REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

Colston Hall was an amazing venue, because the queue (at least for the early people) was indoors :shocked:, and there was a coffee bar, and plenty of toilets (very high-tech). This is how queuing should be :thumb_yello:.

We had decided at Hammersmith that it might be nice to say thanks to Mrs Penniman and Yasmine, so we arranged for flowers to be delivered for them both.

Mama P was really delighted and came out to say thank you to us, she said it was the first time she had been sent flowers (? :shocked:). (We saw her carrying them to the car after the gig).

And then Yasmine came out and said thanks too, so it was nice to have made them both so happy.

(:mf_rosetinted: We sent His Curliness some flowers too, otherwise he would only have whinged. :naughty:)

AWWWWWWWWW!!! That's so sweet! I bet they loved them!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss:roftl::roftl:

Setting the standard:thumb_yello:

<will try harder in europe>:naughty:

I hope you get to dress up in a corset!

Just got home. Need sleep before I can do any proper reporting, was an amazing night, though I can't hear out of my left ear. Got loads of eye contact and all that kind of sh*t that makes me go fangurly.

Don't worry Rose, I wasn't offended when he insulted my artistry, it just meant that I got more attention from him and I'll never complain about that, hahaha. Still, at least I don't get his attention by being nasty or hypocritical, so that's all right.

I'll upload pics a bit later, was a fab end to the tour, thanks to everyone who's made these last 2 1/2 weeks so much fun. I've loved every second. Back to real life now though, sigh.

I definitely did not get an email from one of my writing lecturers today telling me he was concerned about my absence.

:fisch:

Thanks for the reports!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that they were deliberately pushing it onto us, but it kept falling onto Alice and the other little girls.

Thanks again, for being so kind to Alice. She thinks you're wonderful (and so do I!)

:wub2:

Great pics!!:blush-anim-cl:

Delighted to read your review, meet you again and let way for little Alice!

So nice to see her enjoying the gig!!:wub2:

I never caught what he'd said to Alice but see now re the coke! probably assuming as she's a kid she likes coke?:naughty:

It was great the crowd rose to Mika casue at one point it seemed so quiet compared to other tour nights!! not once he bounced on tho:wub2:

Mika was palyful and happy and i even got some fake snow thrown on me at one point!:teehee:

Great end of UK tour gig and i've been so lucky to be at so many this time ....

Sharing the experiences with people is the best fun...

What did he say when you menioned Wales anyway?!!:sneaky2:

Oh, he was so giving you lots of eye contact last night:wink2:

And the snow too, he really was watching you last night:naughty:

I loved his comment to Alice, he pointed at her and everything, it was marvellous:thumb_yello:

Come to Nice!

Come to Nice!

Come to Nice!

Come to Nice!

Come to Nice!

I'd love to, especially as you, Kath and Robi are all going, but May is impossible for me. I couldn't even manage a UK gig in May because I work 7 days a week.:sad:

I'd love to, especially as you, Kath and Robi are all going, but May is impossible for me. I couldn't even manage a UK gig in May because I work 7 days a week.:sad:

I suppose May's a busy time. Pity.

ok heres my little longer report:

Got to the venue around 3:00, was number 22, the wait seemed to go rather quickly, mainly because we were a bit tipsy :teehee:

somewhere during the time we moved up the stairs, we lost out tickets, and about half 6 we had a massive panic on, but they had been handed in to the info desk..lol

was center-ish 2nd row...thought eric hassle was brill, he has such an amazing voice, and kept looking at me and my friend singing along :naughty:

Mika - wow, he just seemed so happy, and so much eye contact, really makes you wanna dance more, which i did :D after the MFCers left the front to be BG/LG's (sorry i dont know your names!) i was at the front, which was great, havnt been to the front before, and it seemed to go so fast!

During the last song, when EH's drummer was in the BG outfit, his underwear started coming down..and saw a bit too much lol

didnt get to meet him after :( but got a drumstick, so happy!

Overall an amazing gig, better than the sun gig :thumb_yello:

Hello All, First time posting on here.

Saw Mika last night with my wife and my best mate, we were front row to the right, very close to the speakers, my wife ears are still ringing, hope she will be ok,

Really fantastic excellent performance, never been to his gig before and I was very impressed, we saw him afterwards for signing, friendly guy, got a few photos from the show as well sorry about the quality as taken from phone as camera didn't work properly - new batts but said they were empty?, anyway got to venue about 4:30pm, I live on the outskirts of Bristol so wasn't very far to go, starting queuing about 5:00ish, glad we did as lots of people turned up just after then, Had a really great time the memory will stay with me for a long time.

Photos:

27031_343176766781_600936781_4018671_6394494_n.jpg

27031_343176786781_600936781_4018673_4154828_n.jpg

27031_343176811781_600936781_4018675_6491091_n.jpg

27031_343176841781_600936781_4018679_8358279_n.jpg

27031_343176861781_600936781_4018680_6118909_n.jpg

27031_343176886781_600936781_4018682_5722163_n.jpg

Do we know if he said thanks?

He didn't mention them as far as I know, but he did take them home, didn't he? We saw John put them in the car.

Just hope he knew who acctually sent them, like Mrs P and Yasmine did, would feel bad for Silver if someone else got the credit for her work.

It was pretty odd, that's why I wondered if it was conjunctivis coming on.

I'd go and see your GP if it carries on over the weekend:thumb_yello:

It sounds a lot like it Could be conjunctivitus Rose.

Well done again Silver for ordering the flowers for Mrs P and family .... Yasmine was over the moon when she spoke to us and said this was so nice and the first time anyone had done this for them:biggrin2:They have been really sweet this tour and we have had so much interaction with them cause of the stage performances ....so yay!

I heard earlier and that really is a lovely gesture :wub2: , things like that make MFC and give us such a nice name

Nice one Silver

yes it was a lovley of you to think of them and to invite some of us to help out a little with the cost, probs didnt cover it since not many of us, but I guess a little is better than nothing and they DID seem really touched to recieve them.

PS. I am soo pleased he loved your gift, it was VERY Mika-ish & unique, He always seems to appreciate things people have made themselves. I wish I could come up with creative ideas like that, I can make stuff I just am naff at ideas lol.

Hello All, First time posting on here.

Saw Mika last night with my wife and my best mate, we were front row to the right, very close to the speakers, my wife ears are still ringing, hope she will be ok,

Really fantastic excellent performance, never been to his gig before and I was very impressed, we saw him afterwards for signing, friendly guy, got a few photos from the show as well sorry about the quality as taken from phone as camera didn't work properly - new batts but said they were empty?, anyway got to venue about 4:30pm, I live on the outskirts of Bristol so wasn't very far to go, starting queuing about 5:00ish, glad we did as lots of people turned up just after then, Had a really great time the memory will stay with me for a long time.

Photos:

27031_343176766781_600936781_4018671_6394494_n.jpg

27031_343176786781_600936781_4018673_4154828_n.jpg

27031_343176811781_600936781_4018675_6491091_n.jpg

27031_343176841781_600936781_4018679_8358279_n.jpg

27031_343176861781_600936781_4018680_6118909_n.jpg

27031_343176886781_600936781_4018682_5722163_n.jpg

Welcome, good to have a West Country presence on here:thumb_yello:

Your photos are brilliant, wish my "hi tech" phone was as good.

Report..sorta I usually don't do them.

Travelled down straight after work on Weds night, so arrived about 1.30 am, was very tired by then a long way from Teesside but hey ho.

Got to gig after a meander down there cant remember time, wasnt paying attention as shopping on way lol.

Found some MFC ppl in lobby sat on cubes, we then made our way up stairs and arranged ourselves in number order, I was number 9 and even though there was no pushing or shoving I ended up right near the end of front row, think some people were keeping places for friends etc ho hum, thats life.

Had quite a good time all the same, totally loved Erik again grooved my thaaang through BOTH gigs (as you do), was quite near to speakers so could hear things in Mika's voice that I don't usually hear lol.

Was good being on David's side again cos I was taking a lot of notice of the things he does, (gives you more chance when Mika doesnt keep prancing about in front you distracting you) :naughty:

I don't tend to take any vids cos my cam is poo took a few pics but they won't be up to much, I prefer to enjoy the gig through my own eyes anyway.

David must still think I look like his mum cos he still keeps looking at me smiling away and nodding and stuff during and after the gig.

got enough of the right kinda eye contact off the big guy too (by that I mean in my fave songs lol), loved how he interacted with audience this time, he was funny and his infectious giggle set us all off.

It was hilarious when I realized Eriks band were in the costumes during Lollipop, :roftl: was trying to catch a balloon for a little girl but I think she got one in the end.

The gig itself.... was great, I thought there might be even more craziness than there was for the last UK gig on the tour, but he had a bit of daft banter that was good. I also enjoyed seeing the ending cos he added to it since Newcastle.

Have to say I LOVED the venue, the most relaxed "audience safety" ppl I have encountered yet (Leeds pretty high up there too). But these guys OFFERED to put our bags and coats under the barriers, took photos for us, got us drinks of water, put small children out of harms way on the step in front of the barriers etc, they were fab :thumb_yello: for once I didnt feel like I was in a heard of sheep lol.

M&G afterwards was okay, not too many ppl, I didnt take much notice of what was going on till he was nearly upon us, just watched Silver give him her lovely gift she made for him which he was thrilled with.

Then he signed a few tickets etc, while chatting with us, Rose will have told you about what he said to her, we blamed Jazzy for the artwork lol, :teehee: but to be fair she was only following orders, anyway it made for a loooong talking point with Mika, which can only be a good thing lol.

we joked about him not wanting Roses gift but he said he never says no to gifts lol, so she showed him it and told him all about the book, he REALLY liked it "thats going STRAIGHT in my library" he said, I kinda joked with him and said he would have to stick it into google translate if he wanted to know the stories in it since it was in German lol, and he asked where she found it, so she told him we hunted it down online or something like that, (she had given up getting it on time for him you see, but when she stayed at mine after Newcaslte, I found it for her online when we got home so ordered it to go to her house etc), yeey she was a happy lady lol.

Then he was looking directly at me again :wub2: and telling me all about how the show is all going to change and stuff but will have to wait and see (what a tease, now he makes me want to go to MORE gigs, clever guy pfft).

He kinda came back a bit and took hold of Rose's shoulder and said everything was fine or ok or something, cos she was a bit worried about the pengy face, but he KNOWS Rose is lovley lady so no need for her to worry lol.

Just chatted amongst ourselves while he signed the last few ppl, next thing he was gone.

Waited a little while chatting more, said goodbye to the band, worried about Laurel disapearing, kept looking for her etc but we know she got back ok in the end (naughty girl Laurel, next time tell us or you go to the naughty step).:naughty:

so it was a german book? :shocked: which one? wonder if i know it. :bleh:

rose, why did you have a german book when you were a kid? :blink:

thanx everyone for all the pix+reports so far! :wub2:

so it was a german book? :shocked: which one? wonder if i know it. :bleh:

rose, why did you have a german book when you were a kid? :blink:

thanx everyone for all the pix+reports so far! :wub2:

It's Struwwelpeter, by Dr Henrich Hoffman.

The version I had was in English, but the one I got for Mika is in the original German.:thumb_yello:

It's Struwwelpeter, by Dr Henrich Hoffman.

The version I had was in English, but the one I got for Mika is in the original German.:thumb_yello:

ah ok, of course i know that! so it's not that popular outside of germany, so mika would've known it too when he was little? :blink: it's a book that almost every child has/knows here in germany, i think i still have my old copy somewhere in the basement too. :bleh:

i've never thought about how children's books are different in different countries, thought they'd be universal for all countries, like for example grimm's fairytales or harry potter. but at least you had struwwelpeter as a kid... what is he called in english? :naughty:

do you have max & moritz by wilhelm busch in english as well? those are some dark+twisted stories too, i guess mika would love them. :naughty:

During the last song, when EH's drummer was in the BG outfit, his underwear started coming down..and saw a bit too much lol

:shocked: I'm not gonna ask!

dscf3303.png

dscf3299copy.png

dscf3305copy.png

dscf3287copy.png

My favorite pic for sure:

dscf3294.png

That's a beautiful picture! :wub2: you should tweet it to Jimmy if you haven't already..

I love all these, epsecially the one of Martin and Jimmy, and the one where Mika's standing on the piano :wub2:

Archived