I think what Laura means is, that maybe he shouldn't have taken on a promo gig, the night before a major gig in another country.

I know he wants to get in as much promo as possible, but he is already huge in France, and he's doing 6 shows there, and he is only doing 1 in Portugal. So could they not have done this promo show when he was in France? I'm sure it would have been possible.

It has nothing to do with the problems the volcano has caused. All these shows have been planned well in advance, so I'm sure they could have planned to do a promo show in France, while he was in France on the tour. Simple logistics.

9 shows! :aah::shocked:

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has nothing to do with the problems the volcano has caused. All these shows have been planned well in advance, so I'm sure they could have planned to do a promo show in France, while he was in France on the tour. Simple logistics.

No, it was perfectly feasible to get from Paris to Lisbon for the show as long as there were planes flying. It has everything to do with the volcano, I think!

No, it was perfectly feasible to get from Paris to Lisbon for the show as long as there were planes flying. It has everything to do with the volcano, I think!

Right on!:thumb_yello:

Plus I will my faith in Mika & Team Mika before team MFC!

I can't believe all the Monday morning quarter backing that goes on here.

Right on!:thumb_yello:

Plus I will my faith in Mika & Team Mika before team MFC!

I can't believe all the Monday morning quarter backing that goes on here.

I never said it wasn't feasible! :sneaky2: I just said that his schedule looked pretty tight to me weeks ago. I wasn't criticising, you are interpreting my post in the wrong way! I just reported my reaction after seeing the schedule, because I remember very well what my thoughts were ages ago. Damn volcano! :aah:

I never said it wasn't feasible! :sneaky2: I just said that his schedule looked pretty tight to me weeks ago. I wasn't criticising, you are interpreting my post in the wrong way! I just reported my reaction after seeing the schedule, because I remember very well what my thoughts were ages ago. Damn volcano! :aah:

Okay. Okay.

Maybe it was the :tongue2: & some of the things you did state that got my dander up.

Shake hands??:bow::bow:

Okay. Okay.

Maybe it was the :tongue2: & some of the things you did state that got my dander up.

Shake hands??:bow::bow:

You don't know me at all, that's the problem. I'm not a tour manager, I trust their judgement. I'm not here to say what they should do. (Apart from a few nasty words about Sandbag :fisch::mf_rosetinted: ) I just tend to worry a lot every time his schedule comes out on mikasounds! :boxed: I care about his voice. :wub2:

Yes, it is feasible, but it seems that there's a lot of promo padding in places that he pretty much doesn't seem to need so much of it.

He could have gone to do promo in Portugal after the promo in Spain, he's not done much there. Like I said, in France he's huge, and doing the 9 (thanks Abbyyy:wink2:) gigs there.

Like I said this isn't anything to do with the volcano, it's more about putting in the time in places on this round of the tour, that he's NOT so big.

You don't know me at all, that's the problem. I'm not a tour manager, I trust their judgement. I'm not here to say what they should do. (Apart from a few nasty words about Sandbag :fisch::mf_rosetinted: ) I just tend to worry a lot every time his schedule comes out on mikasounds! :boxed: I care about his voice. :wub2:

I apologize.

Yes, it is feasible, but it seems that there's a lot of promo padding in places that he pretty much doesn't seem to need so much of it.

He could have gone to do promo in Portugal after the promo in Spain, he's not done much there. Like I said, in France he's huge, and doing the 9 (thanks Abbyyy:wink2:) gigs there.

Like I said this isn't anything to do with the volcano, it's more about putting in the time in places on this round of the tour, that he's NOT so big.

Horse hooey!

Horse hooey!

Why do you say that?:blink:

Why shouldn't he do some promo in Portugal, are they not worthy enough or something?

He has done so much more promo in France over the last year, yes, I know he's done as much here in the UK too, but it's not like he doesn't need to, he's still not doing brilliantly here! In France he's done really well, he's certainly done better there than anywhere else in Europe.

I'm not saying he should stop doing promo there, just give every country equal time, and I mean that for the UK too.

Everyone equal time.

Why shouldn't he do some promo in Portugal, are they not worthy enough or something?

He has done so much more promo in France over the last year, yes, I know he's done as much here in the UK too, but it's not like he doesn't need to, he's still not doing brilliantly here! In France he's done really well, he's certainly done better there than anywhere else in Europe.

I'm not saying he should stop doing promo there, just give every country equal time, and I mean that for the UK too.

Everyone equal time.

I read everything I can get my hands on everywhere about Mika, Team Mika, & those artists with whom Mika chooses to collaborate.

I have overtime come to have great respect for the little I can make out of Mika's plans.

In a nutshell there is a plan & there are plans & the overworking Mika does at times seems necessary to me - as if I have any right to judge or anybody else has for that matter.

I suppose that is the best way to express where I am coming from.

I read everything I can get my hands on everywhere about Mika, Team Mika, & those artists with whom Mika chooses to collaborate.

I have overtime come to have great respect for the little I can make out of Mika's plans.

In a nutshell there is a plan & there are plans & the overworking Mika does at times seems necessary to me - as if I have any right to judge or anybody else has for that matter.

I suppose that is the best way to express where I am coming from.

I'm sure they do have some sort of game plan, but it doesn't seem entirely clear how it's going to pan out, exactly.

Back in 2007, we went through a similar thing, where we all ended up worrying if his health could take the strain of the touring, and in the end, he had to cancel shows, because it got too much, as he kept adding and adding to it.

It seems similar now, but not because of his health, which seems to be holding up pretty well considering the constant workload, but because he seems to be preaching to the converted, rather than pulling in new fans to keep the momentum going.

I'm not judging, I'm just saying how it looks from an outside perspective.

Horse hooey!

I have to agree with Kodes here again. :naughty:

First of all, Mika's tight schedule has absolutely nothing to do with the Lisbon cancellation. If he didn't have all that promo in Paris he wouldn't even be on the continent - he would be stuck in London - and then you'd be looking at a serious risk of cancellations in Spain as well as Portugal. I think in this instance his tightly packed schedule has been a blessing and prevented even further disappointments.

And the idea that his promo in France is a waste of time and he should be spending it in Portugal or somewhere else he's not very popular doesn't make any sense to me. Mika is not just faffing around at a private gig tonight. It was a whole huge promotion with Coke that has been going on for weeks and is benefitting a charity that Mika supports. You can't hold this promotion responsible for his inability to get to Lisbon. There was no reason for anyone to suspect he couldn't get to Lisbon tomorrow when this was all scheduled.

It's very easy to say in hindsight that they should have known but Mika can't afford to have everyone sitting around every other day in the 1 in a billion chance there is going to be freak volcanic activity shutting down airports. :freak:

I have to agree with Kodes here again. :naughty:

First of all, Mika's tight schedule has absolutely nothing to do with the Lisbon cancellation. If he didn't have all that promo in Paris he wouldn't even be on the continent - he would be stuck in London - and then you'd be looking at a serious risk of cancellations in Spain as well as Portugal. I think in this instance his tightly packed schedule has been a blessing and prevented even further disappointments.

And the idea that his promo in France is a waste of time and he should be spending it in Portugal or somewhere else he's not very popular doesn't make any sense to me. Mika is not just faffing around at a private gig tonight. It was a whole huge promotion with Coke that has been going on for weeks and is benefitting a charity that Mika supports. You can't hold this promotion responsible for his inability to get to Lisbon. There was no reason for anyone to suspect he couldn't get to Lisbon tomorrow when this was all scheduled.

It's very easy to say in hindsight that they should have known but Mika can't afford to have everyone sitting around every other day in the 1 in a billion chance there is going to be freak volcanic activity shutting down airports. :freak:

I think I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't even talking about the volcano problem, where did I say that, that was the problem?

I am aware that tonight was a charity show, which I'm pretty sure wasn't just arranged a few weeks ago. I'm certain it had a lot more planning than that behind it. We only heard about it a few weeks back, that doesn't mean that they just thought about doing it then, just like any other event, venues have to be booked more than a few weeks in advance. So I'm sure that it was all arranged a couple of months back. This is why I was wondering why it couldn't have been slotted in with the French shows, I see an extra show was added in Bercy, and this was after the tour was originally announced. Could the show not have been put in there?

Notice I am asking a question, not making a statement, before I get jumped on, for making demands!

I'm just saying that he could have done promo in Spain and Portugal this week, as they are the shows he was due to do this weekend, I'm sure there are plenty of radio and tv shows he could have done between the two.

Nothing to do with volcanos at all.

I think I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't even talking about the volcano problem, where did I say that, that was the problem?

I came late into this conversation and was agreeing with everything that Kodes has been saying here, not just his response to you. Earlier people were implying that his tightly packed schedule made it predictable that gigs would be cancelled.

I'm just saying that he could have done promo in Spain and Portugal this week, as they are the shows he was due to do this weekend, I'm sure there are plenty of radio and tv shows he could have done between the two.

He did do promo in Spain this week, didn't he? Maybe they feel promo in Portugal is not worthwhile at this point. How are we to know? We're not managing him. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Maybe giving the people of France what they want is a lot better use of his time than trying to give the people of Portugal (or Canada or wherever) something they don't seem particularly interested in.

I came late into this conversation and was agreeing with everything that Kodes has been saying here, not just his response to you. Earlier people were implying that his tightly packed schedule made it predictable that gigs would be cancelled.

He did do promo in Spain this week, didn't he? Maybe they feel promo in Portugal is not worthwhile at this point. How are we to know? We're not managing him. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Maybe giving the people of France what they want is a lot better use of his time than trying to give the people of Portugal (or Canada or wherever) something they don't seem particularly interested in.

Seems a shame if they do feel that way, because if they gave it a chance, maybe they could get more, by doing more.

I do not like some things that I read since I had the knowledge the gig was cancelled.

I'm not quoting anyone or writing to a particular person, just in general, and if you want to read and understand that's ok, if you don't that's ok too. I'm just tired (3a.m) and I need to end this sad day.

First of all we are terribly sad because this is the SECOND time. When Mika came in 2008 was for a festival, tomorrow would be totally different.

The venue were almost sold out (you don't have idea what that represents here), we had prepared a lot of surprises for him. Tv, radio, internet, were talking about this gig everyday. Publicity on tv, radio, newspaper, everyone was talking about TOMORROW. There were made some interviews to him but just by phone...so I guess (at least from our side) there were an interest, in my opinion, a huge interest. We even thought that he probably would give some interviews for tv or radio (because he was free on Saturday).

I'm from Portugal but I don't leave in Lisbon. I have classes tomorrow and on saturday too and now I can't manage go to them because I can't return home. So I'm really really angry for all the reasons you can imagine.

When I knew about the cancellation I was arriving home with some food that I had bought for the concert, I even had my bag ready for the gig. So, should I be happy? I guess not.

Just to finish this, (like Laura) when I saw the promo on Paris would be on the day before I thought that would be very bad. There aren't flights at night, so he just could catch a flight on the morning, then he would just run to Campo Pequeno and do the soundcheck and then the gig? For me it was too tight...so if it wasn't, why he likes to go earlier to the cities he'll play? I'm not saying it is impossible, but it's surely tight. I'm sure if he hadn't this, he'll probably be here on wednesday.

But what's done is done. I'm just really sad because he didn't say anything about this. This is stupid, but I feel like I'm in a terrible dream and I'll wake up and none of this would be real.

And remember, if this was in your country, (and it was the second time) probably you would be like me, or even worse.

(I'm sorry about some mistakes that I probably wrote... just too much tiredness under me)

I do not like some things that I read since I had the knowledge the gig was cancelled.

I'm not quoting anyone or writing to a particular person, just in general, and if you want to read and understand that's ok, if you don't that's ok too. I'm just tired (3a.m) and I need to end this sad day.

First of all we are terribly sad because this is the SECOND time. When Mika came in 2008 was for a festival, tomorrow would be totally different.

The venue were almost sold out (you don't have idea what that represents here), we had prepared a lot of surprises for him. Tv, radio, internet, were talking about this gig everyday. Publicity on tv, radio, newspaper, everyone was talking about TOMORROW. There were made some interviews to him but just by phone...so I guess (at least from our side) there were an interest, in my opinion, a huge interest. We even thought that he probably would give some interviews for tv or radio (because he was free on Saturday).

I'm from Portugal but I don't leave in Lisbon. I have classes tomorrow and on saturday too and now I can't manage go to them because I can't return home. So I'm really really angry for all the reasons you can imagine.

When I knew about the cancellation I was arriving home with some food that I had bought for the concert, I even had my bag ready for the gig. So, should I be happy? I guess not.

Just to finish this, (like Laura) when I saw the promo on Paris would be on the day before I thought that would be very bad. There aren't flights at night, so he just could catch a flight on the morning, then he would just run to Campo Pequeno and do the soundcheck and then the gig? For me it was too tight...so if it wasn't, why he likes to go earlier to the cities he'll play? I'm not saying it is impossible, but it's surely tight. I'm sure if he hadn't this, he'll probably be here on wednesday.

But what's done is done. I'm just really sad because he didn't say anything about this. This is stupid, but I feel like I'm in a terrible dream and I'll wake up and none of this would be real.

And remember, if this was in your country, (and it was the second time) probably you would be like me, or even worse.

(I'm sorry about some mistakes that I probably wrote... just too much tiredness under me)

I can understand your feeling... so sorry to hear about the cancelation news..

Mika is planning to come to Seoul just on the show day morning too...:( In my opinion, when he tours another country and do a gig, he should come to that country at least just day before the showday.. to prepare things for gigs..:(

there can be any unexpected situations like this.... so sad....

I agree, it sucks. However, it would suck a lot more if Mika's plane had crashed on his way to Portugal.

Everyone equal time.

I really can't see why he should give every country equal time :blink: They promote him to get as much benefit as possible as efficiently as possible (and that was a bit poor sentence, hope you all could understand it). It's not about what he wants or how a small groups of people feel in different countries, it's mostly about money and the whole situation. And of course it's important to do promotion every time he goes to a new country, but working together with a huge company like Coke sounds far more important than random interview in a country like Portugal? And I say this with all respect to Portugal, my own country would be definitely even less important.

Excatly. That's what I tried to say above :blush-anim-cl:

And I really feel for all you fans in Portugal :wub2: You were the first thing I thought when I read about these news. And I also realized, that this means that I can't be in Barcelona on sunday :aah: I think Mika can find a way to be there but it looks many fans who were supposed to fly there can't do it. And this is the 5th gig I need to cancel/reschedule this year (actually there are more, but other times I did because of my own reasons) and I'm also disappointed. But there's nothing I can do :aah:

I really can't see why he should give every country equal time :blink: They promote him to get as much benefit as possible as efficiently as possible (and that was a bit poor sentence, hope you all could understand it). It's not about what he wants or how a small groups of people feel in different countries, it's mostly about money and the whole situation. And of course it's important to do promotion every time he goes to a new country, but working together with a huge company like Coke sounds far more important than random interview in a country like Portugal? And I say this with all respect to Portugal, my own country would be definitely even less important.

Excatly. That's what I tried to say above :blush-anim-cl:

And I really feel for all you fans in Portugal :wub2: You were the first thing I thought when I read about these news. And I also realized, that this means that I can't be in Barcelona on sunday :aah: I think Mika can find a way to be there but it looks many fans who were supposed to fly there can't do it. And this is the 5th gig I need to cancel/reschedule this year (actually there are more, but other times I did because of my own reasons) and I'm also disappointed. But there's nothing I can do :aah:

From what Liliana said in her post, the Portuguese press and tv, have been making a big deal this week out of him going there!

So I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be 1 random interview, he'd been doing there!

From what she says, the had a LOT of press planned for him, so it was a big thing for them.

I'm sure they do have some sort of game plan, but it doesn't seem entirely clear how it's going to pan out, exactly.

Back in 2007, we went through a similar thing, where we all ended up worrying if his health could take the strain of the touring, and in the end, he had to cancel shows, because it got too much, as he kept adding and adding to it.

It seems similar now, but not because of his health, which seems to be holding up pretty well considering the constant workload, but because he seems to be preaching to the converted, rather than pulling in new fans to keep the momentum going.

I'm not judging, I'm just saying how it looks from an outside perspective.

His schedule seems to be really tight this summer :blink: A gig in Helsinki after two days in Russia...? And I know many artist do the same (and even more) and I know there are many festivals in his schedule (not so demanding to his voice) but a fan in me is a bit worried :blush-anim-cl: He is not like all the other artist, he is special :wub2: A voice like his should be treasured. I love seeing him happy and I love hearing him talking about his music and about making of it, and he really needs time to feed his creativity too, doesn't he? I know, I sound so naive. And the situation is similar for many artists, but as I said, he is something special! :teehee:

And seeing him exhausted breaks my heart every time. You know how much he gives out of himself on stage. Sometimes in the audience I feel we are all like a huge group of vampires taking all his energy and he must feel quite empty after it, and he needs to fill his energy level again for the next day. And for the day after that. And day after that... He is born to be on stage and he obviously enjoys it, but seriously, he must feel tired sometimes? Of course I have that image in my head only very rarely, when I see how he is tired but still does a very professional performance.

He is a big boy, I know. And it is amazing how happy and rested he has looked after touring UK, Scandinavia, German etc. :wub2:

His schedule seems to be really tight this summer :blink: A gig in Helsinki after two days in Russia...? And I know many artist do the same (and even more) and I know there are many festivals in his schedule (not so demanding to his voice) but a fan in me is a bit worried :blush-anim-cl: He is not like all the other artist, he is special :wub2: A voice like his should be treasured. I love seeing him happy and I love hearing him talking about his music and about making of it, and he really needs time to feed his creativity too, doesn't he? I know, I sound so naive. And the situation is similar for many artists, but as I said, he is something special! :teehee:

And seeing him exhausted breaks my heart every time. You know how much he gives out of himself on stage. Sometimes in the audience I feel we are all like a huge group of vampires taking all his energy and he must feel quite empty after it, and he needs to fill his energy level again for the next day. And for the day after that. And day after that... He is born to be on stage and he obviously enjoys it, but seriously, he must feel tired sometimes? Of course I have that image in my head only very rarely, when I see how he is tired but still does a very professional performance.

He is a big boy, I know. And it is amazing how happy and rested he has looked after touring UK, Scandinavia, German etc. :wub2:

I'm with all all those points, I always like seeing him happy, it's contagious:naughty:

And it really must take it out of him putting on a show, as he puts his whole self into it. He must be completely shattered by the end of a tour, but he seems to love doing it. I think he feeds off it as much as we do!

I'm with all all those points, I always like seeing him happy, it's contagious:naughty:

And it really must take it out of him putting on a show, as he puts his whole self into it. He must be completely shattered by the end of a tour, but he seems to love doing it. I think he feeds off it as much as we do!

I love how you are talking about him in your posts!!! It´s true,Mika is not like "others artist"... he is special,his shows are special and he has lots of energy to d what he does... I also expect he keep his health to do the tour as he wants to do it... but if me,as a fan,should choose between "one more gig" or "mika´s health" don´t doubt... i prefer stay home crying for not seeing him,but knowing he is healthy.......

We even thought that he probably would give some interviews for tv or radio (because he was free on Saturday).

And maybe he would have...? :dunno: That was my point earlier...we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. No one loves to armchair manage Mika more than I do, but some things we have no knowledge of so what is the point of getting angry about it and saying they should have done this or should have done that? We don't know what his promo schedule was or why those decisions were made.

I don't think anyone expects you to be happy. The whole thing SUCKS. :aah:

There aren't flights at night, so he just could catch a flight on the morning, then he would just run to Campo Pequeno and do the soundcheck and then the gig? For me it was too tight...so if it wasn't, why he likes to go earlier to the cities he'll play? I'm not saying it is impossible, but it's surely tight. I'm sure if he hadn't this, he'll probably be here on wednesday.

But he doesn't go to other cities 2 days earlier. For the NYC gig we were sitting in the queue and Mika was tweeting from Canada even though his last gig was 10 days prior. I'm truly sorry about what happened Liliana, but this expectation just isn't realistic. The earliest he would have been there is Thursday and flights out of the UK were already cancelled so it still would have been extremely difficult and likely impossible for him to get to Lisbon in time. I totally understand your disappointment but it doesn't change the facts.

I have had 4 gigs and a TV appearance I was planning to attend cancelled and two of them were in my country so I do understand the disappointment and the frustrations. It SUCKS and I hope you get an extra special end-of-tour gig to make up for it. :huglove:

He is born to be on stage and he obviously enjoys it, but seriously, he must feel tired sometimes?

Yeah it has got to be very wearing at times especially if he has trouble sleeping for whatever reason. But what can you do? It's very expensive to have an entire crew just sitting around literally half the time while Mika recharges his batteries.

Archived