Flash Mob Amsterdam gig May 2010

Monie

Great :thumb_yello:.

Mellody, I watched the Paris clip and I can see what you mean. I still think we should keep the bow, since it will make the last gesture much stronger, but we will have to do it quickly! And put the glasses on already on Lollipop I guess.

so on "we are" bow, and on "young" arm up in the air? bowing might be a bit difficult anyway though, with a barrier in front of you...

bout the glasses, will see what i'll do... i have some quite nerdy ones which i was actually wearing when i was younger :teehee: but they are real glasses to correct the sight, so together with my contact lenses i'm not sure whether i'll see much with them either. :teehee: guess i'll just take both and decide spontaneously. :bleh:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so on "we are" bow, and on "young" arm up in the air? bowing might be a bit difficult anyway though, with a barrier in front of you...

bout the glasses, will see what i'll do... i have some quite nerdy ones which i was actually wearing when i was younger :teehee: but they are real glasses to correct the sight, so together with my contact lenses i'm not sure whether i'll see much with them either. :teehee: guess i'll just take both and decide spontaneously. :bleh:

Can't you take out the glasses?

Is this bowing-thing (very) different from Monie's instructions?

Can't you take out the glasses?

Is this bowing-thing (very) different from Monie's instructions?

Not really. It is the same but it is a little quicker. It's no problem if the young already has sounded and then we make the gesture. It's not a real bow anyway, it is just lowering your self (going to the floor).

You stay on the same spot, you don't need extra space, it's the same as what Mika asked us to do during Love Today (we just leave out the jump :bleh:).

Thank you for posting it on the German forum :thumb_yello:.

About the glasses: whatever suits you best. Weirdo glasses are the funniest I think, I found some real weirdo ones at a party store. But if you don't have time to buy them sunglasses would be an option too. Tho you won't see that much with sunglasses on.

The bowing part is a real important part of the ending since it will make the arm up in the air movement after it extra strong. If I'm correct it is in the 3th chorus (at the end) that we are doing it so that would fit perfectly. But I will watch a clip of it to be sure, thank you for mentioning it.

Great :thumb_yello:.

Mellody, I watched the Paris clip and I can see what you mean. I still think we should keep the bow, since it will make the last gesture much stronger, but we will have to do it quickly! And put the glasses on already on Lollipop I guess.

I have huge glasses which I used in my WAG video.. But when I put them on.. And when my hair is not in a tail.. It looks very strange! :aah:

*searches for wag video where I'm wearing those*

omg.. I look ridiculous there..:roftl:

mijnbrillie.jpg

these glasses.. :teehee:

I have huge glasses which I used in my WAG video.. But when I put them on.. And when my hair is not in a tail.. It looks very strange! :aah:

*searches for wag video where I'm wearing those*

omg.. I look ridiculous there..:roftl:

mijnbrillie.jpg

these glasses.. :teehee:

You look very appropriate for the gig!!:mf_lustslow:

Specs on ..head move .. arms in the air

<knows the first few seconds>:teehee:

I didn't have this much exercise in ages! Seen and danced to Monie's vid 5 times in a row the last 20 minutes.

I am a total a-rythmic dancer. But I keep trying!

Specs on ..head move .. arms in the air

<knows the first few seconds>:teehee:

Great! But the first bit has changed a little dear Fredster, because of the fact that they don't play the first seconds of the song after the gig! :aah:

So: specs on during Lollipop, no headmove, arms in the air immediatly :roftl:!

When the beat starts you start to do the move with both your hands to the right, then to the left. Do you still understand it? Ah, we will have plenty of time to practice during queuing!

I tell you a secret: I typed out the entire dance, every move on a timeline:roftl: I have to remember how many times a move should be done!

Very smart! I had a collegue who did that every time we had to give a new Body Balance class :original:.

I am too rhytmic a dancer. With acting class we have to say a poem in an a- rhytmic way. I can't do it! Elk voordeel heb z'n nadeel (en andersom) :bleh:.

Great! But the first bit has changed a little dear Fredster, because of the fact that they don't play the first seconds of the song after the gig! :aah:

When the beat starts you start to do the move with both your hands to the right, then to the left. Do you still understand it? Ah, we will have plenty of time to practice during queuing!

No headmove? I'm glad, was difficult to practise because I cannot watch the computerscreen with my head sidewards....:wink2:

Very smart! I had a collegue who did that every time we had to give a new Body Balance class :original:.

I am too rhytmic a dancer. With acting class we have to say a poem in an a- rhytmic way. I can't do it! Elk voordeel heb z'n nadeel (en andersom) :bleh:.

hahaha:biggrin2: JC!

:aah:

No headmove? I'm glad, was difficult to practise because I cannot watch the computerscreen with my head sidewards....:wink2:

hahaha:biggrin2: JC!

The one and only :biggrin2:.

:aah:

Indeed! :aah:

But we'll manage!

Saw this on Hyves: (couldn't paste and copy so I typed it out)

Simon: Geweldig! Ik vond het vooral wel grappig dat je tijdens KickAss vooraan echt die die-hard fans 'het dansje' zag doen!

Het is dus toch iemand opgevallen!:mf_lustslow:

Woohoo, someone noticed us doing the flash mob :thumb_yello:.

"Het dansje" :biggrin2:.

I was driving to work this morning and it came on the radio .. I so wanted to do the moves :aah:

Such fun dammy was :wub2:

So now you know the moves (just kidding Freddie :wub2:) :roftl:.

I know what you mean, I have that too, the same with Blame it on the girls (because of the Global Dance Event).

I was driving to work this morning and it came on the radio .. I so wanted to do the moves :aah:

Such fun dammy was :wub2:

can you point me to a YT video pls?

has anyone filmed you during the actual performance?

can you point me to a YT video pls?

has anyone filmed you during the actual performance?

Hmmmmm I think Monie maybe better placed than me , I have seen no crowd video of it actually happening :blink:

On stage I was trying to look and see what was going on but it was all a blur:aah:

Hmmmmm I think Monie maybe better placed than me , I have seen no crowd video of it actually happening :blink:

On stage I was trying to look and see what was going on but it was all a blur:aah:

The only vid I have seen so far is this one where Ingie (and some LG's) do the mob, Ingie is even putting her glasses on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICv_A299s34

Next time we have to convince more people to participate :wink2:.

Yeh for the rocky horror show we will really try and promote .. this was phase 1 :biggrin2:

I meant participating in the flash mob (or are you planning on making a Rocky horror show flash mob) :roftl:.

Did you choose a Rocky character already?

Archived