REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA @ Colston Hall, Bristol - MARCH 4 2010

guylainem123

I also can't understand why he chooses between Good Gone Girl and One Foot Boy.

The only reason I can think of is that he shares credit on these songs :dunno: but it cannot really be a point he basis his decision upon..

Leave Mr Brown alone.:sneaky2: He's had a tough life emotionally. He needs to stay and we should listen to his life story at each gig until we find out who he is:biggrin2:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also can't understand why he chooses between Good Gone Girl and One Foot Boy. They're both great live! I was a little worried about OFB before I heard it live because, as someone mentioned, there are the complex harmonies; but, having heard it live I think it works really well. On the North American tour, OFB was one of the highlights for me along with Happy Ending, Blue Eyes, and WAG. Those are the four songs of his I would always want to hear live. :wub2:

(I just noticed that this recording tiibet took of OFB in Boston has over 1500 views - WAY more than any other vids from that tour. Interesting).

I'd be all for him scrapping Billy Brown though. No offense to Mr. Brown, but there are better choices. :teehee:

I think it has views because you like it, Mana :roftl: I will certainly bring you the original version when I see you in Scandinavia. It was a brilliant performance. It wasn't one of my favorites before I saw it live. It is wonderful live, I hope so much he will do it during the European tour :wub2:

I think PUOTF would be so lovely during acoustic shows, but not sure he is going to sing it during this tour :blink: And I must say I love the new drumming intro and I hope he will keep Lollipop for that reason.

I like the Lollipop drum bit too, but he could throw that in anywhere. It doesn't need Lollipop.

That's true. If he wants to leave out something, it could be Lollipop, but he must keep the drumming!! :mf_lustslow:

The only reason I can think of is that he shares credit on these songs :dunno: but it cannot really be a point he basis his decision upon..

Leave Mr Brown alone.:sneaky2: He's had a tough life emotionally. He needs to stay and we should listen to his life story at each gig until we find out who he is:biggrin2:

Hmm. You mean a writing credit? I don't think that would be it, because a lot of the songs have co-writers - Jodi Marr co-wrote Toy Boy, for example. :dunno:

And sorry Mr. Brown, but your troubles are SO 2007. :shun:

I think it has views because you like it, Mana :roftl: I will certainly bring you the original version when I see you in Scandinavia. It was a brilliant performance. It wasn't one of my favorites before I saw it live. It is wonderful live, I hope so much he will do it during the European tour :wub2:

As much as I'd like to take credit for all 1500 views, it actually isn't me. :naughty: I ripped a low quality version of that vid not long after you posted it (if that bothers you, I'm sorry! :blush-anim-cl:) So about 1300 of those views are from other OFB lovers. :roftl:

I also can't understand why he chooses between Good Gone Girl and One Foot Boy. They're both great live! I was a little worried about OFB before I heard it live because, as someone mentioned, there are the complex harmonies; but, having heard it live I think it works really well. On the North American tour, OFB was one of the highlights for me along with Happy Ending, Blue Eyes, and WAG. Those are the four songs of his I would always want to hear live. :wub2:

(I just noticed that this recording tiibet took of OFB in Boston has over 1500 views - WAY more than any other vids from that tour. Interesting).

I'd be all for him scrapping Billy Brown though. No offense to Mr. Brown, but there are better choices. :teehee:

I had not seen this vid before, and I have to say, I can see why he doesn't do it, he did a great job of it on the vid but I can now appreciate just how hard that song will be when done live, I adore the song too (one one of my faves) though I DO love the way he does Dr. John live too could watch that on repeat lol.

yup OFB sure looks a tricky little beggar to do live.

Hmm. You mean a writing credit? I don't think that would be it, because a lot of the songs have co-writers

yes, I know , but Rain and Toy Boy are a 'must' from the new album, aren't they.... no, actually, it still doesn't make sense...:naughty:

Anyway, I was even thinking that with the new song out soon (the title track of that Kick Ass movie) he might add that one, too.

and one other thing for everyone to think about... If Lollipop is out, how can he have a grand finale? No baloons, no fun? It is a perfect ending to the show, in my opinion...

and one other thing for everyone to think about... If Lollipop is out, how can he have a grand finale? No baloons, no fun? It is a perfect ending to the show, in my opinion...

He can do all that with Grace Kelly. These good elements of Lollipop are all contrived for the show and have nothing to do with the song. He can add them elsewhere just like he's doing the confetti canons in WAG now.

I said that he seemed to know a lot about us, and asked him if he knew a Portuguese lady who does really funny captions, called Willywonka, and he said "oh, yes!". Hilarious.

[/color]

:shocked:

:teehee:

You and I. Madrid. Chat. Bring boxer gloves...:boxed:

:biggrin2:

:naughty:

Sorry don't normally post on here but do read quite a bit:thumb_yello:

What a great night, Mika was bloody amazing:biggrin2: it was lovely to have Mika back in Bristol:biggrin2: (I was one of the lucky 10 or so people:shocked: that seen him on his first visit a few years ago when he was unknown at the Fleece and Firkin) I've some what fallen out of love with Mika over the last month's because I've been into other music and other bands but Thursday night brought everything back and reminded me why I love him and his music:biggrin2:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=155059&id=674429409&l=9a9ba17154 (my photos)

welcome back to mfc! you are very luck to have been part of the few who saw him so early in his career. :blush-anim-cl:

i also would like to hear more of tbwktm songs on this tour... he could drop billy brown and big girls :fisch:

i'd love to hear ggg live, and i enjoyed ofb soooooo much!

as for puotf, i'm not a huge fan.... i love his vocals on it, but i think that's the my least fav of the new album. sorry :teehee: and don't kill me, but i'm not a Lady Jane fan either. something about fish that just doesn't do it for me :roftl:

don't kill me, but i'm not a Lady Jane fan either. something about fish that just doesn't do it for me :roftl:

Sure about that? Watch this and then tell me that. :fangurl:

Oh and Lonely Alcoholic is one of my favourite of his songs to hear live. Shame he only did it a few times. :tears:

Sure about that? Watch this and then tell me that. :fangurl:

Oh and Lonely Alcoholic is one of my favourite of his songs to hear live. Shame he only did it a few times. :tears:

:no: i just don't like the lyrics... if it wasn't about a fish, i'd be fine with it! :aah:

i like the music, the harmony to it though but "here's another reason you shouldn't eat fish?" :aah: nope, not for me. but i like it better then "erase" :naughty:

i love lonely alcoholic :wub2:

as for puotf, i'm not a huge fan.... i love his vocals on it, but i think that's the my least fav of the new album. sorry :teehee: and don't kill me, but i'm not a Lady Jane fan either. something about fish that just doesn't do it for me :roftl:

Don't say something like that!! :tears: Lady Jane is beautiful! Beautiful!!!! :wub2::wub2::wub2: I want to hear it live again, some day...

As much as I'd like to take credit for all 1500 views, it actually isn't me. :naughty: I ripped a low quality version of that vid not long after you posted it (if that bothers you, I'm sorry! :blush-anim-cl:) So about 1300 of those views are from other OFB lovers. :roftl:

Lol, it doesn't bother me, I do the same thing :roftl: But is there any difference to watch the original? Is it bigger? Oh, I'm really bad in these things...

one foot boy always reminds me of california. :wub2: especially of oakland, where he danced around on stage with his crutches. the song has this special holiday feeling for me, and i'd love to hear it live again. :wub2: if he has to choose between ofb and ggg, i hope he changes it with each show, instead of doing 10 shows with one, then 10 shows with the other one. :rolls_eyes:

and i love lady jane as well. :wub2: also the lyrics. :fisch: about this one i agree though, that it's better for acoustic shows than for a tour. puotf works fine on a tour though, as he showed in the us. :biggrin2:

:shocked: <blinks> :shocked:

Its like staring at the sun too long , that image is fixed in my eyes <blinks>

Imagine being directly in front of it while its happening, breathtaking! LOL!!!

I could happily lose Big Girl and Billy Brown, but WAG is fantastic live. I'm tired of Lollipop too, though I love the drumming intro.

I love "I See You", though I have no idea why he uses the umbrella as a prop :naughty:

The umbrella is symbollic, it's representing the person he's talking to ;-)

So, to get this back to reports and stuff... Does anyone have a video of lollipop and relax?

you are right mod! :sneaky2:

just one thing....:blush-anim-cl:

i love all the old songs...don't know which he could drop off...

and i'd like to have more live music on I see you (violins on stage) and a proper choir for Touches you. i find the two songs much more effective on cd than live

*runs and hides*

you are right mod! :sneaky2:

just one thing....:blush-anim-cl:

i love all the old songs...don't know which he could drop off...

and i'd like to have more live music on I see you (violins on stage) and a proper choir for Touches you. i find the two songs much more effective on cd than live

*runs and hides*

Okay if you're going for it... :naughty:

I see everyone has their idea about how they'd like it to be so here's mine :teehee: Drop billy brown & any other world, bring in pick up and ofb! I totally agree with you on the violins:thumb_yello::wub2:

Archived