Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it guys ... they are twats ... plain and simple ... brains the size of peas ... and that's being kind :lmfao:

:roftl::roftl:

Right on Laurel!!

To those homophobic creeps - "me thinks thou protests too much" -if you get my drift.:wink2::wink2:

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Exactly! :shocked:

He's youthful, he isn't a creepy old man obsessed with anything. He loves being a big kid, and there's nothing wrong with that. :blink:

They're calling him creepy for thinking he's young yet it's okay for someone say Hugh Hefner to date girls who are what in their 20's? :dunno:

Some people complain to just complain. So Mika's vocals aren't their taste. I myself after close to 3 years am still surprised by his vocal range. There's plenty of artists that I don't like, but I don't feel the need to find a forum to rag on them or people who listen to the artist. :mf_rosetinted:

I like Kick Ass and that's all that matters to me. :naughty: Sure it's not insanely unique like the songs from his albums and it does sound almost like a lot of other songs I hear (I guess that's what someone meant by generic?) but what makes it unique to me is Mika singing it. Now if only I could sing it as half as good. :teehee:

I do have a question... I know the song was produced by RedOne but does anyone know who wrote it? Was it RedOne, Mika, someone else?

They're calling him creepy for thinking he's young yet it's okay for someone say Hugh Hefner to date girls who are what in their 20's? :dunno:

Some people complain to just complain. So Mika's vocals aren't their taste. I myself after close to 3 years am still surprised by his vocal range. There's plenty of artists that I don't like, but I don't feel the need to find a forum to rag on them or people who listen to the artist. :mf_rosetinted:

I like Kick Ass and that's all that matters to me. :naughty: Sure it's not insanely unique like the songs from his albums and it does sound almost like a lot of other songs I hear (I guess that's what someone meant by generic?) but what makes it unique to me is Mika singing it. Now if only I could sing it as half as good. :teehee:

I do have a question... I know the song was produced by RedOne but does anyone know who wrote it? Was it RedOne, Mika, someone else?

Totally agree :thumb_yello:

I was wondering that too...

Mika and Jodi Marr wrote it i think...

Edited by Abbyyy

Totally agree :thumb_yello:

I was wondering that too...

Also, what I meant to add was I'm not calling it some generic song that'll just be forgotten or anything. I know people are talking about how it's not very Mika-ish etc. but I think it was created that way to fit the movie. It's not like he could write a song about the Mubblins (spelling?) or what Billy Brown does after he leaves the coast of Mexico and have it mesh with the movie. :naughty:

Mika and Jodi Marr wrote it i think :)

Ah thanks! I've been wondering about it! :) I like the lyrics because I feel it fits me. Young, strong, not looking for where I belong, free... the only thing is I'd rather not run with blood on my knees. :wink2:

Edited by PhotoJenic

Oooh i didn't realise that its full name is 'Kick Ass(We Are Young)' according to his myspace...

edit: and it's says that it's out on 2nd May :blink: I thought it was 29th March?!

:lmfao:

of all the things i thought i would see posted, THAT was not one of them :roftl:

Surprise! Glad you got a kick out of that, but didn't you know? :teehee: Mika has super powers. That's why he did the song for Kick Ass (even though there's no super powers in the movie.) :wink2:

Surprise! Glad you got a kick out of that, but didn't you know? :teehee: Mika has super powers. That's why he did the song for Kick Ass (even though there's no super powers in the movie.) :wink2:

Feeling awesome is a superpower cos not everyone has that :mf_rosetinted:

Nono went to a screening didn't she ... I think she read it in the titles ... :thumb_yello:

Fmbm (Nono), who watched the film, saw their names in the end credits.

Ah thank you for clarifying :aah:

Nono went to a screening didn't she ... I think she read it in the titles ... :thumb_yello:

Fmbm (Nono), who watched the film, saw their names in the end credits.

Thank you so much.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I thought Mika might have written Kick-Ass but didn't have any verification.

But I didn't mean: "Go and harass dutch radio....":wink2:

I thought perhaps everyone could Tweet their own country radio stations...

I'll have to find out if any Aussie radio stations have twitter accounts...

Interesting thread... I like that there are some wider ranging opinions on the song. Too bad that people hate it because it's Mika, and not because they think it's crap.

This quote was interesting though...

I think this is the problem. It's just an average RedOne track. Not good, not terrible. The problem for most people is that it's sung by Mika. Which is fair enough I suppose, although I've yet to see what he has done to be hailed the worst thing to have happened to pop music in the history of everything!!! Maybe it's just that his voice is an acquired taste, but there's no denying there are a few pop gems buried in his back catalogue...

That's why we're here... to defend him against the bullies.

he never had us when he was younger but now he has his back covered by over 17,000 screaming, rainbow-coloured, fantastic people...

Who can Kick-Ass!!!

He's a big boy now, I don't think he needs a bunch of fangurls to defend him. Besides, half the time, people say crap about Mika to piss the fans off.

If Mika really wants to say something to the haters, he will.

I agree with everything you said Jen... and great to see you here!

Last I checked, 26 is young! if he's old, then so am I! :blink:

Oooh i didn't realise that its full name is 'Kick Ass(We Are Young)' according to his myspace...

edit: and it's says that it's out on 2nd May :blink: I thought it was 29th March?!

So did I... that's weird.

This quote was interesting though...

I didn't read the whole thread but I cracked up when I got to this post:

"Did Mika sleep with you lot and never called?" :lmfao:

I stopped reading after that because I didn't think any other post could top it.

I agree with everything you said Jen... and great to see you here!

Last I checked, 26 is young! if he's old, then so am I! :blink:

Thanks! :) I'm still around! :pinkbow: When I haven't got much to say I don't post. :naughty:

If 26 is old then crap. My youth is slipping away from me fast. Also if that's old then what's 80? :shocked:

I didn't read the whole thread but I cracked up when I got to this post:

"Did Mika sleep with you lot and never called?" :lmfao:

I stopped reading after that because I didn't think any other post could top it.

Thanks! :) I'm still around! :pinkbow: When I haven't got much to say I don't post. :naughty:

If 26 is old then crap. My youth is slipping away from me fast. Also if that's old then what's 80? :shocked:

That was a good post! Love it!

fair enough... and I guess 80 is prehistoric.... :teehee: At least you still have a few years before you get old. I feel like I've wasted my 26 years... soon enough, I'll be considered too old to do anything!