My Videos...

Jazzy

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sara, you mean tweets as in when you are describing the gigs and what is happening?

Well, just in general. I know that many won't understand it, but I would personally prefer if my username was not posted, that's all. It's too late now though :naughty:.

So you would agree the points system is definitely PART of the problem from the fans point of view?

Another thing is, these videos linked on other sites happened to get found. If it were a Russian site, or a Taiwanese site, or an Arabic site...somewhere you cannot read the script....you would have MUCH more trouble finding where they have been copied/embedded/decimated or whatever.

Just sayin':mf_rosetinted:

Well, just in general. I know that many won't understand it, but I would personally prefer if my username was not posted, that's all. It's too late now though :naughty:.

:lmfao: yeah, it's too late for you.. after being called a NB, you are now a star :naughty:

sorry, you asked ? :roftl: You gave me an ultimatum whereas the videos were already disabled. Then I took other ones. You still see them because you are the owner, that's it.

women and technology are not BFF :biggrin2:

@Christine > hotlinks can be useful sometimes, I don't want to disable it. and it's not a copyright. When you put this kind of things on a pic or a vid, you put it so anybody can't crop it or hide it. I put a tiny 10px high text that can be cropped easily on the top on the pic. If you cut the pic, it's still the same. On high res pics, you don't even see it... If I wanted to copyright them, i would do it differently.

Sigh ... your comment .. you really dont help yourself do you?

A forum with 99% females ...

No more to say .. you dont leave a good impression with me

:starwars: It's the war here :shocked:

I read a lots of posts :aah:

First it's not legal to upload a video, a song, a tv show or a radio show which is not your property. You know what I want to say because all of mfcers watch and listen illegally Mika with sendspace for example. Mfcers who upload tv show or radio show asking to the production of the tv show or the radio show when they upload? The answer is no:mf_rosetinted: I reflect and I think if someone use a video which is not her property without something to win like points or money it's not so bad. The person just has to mention that is the video of ..... and that' all. Mfcers are a bit hypocrite in this case :sneaky2:

Julia2a knows what she was doing and I think at her age she knows reading, in the terms and conditions of the Maggic Numbers it's specify that the videos you upload must be your property. The terms and conditions are write in french too, she has no excuse :sneaky2: And she knows that she earns points in uploading videos or pictures.

Sigh ... your comment .. you really dont help yourself do you?

A forum with 99% females ...

No more to say .. you dont leave a good impression with me

I want to be naughty today :biggrin2: Sorry Freddie is not for you.

:roftl: Men and technology are not BFF:roftl:

sorry, you asked ? :roftl: You gave me an ultimatum whereas the videos were already disabled. Then I took other ones. You still see them because you are the owner, that's it.

women and technology are not BFF :biggrin2:

I still saw them because I was the owner despite not being logged into Youtube? Yeah, okay, let's all bow down and hail the one with the huge brain.

Your sexist comment is pathetic darling, an I have no time for such pettiness.

I don't care if people link to my videos on threads, forums whatever. HOWEVER if they are being posted on the front page of a site, it is common courtesy to ask permission. FURTHERMORE, if someone asks you to take them down, you sure as hell take them down. You do NOT threaten to download them and upload them, you do not mock them in messages and you do not try and get your own way.

What this comes down to is that Morecube thought he could get his way with this, after mocking me, telling me he would download my videos, but unfortunately for him, he picked the wrong person to mess with, as anybody who has met me will know. With all the stress of the gigs at the moment, I cannot be ARSED to be dealing with such immaturity and ill manners. I see he is yet to apologise for calling me a liar when I said about him saying he would download my videos.

Also, my videos belong to me, and Mika has told me he is fine with me filming his songs, SO you have no rights over them whatsoever, and that is that, end of story.

This thread was just originally to tell people the reason why my videos had been taken down, it was not to start arguments with people who think they can boss other people about, because frankly, I've had enough of that this week, and I won't be taking it.

This is my call .. I dont know the inside and outsides of youtube , what I want to stop happening is for this site to stop taking things.

We need to all work together , I dont care how it happens , but this has to stop..,Im putting massive effort to work with the French world reps to bridge the gap and solve these sort of issues.

Im not going to do all this for you Morecube to jump all over my MFC friends and post stupid jokes ....

I dont want to see this level of sadness again , Morecube if your the admin fix this , Im available , the world reps are available , the mod team is too .. but I want an end to this.

Your sexist comment is pathetic darling, an I have no time for such pettiness.

it was a joke, not a sexist comment. And what about your signature ?

What this comes down to is that Morecube thought he could get his way with this, after mocking me, telling me he would download my videos, but unfortunately for him, he picked the wrong person to mess with, as anybody who has met me will know.

oh, I'm so scared ! You're right, i should have chosen someone smarter and who could understand simple Terms of Use.

Also, my videos belong to me, and Mika has told me he is fine with me filming his songs, SO you have no rights over them whatsoever, and that is that, end of story.

You still have not understood that when you upload a video on a sharing device, you allow people to use it. And the fact that Mika allows you to film his shows doesn't mean you have the rights on the gigs (so, make a DVD and sell it ? :roftl:) Furthermore, I have the rights to use your videos since you accepted YT terms of use.

This thread was just originally to tell people the reason why my videos had been taken down, it was not to start arguments

it was probably... originally... before you insulted me.

Unreal ... your shocking , now I understand why everyone views you the way I have heard over time

You have ignored every one of my comments and instead posted insultung jokes and not once have you tried to work and resolve this

sorry, you posted while I was writing (i need time to write in english ^^). I disagree with you on this point. I tried to be nice, and apologized before i got insulted.

By the way, my signature is a famous quote. Take it up with Charlotte Whitton if you don't like it.

And I think it may be more of a commentary on how men treat women, in that they have to be twice as good to be thought half as good, but there we are. You've proved that point entirely.

Just wanted to clarify on that one, in case any decent people were upset by my sig.

sorry, you posted while I was writing (i need time to write in english ^^). I disagree with you on this point. I tried to be nice, and apologized before i got insulted.

Can anyone post this apology? I'd like to see it, shame your not doing yourself any favours at all here, it could have been nipped in the bud if you'd played fair from the start, all she wanted was na "oops sorry, he's your credit tag" and she would have let you use them, no need for all this at all. :blink:

Actually, at the Sheffield gig I asked Mika himself if he was all right with me filming him and he said yes. I have permission from Mika and the copyright to the video belongs to me. It is not yours even if it was Mika's so you've still not got a leg to stand on.

Regardless of everything else, you threatening to download my videos and upload them yourself is nothing short of despicable theft.

Just wanted to pick up on this, which has obviously nothing to do with the Morecube issue, but I was standing next to you after Sheffield and heard the convo :teehee:.

I thought that what happened was that you asked him if he minded you filming "because he always looked at you with contempt when you filmed", and, instead of answering the question of whether he minded, he just focused on some bizarre reply to the contempt thing? :roftl: He said something like he always looked at the audience with contempt and that was it, off he went :aah:.

All the ones from this tour so far have been deleted.

Just a quick comment here ---

There are technically not any copyright restrictions on live shows/concerts that I know of. As in, I would be surprised to see the justification that whoever or whatever corporation took down your videos have for such actions. I don't believe that Universal has any rights over audio/videos taken at a concert. These are the laws in America, and I suspect they stand across the pond as well.

So, this is to say that I am quite surprised and also upset for you that these videos were removed. This is unjust, as the videos were not infringing on any copyright restrictions.

There are technically not any copyright restrictions on live shows/concerts that I know of. As in, I would be surprised to see the justification that whoever or whatever corporation took down your videos have for such actions. I don't believe that Universal has any rights over audio/videos taken at a concert. These are the laws in America, and I suspect they stand across the pond as well.

So, this is to say that I am quite surprised and also upset for you that these videos were removed. This is unjust, as the videos were not infringing on any copyright restrictions.

Jazzy took them down HERSELF she said so earlier, because the cube person threatend to take them all anyway and upload them to his own site, she asked him to credit her for HER videos and that was his response I believe so it all got very heated.

Jazzy removed her videos herself :wink2:.

On the copyright issue though, footage from concerts is definitely not allowed here. I had my videos for some gigs taken off due to the artist claiming their sole right to it, as it was their copyrighted material (the songs).

Jazzy took them down HERSELF she said so earlier, because the cube person threatend to take them all anyway and upload them to his own site, she asked him to credit her for HER videos and that was his response I believe so it all got very heated.

Jazzy removed her videos herself :wink2:.

On the copyright issue though, footage from concerts is definitely not allowed here. I had my videos for some gigs taken off due to the artist claiming their sole right to it, as it was their copyrighted material (the songs).

Oh, I was mixed up, thanks for clearing that up.

Sara, that is quite strange. I know a lot of fiercely law-abiding people who engage in the free downloading of live shows because there are no laws against it (as opposed to free downloading of studio material).

I suppose if the artist has explicitly stated that he or she claims right to any videos, they could be taken down, but aside from that live footage should be completely free of restrictions. :boxed:

Oh, I was mixed up, thanks for clearing that up.

Sara, that is quite strange. I know a lot of fiercely law-abiding people who engage in the free downloading of live shows because there are no laws against it (as opposed to free downloading of studio material).

I suppose if the artist has explicitly stated that he or she claims right to any videos, they could be taken down, but aside from that live footage should be completely free of restrictions. :boxed:

you don't remember how fast they were at inforcing the copyrights laws after the roxy gig?

Why would it be free of restrictions? These concert videos are bootlegged material. Mika controls the rights to his image and he and his publishing company control the rights to the songs he wrote.

Even if Mika turns a blind eye to people filming him at the gigs, I do not believe he has ever given a fan explicit permission to upload them publicly and he has certainly not relinquished his rights by having a conversation with someone at a backstage door.

Mana and I were discussing this earlier and it's also clearly spelled out on YouTube as she found on their site.

Videos of live concerts, even if you captured the video yourself

Even if you took the video yourself, the performer controls the right to use his/her image in a video, the songwriter owns the rights to the song being performed, and sometimes the venue prohibits filming without permission, so this video is likely to infringe somebody else's rights.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=143459&hl=en-US

Bootlegging audio was always an illegal underground thing. Just because the internet has made video widely available and oftentimes people turn a blind eye to it, doesn't mean the bootlegger owns the copyright to the recording. As Morecube said, if anyone tried to sell their bootleg tapes they would be sued.

Even in Mika's case they don't always turn a blind eye. Universal has made claims on my concert footage. As soon as it went up on Perez's site they had my footage removed from YouTube and followed up by removing everything they could find from that gig that had been uploaded by anyone on YT.

Just wanted to pick up on this, which has obviously nothing to do with the Morecube issue, but I was standing next to you after Sheffield and heard the convo :teehee:.

I thought that what happened was that you asked him if he minded you filming "because he always looked at you with contempt when you filmed", and, instead of answering the question of whether he minded, he just focused on some bizarre reply to the contempt thing? :roftl: He said something like he always looked at the audience with contempt and that was it, off he went :aah:.

He seemed chilled with it, so I took that as him not really minding. If he had turned around and said he didn't really like it I'd stop filming because I completely understand that, but he seemed okay with it. He didn't outrightly say 'you have permission to film my shows yadda yadda yadda' but he smiled and we had the little chat, etc.

Universal would be able to take my footage down if they didn't want it on youtube, but they wouldn't be able to use it without my permission. Likewise, I wouldn't be able to officially release it, as the rights to the songs belong to Mika and any releases need to go through his label.

But I took them down because somebody, despite him proclaiming that he didn't, threatened to download them and upload them to his own youtube account, so I removed them straight away.

Archived