We are young

we are strong

and we just can't get enough of this song

we're not cool

we are free

we keep on humming it even when we pee...:naughty:

:biggrin2:

Willywonka, go to the naughty corner, sweetie!:roftl::biggrin2:

And I love this song! We are spoilt to get another brand new Mika song now!:biggrin2: I fell in love with it from the first time I heard it! It's very catchy! :thumb_yello: I've preordered the whole soundtrack just for Mika's song:fangurl:me:naughty: and I should get it on April 12th!:biggrin2:

It's a wonderful song!:wub2:Thank you Mika!:biggrin2:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally think that this would be a smart idea, so I reckon so :naughty:

I bet they do. It'd be awkward to get to one of the last gigs and wear it with one feather attached. :roftl: I guess if someone doesn't know what to get him for a gift they could get him feathers... or some other weird stuff that he could glue/sew onto his clothes. :teehee:

I'm going to listen to this song one last damn time and then I will go to bed :aah:

I started to doze off and the song was playing in my head. It was so clear I thought it was coming from my computer. It was relaxing. Then I heard a noise and woke up and was slightly bummed because the song stopped because it was only in my head. :aah:

I adore it, I think the whole look and story fo the vid REALLY apeals to me, his acting in it is brilliant, he is sooo talented I feel like there is nothing this man can't do, I totally LOVE his artiness, his talent, leaves me gobsmacked.

I kinda feel really proud of him for this one, (I do anyway) but... even more so.

I feel like the story of the vid gets to me cos it's kinda how I sometimes wonder how it was like for Mika when he was bullied etc, so it seems to fit with his own story in a way.

I also LOVE the higher notes that he blasts out with kick ass attitude.

On another note, my team leader at work laughs at my Mikaering around the country and calls me a stalker and says Mika must know me and shizzle (I WISH LOL):naughty: But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

Great job!:biggrin2: Mika rules!:mf_lustslow:

And I love those high notes in kick ass too!:mf_lustslow:

It is an inspiring, empowering song. Love the lyrics, especially "we're not cool, we are free". Mika's vocals are so powerful. Everything about this song is AMAZING.

Plus the video is equally brilliant. Mika's acting makes you believe that the story of both the video and the song is real and that gives you a :wub2: feeling.

Needless to say I voted for "I freakin LOVE it":biggrin2:

On another note, my team leader at work laughs at my Mikaering around the country and calls me a stalker and says Mika must know me and shizzle (I WISH LOL):naughty: But she was saying she hates Mika his music is too happy and annoying, and then told me how much she loves BOYZONE :yikes:"Do you like their new single, "GAVE IT ALL AWAY" I said, (you know whats coming dont you lol) "oh yes I LOVE it" she said all smiling.......

"WELL MIKA WROTE THAT SONG!!!!"

(that shut her up) :roftl:

:kachinga::biggrin2:

It is an inspiring, empowering song. Love the lyrics, especially "we're not cool, we are free". Mika's vocals are so powerful. Everything about this song is AMAZING.

Plus the video is equally brilliant. Mika's acting makes you believe that the story of both the video and the song is real and that gives you a :wub2: feeling.

Needless to say I voted for "I freakin LOVE it":biggrin2:

:kachinga::biggrin2:

share yr thoughts and vote :wub2::biggrin2:

Well....I think it's an ok song and it does the job well as a movie theme, I certainly don't dislike it. I'm just not overwhelmed by it. I find the chorus a bit dull to be honest :blink:. But I'm obviously in the vast minority here.

I like the video though and I do like Mika's shoutiness in the song. :biggrin2:

So curious about " kick ass " in MIKA's twitter.....

I'm sorry that I dont know the meaning of " kick ass ",

Can anyone tell me what is it? thanks :)

ass is actually the name of a donkey's head lol, but in slang term, "ass" (american) or "arse" (british) means a persons backside. If you say to someone "I'm gonna kick your ass!" it means you're gonna beat them or be better than them.

I have been listening ot it on repeat. The best parts are "better" with the desparate voice and " we ain't cool, we are free". I recognize a little bit of the "Only lonely one" piano part.

ass is actually the name of a donkey's head lol, but in slang term, "ass" (american) or "arse" (british) means a persons backside. If you say to someone "I'm gonna kick your ass!" it means you're gonna beat them or be better than them.

The title is actually Kick-Ass which sounds like it's being used as an adjective (eg a kick-ass movie, a kick-ass song), meaning "cool". But yes, it certainly appears as if everyone is getting their ass kicked in this movie so I suppose it's a bit of both. :naughty:

The title is actually Kick-Ass which sounds like it's being used as an adjective (eg a kick-ass movie, a kick-ass song), meaning "cool". But yes, it certainly appears as if everyone is getting their ass kicked in this movie so I suppose it's a bit of both. :naughty:

yes there's that as well :aah:

Love it! love it! Love it!

I too particularly love the shouting of "better" & the high tones for "we arrrre free."

I am too emabarrassed to admit how many times I have listened to Kick-Ass ove the last two days & how many times I will listen will listen to it today.

:shocked::roftl::roftl::shocked:

:teehee: I am playing it now as I post this. :thumb_yello::roftl:

I LLLOOOVVEEE it:wub2::tears:

When I first heard it, I felt like I discovered Mika for the first time again:wub2:

I have to agree with you there. I wasn't around here in the heady days of Grace Kelly, when Mika could do no wrong in the charts, but this song will, I'm certain, kick Mika's ass back into the charts again, where he belongs! I just love the attention this wonderful song is getting online, because the reaction seems to be overwhelmingly positive, and there is a lot of it!

In case you all hadn't guessed I freaking love it!!

Love it! love it! Love it!

I too particularly love the shouting of "better" & the high tones for "we arrrre free."

I am too emabarrassed to admit how many times I have listened to Kick-Ass ove the last two days & how many times I will listen will listen to it today.

:shocked::roftl::roftl::shocked:

:teehee: I am playing it now as I post this. :thumb_yello::roftl:

Same. I've been listening to it almost on repeat for the past two days!!!!! Can't wait for it to come out so I can get it on my iPod. I used to love Rain, but this is definitely better!!!

I saw the trailer for the film, which looked rubbish, but the music video makes it look much better!

I don't know really, I guess it will grow on me... but right now, I'm not impressed by it. :blink:. Weird thing, I think it's the first time this happens to me with a Mika's song.

Anyway, I hope it does well in the charts :)

me too. It's too much like WAG only I like the melody less. It resembles Lady gaga and that's not really my style. Still, i'll have to listen to it more times before I have a clear opinion!!!

Archived