REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your awesome reports! I am hoping we get another visit in Utah from the one and only!?! At least I can pretend I was there because of the great reports, videos and photos. My kids would DIE....to actually see him perform. They had to leave last time, as they would've been CRUSHED. If he comes again, I hope for a better venue. **For his sake as well** Glad the little ones were so well taken care of :)

Well a reflective report from me ...on what has been a whirlwind 2 weeks!!

I never expected ...( as working mum of twins) to be able to see Mika so many times in such a short space of time ..it has been awesome!

Kath and i had a brilliant road tour which covered Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow and Sheffield .... followed by a trip back to Newcastle 2 days later on the train!

Meeting and staying with some great people on the way and really getting to know some lovely people after queuing together for several days .....!

However i really felt that was me and tbh i was in a fair dilemma about going to Bristol! It seemed I'd come back to family life and work and it was time to settle down again and stop all this mad life crisis business! However i had my Bristol ticket and the bug had bitten me ....so i told hubby!! What a star he is.... he's been very unwell over the last few years and i think he knows how hard it's been for me too so he just laughed and said was i going abroad? No only Bristol!! OK then ..off you go ...byeee!!! :aah:

I enjoy the whole experience really , even the flight down myself from Edinburgh then meeting peeps at hotel and walking to venues ... it's all time for me in a way and i love it! ( love being home too btw!)

The queue has been covered and i of course had several layers, polo neck, long socks etc in preparation for a long queue in the cold weather ....armed with my hip flask to keep the cockles warm! Not needed this time!!

toilets, bar, café .... all in the venue .... it is amazing how HOURS pass and time flies away and soon we are in the venue at the front waiting for Mika! oh and having a nice lunch and face painting!! lol

already covered chats with family so won't go on again .....

Erik ...now a familiar face and he was great again .. love Bridget on keyboards ... i do genuinely like his tunes! Been humming them quite a lot as well as singing in random Bristol car parks!

Mika of course is the reason we are all there and he NEVER lets us down ....

He just puts on such a great show every time ....we'd worried the crowd were quite quiet but no need ...they fair livened up when Mika bounced on suitcase in hand ..... I can't help but smile just thinking about it now ..it's so amazing to see him right in front of you so happy, full of energy and bouncing about!

I've not said much on the set so far but i love the whole theme and the build up, the book, Davids drawing, the French music ...it all , think the telling the story idea is really clever and i feel it adds another dimension to some of the older songs ... been really surprised at how much i love AOW again ..he sings this with so much passion ...as well as I see you and Happy Ending .. i really feel very moved when i see him doing these ones and i love the contrast in his emotions and the feelings he exudes when performing them .....

Toy Boy is always spacial because he sits and talks to us ...again

I wish he did chat a bit more at times ... it's the only thing i think he could do more of really .... I love it when he does ... and it connects with people so well cause it is genuine .. maybe thats just how he is tho and forcing more would be not good? The presence of him you feel tho is amazing .... yes we all have eye contact days and i felt some which is lovely ... but i do honestly feel he is brilliant at sharing that about ..to everyone ...... :wub2:

I'm so glad the set is a bit longer now and i do want it to go on forever!!!

the lollipop drumming is very high energy and i love that tho agree lollipop is not my fave song!!:aah: I wish he still did ring ring ... i love that one ....

i also loved a good 80's cover thrown in for good measure!!

Having seen the show 6 times over the last nearly 2 weeks i really could not say i was getting bored with it! Every night something is a bit different and of course your own personal exp varies but this was in my top 3 of the tour!!

The staff at the venue were lovely and the crowd was the least pushy ( behind) that I've ever known..lovely! This meant children were comfortable and could go to and form the loo from the front too!! ( all that coke!)

Having Erik and co dressed up at the end was brilliant and I'm glad they got to join in.... biggirl boys and all!

Seeing Mika outside after is always a pleasure and i didn't say too much myself but watching him speak with Rose and everyone we were with and laughing and feeling relaxed is spacial .... he's a treasure ...really is .... ( i gave him some extra strong mints for the next bit of the tour and he laughed and said he's need tons of them or something!:teehee:)

all in all a very happy ending to a great exp for me as a very happy lady!

Thanks to all the MFCers on the way...i've got to know a lot more of you much better and was great catching the vibe for a couple of weeks ....

Having Mika in so many places in UK over such a short space of time has been a real treat and i can't believe how lucky i have been to see so much of him ....:wub2:

i hope this hasn't been too long!!

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

Was he wearing that nice hat again outside ... I don't even remember :aah:

I really hope he didn't think I was rude or anything outside ... but I don't even really remember seeing him .... :lmfao:

lovely pictures and I'm so glad you got to go on stage ...it is a great experience....

Nice also to see you again..last time i tunes....

I realize I've not done a proper report so will try and think back now!

It was nice to see you too. Are you coming over to Europe for another gig?

I'm really happy too I went on stage. It was an amazing experience :boing:

I will do a proper report when I'm over my first big high :wink2:

I really hope he didn't think I was rude or anything outside ... but I don't even really remember seeing him .... :lmfao:

Yes, he did. Did you stand in the queue with us?

I know you were with us, but thought you went to sit down behind us, or was that afterward?

aww. your eyes were very sore love so don't worry!!:wink2:

TBH i didn't remember the hat either and he was right next to me!!!!:teehee:

It was nice to see you too. Are you coming over to Europe for another gig?

I'm really happy too I went on stage. It was an amazing experience :boing:

I will do a proper report when I'm over my first big high :wink2:

I'm hoping i'll come for Amsterdam ....as well as a trip there this weekend!!:sneaky2:

Do you suggest any others?? Where do you go?:teehee:

Yes, he did. Did you stand in the queue with us?

I know you were with us, but thought you went to sit down behind us, or was that afterward?

:wub2:

I'm hoping i'll come for Amsterdam ....as well as a trip there this weekend!!:sneaky2:

I'm going to Düsseldorf, Wiesbaden, Paris, Liévin, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Luxembourg.

Luxembourg is the day after Amsterdam and not the far away by train ... so ... :wink2::naughty:

aww. your eyes were very sore love so don't worry!!:wink2:

TBH i didn't remember the hat either and he was right next to me!!!!:teehee:

:wub2:

OOoooh good ... that makes me feel alittle better :boing:

I wanna see him again ... I miss him ... well not right now ... I'm too ill to appreciate him but you get the idea ... I think my Mum will seriously throw something at me if I mention another Mika gig :lmfao:

I wanna see him again ... I miss him ... well not right now ... I'm too ill to appreciate him but you get the idea ... I think my Mum will seriously throw something at me if I mention another Mika gig :lmfao:

Are you coming to Cornwall?

Are you coming to Cornwall?

Yes ... I said I'm not mentioning it to mother .. not that I'm not going :lmfao:

She doesn't know I've already bought a ticket ... I'll broach that one nearer June after I've paid for the hotel and travel etc ... oh and booked the holiday :wink2:

I'm going to Düsseldorf, Wiesbaden, Paris, Liévin, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Luxembourg.

Luxembourg is the day after Amsterdam and not the far away by train ... so ... :wink2::naughty:

oh wow!!

You'll have a great time!!! I'll see how i get on!!:teehee:

I'm the same!!! more more more please and NOW!!!!

Yes ... I said I'm not mentioning it to mother .. not that I'm not going :lmfao:

She doesn't know I've already bought a ticket ... I'll broach that one nearer June after I've paid for the hotel and travel etc ... oh and booked the holiday :wink2:

Ha, i've actually told hubby i've booked that one already!!!

Better than the night before eh!!:teehee:

Did you manage to get a ticket?

Still trying to find one.

:no: I have looked at Ebay though ... and they're not too bad ... I shall get one from there probably ... or go on the day and buy one :aah:

:no: I have looked at Ebay though ... and they're not too bad ... I shall get one from there probably ... or go on the day and buy one :aah:

Chelmsford, right?

Chelmsford, right?

The other one is a tad too far ... I did that once one year for Blur when they played in 1997 - went to both sites ... then it was Leeds though and not Staffordshire ... god ... it fecking killed me :lmfao:

So yep ... Chelmsford :wink2:

Archived