322 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Kick-Ass?

• I FREAKIN' LOVE IT.
    • It's alright.
    • I'm not sure...
    • I don't like it/hate it.

I'm just curious, is all.

So get voting! :thumb_yello:

All I've seen are positive things...which is AMAZING...I don't think I've ever seen quite a reaction to a Mika song before! Or if I have it's been a long, long time :roftl:

I'm just curious to see if there's anyone who actually doesn't like it...I'm interested in comparing the results...after all, I'm pretty sure it's one-sided really :biggrin2:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit underwhelmed by it - but then I thought Rain would be a huge hit :bleh:

I used to be able to tell what songs would be hits with just one listen - now I have given up trying to predict anything.

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE IT! cant get enough of it! Have listened to it all day :naughty:

We are young

we are strong

and we just can't get enough of this song

we're not cool

we are free

we keep on humming it even when we pee...:naughty:

:biggrin2:

I'm a bit underwhelmed by it - but then I thought Rain would be a huge hit :bleh:

I used to be able to tell what songs would be hits with just one listen - now I have given up trying to predict anything.

I think this one will be a huge hit

I think its okay. Very catchy, and in general a good pop song, but not really the Mika we know. I showed it to my Dad whos a casual Mika fan and he said ‘Kick ass doesn’t have the heart other Mika songs do. His other songs sound labored over and loved. Kick-ass doesn’t feel quite as real. More like a pop song bordering on trashy belonging to the charts. Some of the lyrics feel like Mika, but the rest of the song doesn’t.’

Same, actually.

Know why? We heard snippets of WAG and TBWKTM...with Kick Ass, we didn't get that. It was fresh on the first listen.

So true!

When I first heard the snippet of WAG, I didn't like it, but when I heard it in it's entirety, I loved it:wub2:

We are young

we are strong

and we just can't get enough of this song

we're not cool

we are free

we keep on humming it even when we pee...:naughty:

:biggrin2:

Stop it!

I'm gonna find myself singing your lyrics, in front of him, by mistake!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I think its okay. Very catchy, and in general a good pop song, but not really the Mika we know. I showed it to my Dad whos a casual Mika fan and he said ‘Kick ass doesn’t have the heart other Mika songs do. His other songs sound labored over and loved. Kick-ass doesn’t feel quite as real. More like a pop song bordering on trashy belonging to the charts. Some of the lyrics feel like Mika, but the rest of the song doesn’t.’

Ooh, burn :boxed:

someone on the german forum said they didn't like it at all. so it's possible. :teehee:

to me, i'm not sure yet whether to choose option 1 or 2. somewhere in between i guess. :naughty: it's catchy, i like it, i LOVE the video, it sounds like a hit. but it's probably not gonna become my fave mika song, it's a bit TOO commercial for that, for my liking. or maybe it's just because i can't see it 100% as a mika song yet, as it's not on the album. :dunno: but then, what do i know... i'd probably just have to hear it live one time to change my mind! :lmfao:

I absolutely.....

LOVE it. :teehee:

It's really odd though. It's the same length as most songs yet it seems to go by SUPER fast. I don't know how to put it but it seems very clean and simple (not as in it was simple to make) but as in not cluttered. Some songs hit you with a whole bunch of different lyrics that sometimes it can feel hectic but this one is very relaxing. I find myself listening to it over and over.

I hope that made sense. :naughty:

I absolutely.....

LOVE it. :teehee:

It's really odd though. It's the same length as most songs yet it seems to go by SUPER fast. I don't know how to put it but it seems very clean and simple (not as in it was simple to make) but as in not cluttered. Some songs hit you with a whole bunch of different lyrics that sometimes it can feel hectic but this one is very relaxing. I find myself listening to it over and over.

I hope that made sense. :naughty:

Makes sense...I heard it at 3pm yesterday...and was listening to it till midnight...:aah:

I have to admit, when i first heard it i wasn't immediately convinced. At first glance it seemed to me be a bit shallow, not too profound and i just thought "Wow, that's a nice one but not my favorite Mika song".

But after listening to it a second and a third time...i suddenly became hooked on it and now i can't get this catchy tune out of my head. Have to hear it over and over again and just can't get enough :naughty:

And i fell in love with the lyrics as well - i still have other Mika songs which i would call my favorite ones if i had to, but - the line "we're running with blood on our knees" is so inspiring and started a whole movie in my mind and even the simple lines like "we're not cool, we are free" got stuck in my head...

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to write a novel here :aah:

To make a long story short:

I FREAKIN' LOVE IT! :biggrin2:

I marked it on my calendar when I first heard it:aah:

OMG :aah:

I have to admit, when i first heard it i wasn't immediately convinced. At first glance it seemed to me be a bit shallow, not too profound and i just thought "Wow, that's a nice one but not my favorite Mika song".

But after listening to it a second and a third time...i suddenly became hooked on it and now i can't get this catchy tune out of my head. Have to hear it over and over again and just can't get enough :naughty:

And i fell in love with the lyrics as well - i still have other Mika songs which i would call my favorite ones if i had to but - the line "we're running with blood on our knees" is so inspiring and started a whole movie in my mind and even the simply lines like "we're not cool, we are free" got stuck in my head...

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to write a novel here :aah:

To make a lon stoty short:

I FREAKIN' LOVE IT! :biggrin2:

It took me a couple of listens too, but so did Grace Kelly lol :naughty::teehee:

I love the bit where he sings the chorus towards the end after the slowish bit, and it's just "boom, boom, boom" in the music...makes me want to shout and fist-pump :roftl:

I adore it, I think the whole look and story fo the vid REALLY apeals to me, his acting in it is brilliant, he is sooo talented I feel like there is nothing this man can't do, I totally LOVE his artiness, his talent, leaves me gobsmacked.

I kinda feel really proud of him for this one, (I do anyway) but... even more so.

I feel like the story of the vid gets to me cos it's kinda how I sometimes wonder how it was like for Mika when he was bullied etc, so it seems to fit with his own story in a way.

I also LOVE the higher notes that he blasts out with kick ass attitude.

On another note, my team leader at work laughs at my Mikaering around the country and calls me a stalker and says Mika must know me and shizzle (I WISH LOL):naughty: But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

I adore it, I think the whole look and story fo the vid REALLY apeals to me, his acting in it is brilliant, he is sooo talented I feel like there is nothing this man can't do, I totally LOVE his artiness, his talent, leaves me gobsmacked.

I kinda feel really proud of him for this one, (I do anyway) but... even more so.

I feel like the story of the vid gets to me cos it's kinda how I sometimes wonder how it was like for Mika when he was bullied etc, so it seems to fit with his own story in a way.

On another note, my team leader at work laughs at my Mikaering around the country and calls me a stalker and says Mika must know me and shizzle (I WISH LOL):naughty: But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

:lmfao:

Brilliant.

Archived