Perhaps we could even enclose a link to MFC ... I think it would not only be a positive answer but also show how determined Mika fans are to watch their favourite artist perform live. We might as well embed a link to a live performance so that people can see what we are talking about (e.g. the Little Noise gig - I can't imagine anyone daring to have a bad word about that one unless they are completely dumb.)

Good idea- you're definitely my "make lemonade" person of the day :thumb_yello: NOT that I can afford to go, alas.

Archived