CazGirl

Do you like Kick-Ass?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Kick-Ass?

• I FREAKIN' LOVE IT.
    • It's alright.
    • I'm not sure...
    • I don't like it/hate it.

Makes sense...I heard it at 3pm yesterday...and was listening to it till midnight...:aah:

I guess what I was trying to say was that it flows nicely. :naughty: It's so easy to listen to it that long because it goes by fast! Next thing you know you come back to reality and you've heard it 5 times. :naughty:

I really liked the video too, even though I hate the thought of him or anyone I like hurt that way (I know, I know it was fake.) I just loved the transformation during it. Also how he was dressed in the beginning made him look like a young professor. I have to admit I love the suit jacket and jean combo on guys and I really wished more dressed like that. Casual yet dressy my fav. :naughty:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess what I was trying to say was that it flows nicely. :naughty: It's so easy to listen to it that long because it goes by fast! Next thing you know you come back to reality and you've heard it 5 times. :naughty:

I really liked the video too, even though I hate the thought of him or anyone I like hurt that way (I know, I know it was fake.) I just loved the transformation during it. Also how he was dressed in the beginning made him look like a young professor. I have to admit I love the suit jacket and jean combo on guys and I really wished more dressed like that. Casual yet dressy my fav. :naughty:

Oh I much prefer geeky Mika than cleaned up Mika with hair off face complete with parrot wrapped round his waist :aah:

Mika + messy hair + grandpa jumpers = WIN. Mud is a bonus. :naughty:

Same, actually.

Know why? We heard snippets of WAG and TBWKTM...with Kick Ass, we didn't get that. It was fresh on the first listen.

I think that makes a BIG difference, it's so much better, I dont know why everything is leaked these days, typical GOTTA HAVE IT NOW attitude of society today, it's a shame cos it's like getting a huge suprise present if it's all new to you.

I adore it, I think the whole look and story fo the vid REALLY apeals to me, his acting in it is brilliant, he is sooo talented I feel like there is nothing this man can't do, I totally LOVE his artiness, his talent, leaves me gobsmacked.

I kinda feel really proud of him for this one, (I do anyway) but... even more so.

I feel like the story of the vid gets to me cos it's kinda how I sometimes wonder how it was like for Mika when he was bullied etc, so it seems to fit with his own story in a way.

I also LOVE the higher notes that he blasts out with kick ass attitude.

On another note, my team leader at work laughs at my Mikaering around the country and calls me a stalker and says Mika must know me and shizzle (I WISH LOL):naughty: But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I think htat makes a BIG difference, it's so much better, I dont know why everything is leaked these days, typical GOTTA HAVE IT NOW attitude of society today, it's a shame cos it's like getting a huge suprise present if it's all new to you.

Exactly. When the next album comes out I won't be listening to any snippets at all.

I love, love, love it. :mf_lustslow: times a million.

When I listen to it it gives me a similar feeling that We Are Golden does, and I love that. I felt like I just drank stars (if that makes sense), it's absolutely fun and inspiring and, well, kick ass. I like songs that make me feel like I can do anything. :naughty:

I really, really love when the piano comes in at the beginning, I think that's one of my favorite parts. I also really love when he screams some of the lyrics "We can make it BETTER!" :wub2:

:fangurl:

Oh I much prefer geeky Mika than cleaned up Mika with hair off face complete with parrot wrapped round his waist :aah:

Mika + messy hair + grandpa jumpers = WIN. Mud is a bonus. :naughty:

He pulled off the geeky look SO well that in fact it didn't really strike me much as geeky. :blink: I wouldn't mind seeing him dressed like that more often, not that I don't like his style though! I'm just a sucker for suit jacket and jeans.

He had a parrot wrapped around this waist?! What have I missed? :naughty: I've seen the Dr. John look with all the feathers. Is that what it is?

I think its okay. Very catchy, and in general a good pop song, but not really the Mika we know. I showed it to my Dad whos a casual Mika fan and he said ‘Kick ass doesn’t have the heart other Mika songs do. His other songs sound labored over and loved. Kick-ass doesn’t feel quite as real. More like a pop song bordering on trashy belonging to the charts. Some of the lyrics feel like Mika, but the rest of the song doesn’t.’

there's some truth in that. like i just said, it doesn't feel 100% mika-ish to me - thought it's just because it's not on the album, i think i feel similar for example about holy johnny. but hmm, hard to say... maybe i just need an interview with mika where he tells the story of the song, or what it means to him personally - as the "story" probably is just that he has written it for that movie. :dunno: maybe it's that... although the lyrics somehow feel like mika, the song isn't about mika's life like we're used to, but it's about the superheroes from that movie. whose story is similar to mika's, yes, so who knows, but... well, it still feels different. :bleh:

that's just me though, the general public won't notice those details, so i'm sure as long as the movie is a hit, this song will be as well. it goes together with that though, if the movie's a flop, probably also the song will be, no matter how good/catchy it is. :dunno: so let's all run to the cinemas! :biggrin2: (though in germany the movie is only out april 15 :aah:)

He pulled off the geeky look SO well that in fact it didn't really strike me much as geeky. :blink: I wouldn't mind seeing him dressed like that more often, not that I don't like his style though! I'm just a sucker for suit jacket and jeans.

He had a parrot wrapped around this waist?! What have I missed? :naughty: I've seen the Dr. John look with all the feathers. Is that what it is?

Just look for the feathers :aah:

But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

:lmfao: That must have given you so much satisfaction.

Exactly. When the next album comes out I won't be listening to any snippets at all.

I did that for the new tour, I didnt read any threads or wathc any vids of the gigs at all, so when I first saw it in Sheffield I was totally bowled over and fell in love with the songs all over again BECAUSE of the way he now performs them, it was like fricken CHRISTMAS day lol, :biggrin2: (that was me at Sheffield) and every gig after that I tell no lie when I say my bloody face aches with smiling so huge during those gigs, I can remember thinking it a few times during hte gigs too :naughty:.

I also have to admit the video has a BIG impact for me on just how much I like the song, cos I heard it FIRST then saw the vid about 10 mins later, the vid sold me on how great it is for sure.

I did that for the new tour, I didnt read any threads or wathc any vids of the gigs at all, so when I first saw it in Sheffield I was totally bowled over and fell in love with the songs all over again BECAUSE of the way he now performs them, it was like fricken CHRISTMAS day lol, :biggrin2: (that was me at Sheffield) and every gig after that I tell no lie when I say my bloody face aches with smiling so huge during those gigs, I can remember thinking it a few times during hte gigs too :naughty:.

I also have to admit the video has a BIG impact for me on just how much I like the song, cos I heard it FIRST then saw the vid about 10 mins later, the vid sold me on how great it is for sure.

I peeked in the threads sometimes because I like knowing how meet and greets go, but I didn't watch any videos either so it was a treat when I watched it for the first time as well. Well, the second time really, since I was 3rd or 4th row the first time and could barely see a thing.

I love the power in the song. My favourite parts are the high tones and the shouted parts. I also love the part were this little piano part starts, what turns it into something dramatic.

Or when the beat is like "doom doom doom doom doom" and the other instruments have a little break.

But what I miss is an actual ending. The fading out of the song hasn't the right...kablooie...or whatever you wanna call it^^

IF Mika sings it live, he has to add a real ending, IMO.

I really enjoyed kick ass, some of it was sooo mika but some of it i think was just really because it was for the movie, i do love to sing it really loud like wag and rain, on tbwktm and love today, big girl and grace kelly on licm!! The vid, huh! Hubba hubba, on the nerdy glasses, think i will start an official petition for mika to wear his glasses more often!(not on stage ob)

Archived