• I don't like it/hate it.

We are young

we are strong

and we just can't get enough of this song

we're not cool

we are free

we keep on humming it even when we pee...:naughty:

:biggrin2:

Priceless and so true! But tody in church it was playing in my head when I should have been listening to the preacher!!

I'm such a sinner! Blame it on the Mika!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a passion in his voice and a danceable rhythm (at least in the verses) that is lacking in most of his recorded tracks. The chorus is flat in that sense unfortunately or the song would, hands down, be the best he's recorded since GK IMO.

Even though the chorus is comparatively weak at least the falsetto is easy on the ears and I think that's why people who don't particularly care for Mika are liking it. I know fans balk at his voice being manipulated but I think it's really useful this way. You can still hear "Mika" loud and clear but it's taken the edge off.

His falsetto is really an acquired taste for some people and if they don't have any reason to listen to his music they won't acquire it. It took me a long time to come to love songs like Love Today and Happy Ending and I was crazy about GK on first listen. Without the passion and excitement of his live performances I'm sure I never would have come around and probably written Mika off as a one-hit wonder and threw my copy of LICM in the back of the closet somewhere. It really is marmite for some people.

Maybe a superfan such as yourself can, but I played it loudly and my mom asked me "Who's that?" I said "It's Mika :blink:" And she said "That does not sound like him."

Right, somewhere in another thread (or maybe it was this one??) I said I didn't really like it. Well, I've discovered it's a frikkin amazing song to dance to!!!! I love it now!!! It's like a danceable version of we are golden with the same energy. It's just a bit hard to like at the beginning. I absolutely adore it when he says "We are the dream". I really hope it does well in the charts :)!

I L O V E it!!

It reminds me just a wee bit too much of We are golden. But wag is on the other hand frikkin amazing, so this could be like WAG the second, to make it last longer! :D

I love the energy, the sound, his voice, the little shouts, and of course the video. He looks mighty fine in those glasses! ;)

This is one of my favorite Mika songs!!

Gah! I've been away from MFC for so long I only just discovered it today. :( But I absolutely LOVEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!! The lyrics are amazing, and its Mika, so of course the singing is too. I am now in the process of listening to it over and over again about 50 million times. And it is this close to overtaking SITM as my fave song. :biggrin2:

finally decided to choose the first option. :naughty: i love hearing it after the gigs, and keep on dancing and jumping for one more song, after mika has left the stage. :fangurl:

wouldn't mind at all if he played it live though... :fisch::naughty:

• 8 months later...

Archived