REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's already more than one week ago and I'm finally ready to write my report. I was a Big Girl and it was the most wonderful experience. I still can't believe I did it and I'm already craving for more :wink2:

Droopsy and I got one a train in Leuven (Belgium) very early on Thursday. After 7 hours (two train rides, a metro ride and a bus ride) we finally arrived in Bristol. I immediately fell in love with that city and I'll be back for sure. We checked-in in our pretty hostel near the water and arrived at the venue at a 1 am. I still can't believe how easy that whole trip went. Mika is some kind of fairy dust for me, because I've only that much good luck when it comes to Mika gigs :teehee: The queuing went very well. It was nice to meet some of you and see some people again. Our purpose was to become Big Girls that night. So as real Big Girls we ate pizza and drank diet coke :naughty:

About 4:30 pm John came out for recruiting BG's and LG's. A big later mama P and Yasmin joined us. There were too many LG's so they made some of them small BG's. It was very nice to meet mama P and Yasmin. At first I was a bit scared, because I was told they are very strict :blush-anim-cl:, but they were such nice women. Strong women, but very friendly and sweet.

We first tried our masks on. The first one I tried fitted perfectly. It wasn't at scary as I though and I could see better than expected. Then up to rehearsal with mama P and Yasmin. Two girls backed out afterwards. Then came the part I was most afraid of: the fitting of the costumes. But my Mika luck worked here as well :wink2:, because the first (green) I tried on was perfect. It still find it weird that I wasn't more ashamed to wear it. Normally I'm very shy about my body and don't like showing it off. But there I magically felt comfortable and proud :cheerful_h4h: We signed our "contract" and saw Mika for a short moment backstage. It felt so good to be part of the show for one night that I wasn't focused on Mika like usually.I gave John some Belgian chocolates to thank him for his help with Peter Live. I like John so much!

At 9 pm Mika was finally on. He was amazing. He looked happy and full of energy. I danced so much I forgot to be nervous. Mika gave a lot of eye contact that night. When Dr John started, the nerves came back. We went backstage, putted on our masks and waited to be up. Listening to and singing along with Happy Endingmade me a bit calmer. It was great to be on stage. It all went so fast. When I came off I was full of adrenaline. I couldn't believe I did it and how much I liked it. Then we went to the balcony right next to the stage over at iMMa's side. We danced and sang along. iMMa saw us and waved at us a couple of times.

When Toy Boy started we went back to backstage. Erik Hassle and his band were all dressed up. We waited there with them and they took a picture with us. I liked getting on stage during Lollipop. The nerves were gone and I really enjoyed myself. Even when Mika danced with me for a few seconds I stayed calm. It was amazing ... I never thought I would love being on stage that much :boing: iMMa was very kind. She grabbed our hands after Lollipop to get off stage and told us we did a great job. Yasmin was also very supportive.

After the gig we changed clothes to see Mika. He said hi, signed a bit and we took a group picture. I gave Mika some chocolates from Belgian I brought. He laughed very sweet, thanked me and told me it was very sweet. Then I made a complete fool out of myself. I had another bag of chocolates for him but they were down in my purse. We had to go, but I was searching for them. Everyone was waiting just for me. But Mika kept on smiling and he gave me a very sweet look, so it was worth making a fool out of myself for :wub2: When I finally found the other bag I said bye and "see you in Düsseldorf". Mika replied with "see you and please come and dance on stage with us again there". I said that I first want to see the show properly.

Then we joined the other MFC'ers at the meet and greet, but I stayed at the back to take I few pictures.

It was really the best Mika-experience ever! :fangurl:

That's great report Katrien and you looked fabulous. Don't feel bad about making Mika wait for chocolates. I bet he doesn't mind at all if there are gifts and candy involved. :naughty:

Thanks!

I don't feel bad now. I did at the moment when every one was staring. But when I noticed Mika was a bit giggly about it, I didn't care anymore :fangurl:

I will do a proper real report in a minute ... most vids have uploaded ... am uploading Toy Boy and then just have Lollipop too do ... best Lollipop so far ... I think becasue of Eric and his band ... and the little boy etc ... :wub2: Just really love it :fangurl:

I will do a proper real report in a minute ... most vids have uploaded ... am uploading Toy Boy and then just have Lollipop too do ... best Lollipop so far ... I think becasue of Eric and his band ... and the little boy etc ... :wub2: Just really love it :fangurl:

I saw them ... they are great :wub2: Thank you!

Can't wait for Lollipop! :boing:

I saw them ... they are great :wub2: Thank you!

Can't wait for Lollipop! :boing:

Toy Boy still has about 1 hour 45 left ... why do they take so long :(

*mutter* *grumble* :aah:

But they're my last two :yay:

It's already more than one week ago and I'm finally ready to write my report. I was a Big Girl and it was the most wonderful experience. I still can't believe I did it and I'm already craving for more :wink2:

Droopsy and I got one a train in Leuven (Belgium) very early on Thursday. After 7 hours (two train rides, a metro ride and a bus ride) we finally arrived in Bristol. I immediately fell in love with that city and I'll be back for sure. We checked-in in our pretty hostel near the water and arrived at the venue at a 1 am. I still can't believe how easy that whole trip went. Mika is some kind of fairy dust for me, because I've only that much good luck when it comes to Mika gigs :teehee: The queuing went very well. It was nice to meet some of you and see some people again. Our purpose was to become Big Girls that night. So as real Big Girls we ate pizza and drank diet coke :naughty:

About 4:30 pm John came out for recruiting BG's and LG's. A big later mama P and Yasmin joined us. There were too many LG's so they made some of them small BG's. It was very nice to meet mama P and Yasmin. At first I was a bit scared, because I was told they are very strict :blush-anim-cl:, but they were such nice women. Strong women, but very friendly and sweet.

We first tried our masks on. The first one I tried fitted perfectly. It wasn't at scary as I though and I could see better than expected. Then up to rehearsal with mama P and Yasmin. Two girls backed out afterwards. Then came the part I was most afraid of: the fitting of the costumes. But my Mika luck worked here as well :wink2:, because the first (green) I tried on was perfect. It still find it weird that I wasn't more ashamed to wear it. Normally I'm very shy about my body and don't like showing it off. But there I magically felt comfortable and proud :cheerful_h4h: We signed our "contract" and saw Mika for a short moment backstage. It felt so good to be part of the show for one night that I wasn't focused on Mika like usually.I gave John some Belgian chocolates to thank him for his help with Peter Live. I like John so much!

At 9 pm Mika was finally on. He was amazing. He looked happy and full of energy. I danced so much I forgot to be nervous. Mika gave a lot of eye contact that night. When Dr John started, the nerves came back. We went backstage, putted on our masks and waited to be up. Listening to and singing along with Happy Endingmade me a bit calmer. It was great to be on stage. It all went so fast. When I came off I was full of adrenaline. I couldn't believe I did it and how much I liked it. Then we went to the balcony right next to the stage over at iMMa's side. We danced and sang along. iMMa saw us and waved at us a couple of times.

When Toy Boy started we went back to backstage. Erik Hassle and his band were all dressed up. We waited there with them and they took a picture with us. I liked getting on stage during Lollipop. The nerves were gone and I really enjoyed myself. Even when Mika danced with me for a few seconds I stayed calm. It was amazing ... I never thought I would love being on stage that much :boing: iMMa was very kind. She grabbed our hands after Lollipop to get off stage and told us we did a great job. Yasmin was also very supportive.

After the gig we changed clothes to see Mika. He said hi, signed a bit and we took a group picture. I gave Mika some chocolates from Belgian I brought. He laughed very sweet, thanked me and told me it was very sweet. Then I made a complete fool out of myself. I had another bag of chocolates for him but they were down in my purse. We had to go, but I was searching for them. Everyone was waiting just for me. But Mika kept on smiling and he gave me a very sweet look, so it was worth making a fool out of myself for :wub2: When I finally found the other bag I said bye and "see you in Düsseldorf". Mika replied with "see you and please come and dance on stage with us again there". I said that I first want to see the show properly.

Then we joined the other MFC'ers at the meet and greet, but I stayed at the back to take I few pictures.

It was really the best Mika-experience ever! :fangurl:

Love your report Katrien, especially the making him wait for the candy, ha ha!

When there's sweeties at the end of it, he has infinite patience. LOL!!!

Toy Boy still has about 1 hour 45 left ... why do they take so long :(

*mutter* *grumble* :aah:

But they're my last two :yay:

I just saw your video of Lollipop (it's uploaded) :boing:

I feel so much euphoria and proud but at the same time I'm feeling completely ashamed :blush-anim-cl: While watching me shaking my butt I had tears in my eyes from laughing :aah::roftl:

Thank you Laurel! Thanks to you I have the sweetest memories of one of the most impulsive and fun things I've ever did! :wub2:

I just saw your video of Lollipop (it's uploaded) :boing:

I feel so much euphoria and proud but at the same time I'm feeling completely ashamed :blush-anim-cl: While watching me shaking my butt I had tears in my eyes from laughing :aah::roftl:

Thank you Laurel! Thanks to you I have the sweetest memories of one of the most impulsive and fun things I've ever did! :wub2:

Glad you liked it ... it was an amazing performance ... the best I think :wub2:

Vids are now all up ... if you didn't gather that one already :teehee:

Big Girl

Band Introduction

Blue Eyes

Doctor John

Good Gone Girl - End Dance

Love Today - Death March

We Are Golden

Toy Boy - Love love this

Lollipop

:boing::boing::boing:

OK ... I shall try and do a brief report ... as it's been awhile since the gig and everyone knows all about it anyway .... :)

I got to Bristol about midday .... got a taxi to the hotel - but wasn't allowed to check in for an hour ... so I walked for abit til' I found somewhere to eat ... then I was looking at my maps and stuff I had ... and realised by the looks of it - I wasn't far from the venue ... so I went to find it ... got there just after 1.00pm ... got chatting to MFC'ers for a little bit ... and then left so I could check in to my hotel ... nabbed a taxi as it was all uphill and I wasn't feeling that great ... did that and then came back - when I was in the queue I have to admit I was feeling pretty ropey .... I was suffering from a bad cold ... which would turn into this lovely flu I've had for the past week :aah: and then my right eye started to play up ... just felt sore - and I stupidly kept rubbing it which made it water like mad and then would end up even sorer ... but the queueing was really nice ... I would like to state for the record ... I really like queueing indoors .... more please .... I don't like freezing my arse off outside venues ... this should be the norm ... anyway eventually we were moved upstairs ... and it was just after we were moved my other eye started to play up - stupidly was rubbing it again ... went off to bathe them before we were let in at 7.00pm - but it didn't really work ... anyway we were eventually let in ... and I ended up not with the other MFC'ers but on Imma's side of the stage ... I did consider going over to where Rose, Vicky, Silver, Laura and Viv etc were ... but most of the barrier had gone on that side so I decided I was better off where I was ... I was right next to the LG's too so knew they would be moving ... Eric ... I like Eric ... I need to get some of his stuff on Itunes ... he's really grown on me ... loved him again ... What can I say about Mika ... not alot ... I couldn't see him very well - but he was just amazing ... I don't regret going to Bristol ... though I think in retrospect it was a gig too far for me ... being so ill after - kind of made me realise my limitations ... :aah: Mika does pretty much make you forget everything ... ill health or watering eyes are just a distraction when he's on stage ... but once he'd finished and the lights went up ... I realised just how bad I was .... everything was just a blur ... I can't see very much out of my right eye anyway (it's lazy and doesn't ever want to focus on anything) but am used to being ok with my left - not being able to see out of that panicked me big time ... said it before ... will say it again ... thank you for those who helped me after the show ... eventually made it to a toilet so I could try to bathe them again ... and eventually after speaking to a medic - made my way outside to wait for Mika .... yes I should have probably gone to A&E like they said ... but when you're in a strange city on your own - I wasn't really thinking straight ... I did see Mika .... I think ... he signed my ticket anyway ... :lmfao: I didn't really notice him so that was a fail ... started feeling bad again ... cold/flu and eyes combined ... so I just decided to go ... again sorry for those I worried by disappearing :huglove: ..... went to bed ... and If I'm not mistaken ... I remember Vicky phoning my room awhile later to check if I was there ... or was this a dream ... :lmfao: I think she did .... had breakfast with Laura, Vicky and Viv .... and finally left to make my way home :)

I have to say .... I've loved every minute of my week and abit with Mika ... never done it before ... would do it again ... but maybe not so many at once ... I don't know how you lot do it ... :aah:

wow!!

Amazing night!

not gonna post too much tonight as my bed is calling me

Erik Hassle was good - though seemed like only me and my friend where dancing about to them though :naughty:

Mika.... more energetic than sunday, really amazing gig to finish of the tour

i shall leave you with a pic that i just uploaded :)

mika2.jpg

really funny!

Great to pop back here and read the reports and esp from Katrien ( very sweet) and Laurel ( very naughty!):naughty:

Yes i did call your room Laurel as we were worried about you!!!:sneaky2:

Please tell us next time you leave a city late at night suddenly!:wink2:

It was a great gig again :biggrin2:

Thanks for the vids Laurel which i'll enjoy over the next wee whilexxx

Great to pop back here and read the reports and esp from Katrien ( very sweet) and Laurel ( very naughty!):naughty:

Yes i did call your room Laurel as we were worried about you!!!:sneaky2:

Please tell us next time you leave a city late at night suddenly!:wink2:

It was a great gig again :biggrin2:

Thanks for the vids Laurel which i'll enjoy over the next wee whilexxx

Sorry ... :teehee::bow: I didn't think I dreamt that ... :lmfao:

Hope you like the vids ... I love them ... esp Toyboy and Lollipop :boing:

• 1 year later...

I was just reading my report above ... god ... so much has changed for me in the last two years ... and I had no idea it was coming ... it made me tear up abit ... I have no idea why ... :tears::aah:

Maybe cos' it's nearly Mothers Day and everything :(

Archived