Yeah it has got to be very wearing at times especially if he has trouble sleeping for whatever reason. But what can you do? It's very expensive to have an entire crew just sitting around literally half the time while Mika recharges his batteries.

I know, but I wish it could be possible! :naughty: Love that expression "recharges batteries" :lmfao: :lmfao:

I was just telling how many of us as fans feel, real world and what actually happens is a different thing...

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be ridiculous to plan a tour so that the artist always arrived the day before a gig, just to give plenty of time in case there was a problem. Financially you have to do a lot of gigs back to back. It's not just Mika staying in a hotel, you have to hotel the rest of the band and all the crew and drivers, and pay them their wages and per diems just the same on non-gig days as on gig days. So you have the same money going out, and nothing coming in on a non-gig day. It would just not be financially viable to string the tour out longer than is absolutely necessary.

It would be ridiculous to plan a tour so that the artist always arrived the day before a gig, just to give plenty of time in case there was a problem. Financially you have to do a lot of gigs back to back. It's not just Mika staying in a hotel, you have to hotel the rest of the band and all the crew and drivers, and pay them their wages and per diems just the same on non-gig days as on gig days. So you have the same money going out, and nothing coming in on a non-gig day. It would just not be financially viable to string the tour out longer than is absolutely necessary.

its not only for the unexpected problems like this, but the matter of the artist's full condition and keeping in top shape for gig also.

depart early morning, arrive around midday, get the venue immediately , soundcheck, and gig... too tight schedule isn't it?

I've seen some artists coming to the showday.. and others who comes to our country the day before showday too. Obviously, the formers performs well on the stage I can see this. Even some rude artists come to the city just few hours before the showtime, and delay the show, leave the audiences standing on the floor for few hours. Of course I don't think Mika doing this to us... as far as I know Mika never does like this. but when I heard that Mika comes to our country on the showday, I cannot help fearing for these things.

Did I cause all this with my post last night? :shocked: I wish I didn't remember so many things concerning my own thoughts. :sweatdrop:

It would be ridiculous to plan a tour so that the artist always arrived the day before a gig, just to give plenty of time in case there was a problem.

I just want to point out that my reaction - weeks ago - was connected to the first gig in Lisbon and the days before that gig. Thanks. :boxed:

depart early morning, arrive around midday, get the venue immediately , soundcheck, and gig... too tight schedule isn't it I've seen some artists coming to the showday.. and others who comes to our country the day before showday too.

Mika sometimes arrives on the day and sometimes arrives the day before. It just depends on the logistics. He can't do a tour date in Los Angeles the day after a date in Chicago because the set has to travel clear across the country. That gives him time to get to LA in advance and do some promo or whatever in the meantime.

But there was no reason to think he couldn't be in Lisbon. It's not too tight to travel in the morning and perform at night. He and other artists do it all the time. They don't perform 7 days a week but it's not realistic to expect they will only perform 3 days a week. It's too cost prohibitive.

but when I heard that Mika comes to our country on the showday, I cannot help fearing for these things.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous sitting in the queue in NYC while Mika was sitting around reading a magazine in Montréal. But it's just something we have to live with. It's not incompetent planning on the part of his management and it's not going to change. It's just a calculated risk and it pans out 99.9%+ of the time. As far as I know this is the only time it's ever happened and it was caused by an act of god, not by bad judgement IMO.

Archived