My Videos...

Jazzy

I guess some of us are having trouble understanding why you wanted to disable the embedding and not have them appear on other sites in the first place. i.e. why you would ask Morecube to take them down, which is what led to your unpleasant exchange with him. The expectation that site owners will explicitly credit the YouTube user on their page is not realistic and YouTube has accounted for this by building in links and other features in the embedded videos to let the viewer know that the source of the video is not the website they're on, but a user on YouTube.

It is absolutely your prerogative to not have your videos embedded on other sites but for some of us, we just want our videos to be viewed by as many people as possible so we're just explaining our point of view. It's great advertising for Mika and I want to do whatever I can to get people to fall in love with him too.

If a couple of people with questionable ethics benefit in the process I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. There are 300,000 other fans and potential fans out there watching and that's all that matters to me.

Again, I'm big on manners. I filmed a lot at a teensy tiny Sliimy gig I went to and Teen Today sent me a message on Twitter asking if I would mind if they put my See U Again video on their review. I said yes, it was fine, it was great. Perhaps they spoiled me and gave me unreasonable expectations.

One has to remember that this is coupled with the points issue as well, so my videos were being uploaded to an MS account that was connected with the Mikafrance site. All together, it made me rather unwilling to share with those people. But perhaps I'm just majorly overreacting. I don't know, all I know is that right now, I'm not going to have any Tom Dick or Harry downloading my videos, or threatening to, or uploading them to MS for their own benefit. Perhaps one the tour is over they'll go back up publicly, but right now, absolutely not. It's more trouble than I wish to deal with.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have absolutely no problem with people linking my vids, on the contrary. My only problem is people uploading them on MS, because it makes me look like a thief using my own vids, same with people watermarking my pics and uploading them on MS. But i guess i don't care any more.

Edit: sorry my short writing, would like to comment, but i'm in the plane (it's still waiting, lol).

Again, I'm big on manners. I filmed a lot at a teensy tiny Sliimy gig I went to and Teen Today sent me a message on Twitter asking if I would mind if they put my See U Again video on their review. I said yes, it was fine, it was great. Perhaps they spoiled me and gave me unreasonable expectations.

One has to remember that this is coupled with the points issue as well, so my videos were being uploaded to an MS account that was connected with the Mikafrance site. All together, it made me rather unwilling to share with those people. But perhaps I'm just majorly overreacting. I don't know, all I know is that right now, I'm not going to have any Tom Dick or Harry downloading my videos, or threatening to, or uploading them to MS for their own benefit. Perhaps one the tour is over they'll go back up publicly, but right now, absolutely not. It's more trouble than I wish to deal with.

jazzy, the person who uploaded your vids on mikasounds is not connected to mikafrance. she may be a member, i don't know, but not a mod, i stood corrected on that. i misread a post from another site. :thumb_yello:

jazzy, the person who uploaded your vids on mikasounds is not connected to mikafrance. she may be a member, i don't know, but not a mod, i stood corrected on that. i misread a post from another site. :thumb_yello:

From the same website though, and I'm assuming she most likely got the videos from the news post, because the ones she uploaded were the ones featured on the site. Was all rather fishy to me.

ah! ok.

i guess the only solution to this, would be to inbed your name on your vids, no matter where you put them (youtube, vimeo etc...)

when you do that, can people remove your name? forgive me, i'm quite ignorant when it comes to those these. (and not because i'm a woman :sneaky2:) i just can't be bothered recording when i go to concerts, i get so few a year that it would be hard for me to stand still and record :naughty: i rather enjoy the gig and rely on other's videos :teehee:

:lmfao: weren't you on the plane or something when you found out?

was he polite? :teehee:

I can't remember where I was. :naughty:

Yes Perez was polite. I asked him on Twitter to check his email and he responded to my email right away. I was just asking for his advice on what to do to get the video reinstated and alerting him to the fact that the videos he'd embedded couldn't be viewed by his readers anymore. I was hoping he could pull some strings with Mika but it didn't happen. :teehee:

My guess is that unofficially Mika wants videos of his performances out there (this is just a guess, it may be that he doesn't really), but officially there's nothing they can do to interfere with Universal's copyright claims since ultimately the protection is in Mika's own interest. Even if it isn't helping him in any one given situation, they still have to exercise their rights to help back up any serious claims in court in the future.

I really have to agree on your points re the watermark removal and posting/sharing/downloading of pics, and then getting up in arms about our own material. Hypocritical much?

My only beef with people using my stuff is when they are uploading it for points on Mikasounds. We're all in competition with one another in the points program, so it's kind of like lending someone your baseball bat and they use it to beat you over the head and steal your wallet. :naughty:

I don't understand the general possessiveness over pics and videos though. If there was something I really didn't want people to use I wouldn't post it on MFC. I assume when I post things here that it will be used and reused all over MFC and eventually other sites. That's the whole point of sharing them IMO - so all Mika fans can enjoy them.

From the same website though, and I'm assuming she most likely got the videos from the news post, because the ones she uploaded were the ones featured on the site. Was all rather fishy to me.

That would be the same thing as for example taring any MFC member with the same brush just for the actions of one individual, though.

Plenty of our vids and pics have been uploaded to MS for points, and this was without them being featured on any other site, things get around and people watch and find videos everywhere. Once they're up there, you can't control who will see them unless they are private :dunno:

That would be the same thing as for example taring any MFC member with the same brush just for the actions of one individual, though.

Plenty of our vids and pics have been uploaded to MS for points, and this was without them being featured on any other site, things get around and people watch and find videos everywhere. Once they're up there, you can't control who will see them unless they are private :dunno:

TWO individuals. One puts them on his site, the other claims the points. I don't think anyone (or at least I hope) on the MFC would upload other people's content for points, though perhaps I'm naive and everyone on here isn't as honest as they present themselves to be.

I don't think anyone (or at least I hope) on the MFC would upload other people's content for points, though perhaps I'm naive and everyone on here isn't as honest as they present themselves to be.

My pics have been uploaded to MS by a member of MFC. There are 15,000 people registered here. And many are registered on MikaFrance and Mikawebsite. You can't tarnish the community because of the actions of one member especially when most members have accounts on multiple sites.

If Mika thought like that he'd hate MFC. :roftl:

Archived