CazGirl

Do you like Kick-Ass?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Kick-Ass?

• I FREAKIN' LOVE IT.
    • It's alright.
    • I'm not sure...
    • I don't like it/hate it.

I don't know really, I guess it will grow on me... but right now, I'm not impressed by it. :blink:. Weird thing, I think it's the first time this happens to me with a Mika's song.

Anyway, I hope it does well in the charts :)

me too. It's too much like WAG only I like the melody less. It resembles Lady gaga and that's not really my style. Still, i'll have to listen to it more times before I have a clear opinion!!!
it happened to me with WAG, then it grew on me and I fell in love with it the first time I heard it live

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't love it.

It kicks ass. It does what it was meant to do. It works on the levels it was intended to work on, but the chorus is flat musically. Each time the chorus repeats, it's got the exact same percussion and intonation. It's like it's looped. So, when I listen to the song, I feel like it's building up to something, but then it just lies there in the same place it's been the whole time. It's a good place, but the verses make it feel like the chorus wants to be more dynamic.

I can come up with a valid artistic reason for that and I might even be right, but even if I am right, that doesn't make the song more interesting for my ear. My ears are still sitting there right on the verge and not being brought over the edge, where they want to be.

It's a kick ass song, but it doesn't kick my ass.

I enjoy it, just not as much as I would like to.

I understand what you mean. The chorus could have lead up to something more than it did. But I like how it's repeated, I think it gives the song empowerment... like it's supposed to. Also, If you listen, everytime it's repeated it's almost as if they've added another element secretly into the background. I thinks it's little tweaks like this which add up to a full record. I love it :swoon:

I absolutely love it xD

I think it's pretty awesome and it's different but with total Mika-esque features still, so I'd say the collabaration between him and Red One has worked.

I LOVE the video too. I need some pictures from that hehe.

I absolutely love it xD

I think it's pretty awesome and it's different but with total Mika-esque features still, so I'd say the collabaration between him and Red One has worked.

I LOVE the video too. I need some pictures from that hehe.

Me tooo :mf_lustslow: I really really love it. I was a bit aprehensive at first but now I'm unconditionally in love :swoon:

Me tooo :mf_lustslow: I really really love it. I was a bit aprehensive at first but now I'm unconditionally in love :swoon:

I really am in love too hehe. I mean the glasses in the video :mf_lustslow: But I want it to be released so I can play it louder as the CD versions are usually louder than videos on the internet. :biggrin2: Lolz

I don't love it.

It kicks ass. It does what it was meant to do. It works on the levels it was intended to work on, but the chorus is flat musically. Each time the chorus repeats, it's got the exact same percussion and intonation. It's like it's looped. So, when I listen to the song, I feel like it's building up to something, but then it just lies there in the same place it's been the whole time. It's a good place, but the verses make it feel like the chorus wants to be more dynamic.

I can come up with a valid artistic reason for that and I might even be right, but even if I am right, that doesn't make the song more interesting for my ear. My ears are still sitting there right on the verge and not being brought over the edge, where they want to be.

It's a kick ass song, but it doesn't kick my ass.

I enjoy it, just not as much as I would like to.

EDIT: The video kicks my ass. I weep every time I watch it.

I am here to post a retraction. I just heard a full quality of the song.

IT KICKED MY ASS!

The high frequency and low bass nuances were missing on the version Perez posted. I was missing half of the song!

Hearing the full quality version gave me goosebumps and took me so far over the edge I came back around and went again. It was KICK ASS!

I need this on a CD so I can get a lossless encoded version on my iPod NOW!

EDIT: So glad I didn't vote earlier so that my vote ended up in the right spot when I made up my mind :punk:

I didn't want to see the movie because I haven't watched movies in almost two years, but I am going JUST so I can hear this song on the theatre sound system.

Conversion completed!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

I am here to post a retraction. I just heard a full quality of the song.

IT KICKED MY ASS!

The high frequency and low bass nuances were missing on the version Perez posted. I was missing half of the song!

Hearing the full quality version gave me goosebumps and took me so far over the edge I came back around and went again. It was KICK ASS!

I need this on a CD so I can get a lossless encoded version on my iPod NOW!

EDIT: So glad I didn't vote earlier so that my vote ended up in the right spot when I made up my mind :punk:

I didn't want to see the movie because I haven't watched movies in almost two years, but I am going JUST so I can hear this song on the theatre sound system.

great to hear that! :kachinga::biggrin2::wub2:

I think it's one of Mika's most uplifting yet, if a bit "obvious" in some places

Although i prefer most of his other songs it needs something like this to put him back in the map.

TBWKTM is not getting the recognition it deserves from radio or the public, it's better than LICM :sneaky2:

Hmmm. I like the video and I like the lyrics, but I'm not too crazy about the song. Can't really say why. Plus, I seem to forget how the song sounds right after I stop listening to it. :blink: (Which is weird, considering everyone else describes the song as 'catchy' and I usually have almost every song I listen to stuck in my head. :aah:)

I really wanna see this movie though. (And no, not because of Mika. :teehee:)

I still think that this song is musically unadventurous and weak lyrically - but the whole must be greater than the sum of the parts, as I have been singing the chorus to myself all day. It has definitely triggered the "straight to brain" reflex that a lot of Mika songs do.

I really hope it will be a huge hit, but I can't help wishing that some of Mika's better songs had been hits too.

I still think that this song is musically unadventurous and weak lyrically - but the whole must be greater than the sum of the parts, as I have been singing the chorus to myself all day. It has definitely triggered the "straight to brain" reflex that a lot of Mika songs do.

I really hope it will be a huge hit, but I can't help wishing that some of Mika's better songs had been hits too.

There is a passion in his voice and a danceable rhythm (at least in the verses) that is lacking in most of his recorded tracks. The chorus is flat in that sense unfortunately or the song would, hands down, be the best he's recorded since GK IMO.

Even though the chorus is comparatively weak at least the falsetto is easy on the ears and I think that's why people who don't particularly care for Mika are liking it. I know fans balk at his voice being manipulated but I think it's really useful this way. You can still hear "Mika" loud and clear but it's taken the edge off.

His falsetto is really an acquired taste for some people and if they don't have any reason to listen to his music they won't acquire it. It took me a long time to come to love songs like Love Today and Happy Ending and I was crazy about GK on first listen. Without the passion and excitement of his live performances I'm sure I never would have come around and probably written Mika off as a one-hit wonder and threw my copy of LICM in the back of the closet somewhere. It really is marmite for some people.

There is a passion in his voice and a danceable rhythm (at least in the verses) that is lacking in most of his recorded tracks. The chorus is flat in that sense unfortunately or the song would, hands down, be the best he's recorded since GK IMO.

Even though the chorus is comparatively weak at least the falsetto is easy on the ears and I think that's why people who don't particularly care for Mika are liking it. I know fans balk at his voice being manipulated but I think it's really useful this way. You can still hear "Mika" loud and clear but it's taken the edge off.

His falsetto is really an acquired taste for some people and if they don't have any reason to listen to his music they won't acquire it. It took me a long time to come to love songs like Love Today and Happy Ending and I was crazy about GK on first listen. Without the passion and excitement of his live performances I'm sure I never would have come around and probably written Mika off as a one-hit wonder and threw my copy of LICM in the back of the closet somewhere. It really is marmite for some people.

i cant believe you didnt love 'Love Today' and 'Happy ending'.

Happy ending gives me chills and broke my heart in a good way and Love Today was/is just fab to bounce to!

Archived